Author Topic: pro-jumps 'tlast :D  (Read 4115 times)

Offline tesco

pro-jumps 'tlast :D
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
I have just got my pro-jumps yesterday!

They were went to wrong depot, so they were few days later :(

Took a while to get walking without help, ( bout 10mins:P)i was in the garage, so it was confined, but no problem after about 10mins i went outside and started walking around the garden, then into the street,

then more out of the street, where two chavettes who were walking back to school told me to do something with my life ^.^

then i went back into garden. and let my friends have ago, but they didnt make it to walk by them selves. :(

after a while my top shin kept hitting off the knee bar, I found a real problem it hurts lots :).. So i had non of of it.. I got some big foam and masking tape and wrapped it around the knee bar, and now its great.

My foot also didnt fit! maybe because i wear converse and they are thin, but i just moved my foot straps down and now it fits perfect.

They are much bigger than i thought they would be.

I have walked about 2-2.5 miles on my first day on them, and a slight little jog, to town and back, with MANY people looking... i was wowed..

I have 2 questions,

Should my foot straps be in the inside? ( so the actual plastic strap thing is pointing outwards) or should it be pointing inwards?

and, how on earth do you jump on two feet? I have to do one, then the other! or is it because i have the M90 version and im 62.5kgs?

-tesco

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Re: pro-jumps 'tlast :D
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:47 AM »
just jump like you would without your bocks on but keep your legs strate when the hoof hits the floor and push down with your heals

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
Should my foot straps be in the inside? ( so the actual plastic strap thing is pointing outwards) or should it be pointing inwards?

The buckles should be on the outside of your foot so that if you clip your stilts together they won't come undone.

and, how on earth do you jump on two feet? I have to do one, then the other! or is it because i have the M90 version and im 62.5kgs?

Practise, practise, practise.
Everytime you go out on them you will learn a bit more and gain a bit more confidence, just keep working on it and you will slowly improve.

Don't expect to be jumping 6ft within the first couple of days  :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
in my eperience do not push yourself into doing loadsa kangaroo jumps in a row too early coz i ended up on my arsein front of alot of people at school so just take it slow and work on one thing at a time  ;D
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:07:51 AM »
in my eperience do not push yourself into doing loadsa kangaroo jumps in a row too early coz i ended up on my arsein front of alot of people at school so just take it slow and work on one thing at a time  ;D

Falling over is an important part of learning to bock. If your not falling over your not pushing yourself.

To the original poster...get some pit dirt knee pads

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:31:25 AM »
getting height is not jumping

When you jump without stilts you use your thigh muscles to power up. If you do this on stilts you will not gain height.

the key point is to flex the springs on the decent. You do this by keeping your legs as inflexible as possible. the normal comment is power down through your heels. if you keep your legs rigid after you have compressed the springs you will bounce upwards.
Grow old disgracefully