Author Topic: One month to go!  (Read 5232 times)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
One month to go!
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:11:25 AM »
"The biggest bocking event in the world EVER is now just ONE MONTH AWAY exactly!

Personally I cannot wait but please make sure of the following.

• ORDER YOUR T SHIRT NOW - I'd say the deadline to get it here on time is friday or the weekend.

• If you are camping, you NEED to be on this list. If you're not on there and you're camping, contact me, Locky or Becky within the next 48 hours.
    If you dont, you'll be left to find your own sleeping arrangments.

Capital Bocking this year is really going to be the spectacle when it comes to any bocking event. I think we have 4 or 5 people travelling from other countries and you wont want to miss it.

If you're thinking about coming, all the details you'll need are on the Capital Bocking website: www.capitalbocking.co.uk.

One month to go people until Locky Vs Carma really kicks off 8)

Those on the list highlighted in yellow means I dont know what days you are staying or what you're sleeping arrangments are. It would be very nice to know :)
"

Says Locky. For he is a fool and forgot to log out of my account.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:48:42 AM by sprog »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Re: One month to go!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
Locky is gunna get beatings...

-Carma

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
Just one question. I said on the CB forum that I would be camping for 2 nights. I was wondering if it was more important to say if we were camping than how many nights and if it would be possible to change the how many nights thing closer to the time?

Bacically if I need to camp a day longer because I dont know my travel arangements yet is it a big problem?

Secondly if it is a problem to extend it how would I stand if I said 3 nights and then cancelled one night closer to the time?

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »
Just one question. I said on the CB forum that I would be camping for 2 nights. I was wondering if it was more important to say if we were camping than how many nights and if it would be possible to change the how many nights thing closer to the time?

Bacically if I need to camp a day longer because I dont know my travel arangements yet is it a big problem?

Secondly if it is a problem to extend it how would I stand if I said 3 nights and then cancelled one night closer to the time?

:spudT:
I'm stopping 4 nights and your welcome to share my tent  :biggrin:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »
That wouldnt be a problem at all spud. You might have to switch camp sites for the extra night (10 mins walk but we can find transport if needed) but I'll explain the how and why in a few days when we have final confirmation from the sites.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »
omg 2 campsites?

uh oh.... hehe

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
That wouldnt be a problem at all spud. You might have to switch camp sites for the extra night (10 mins walk but we can find transport if needed) but I'll explain the how and why in a few days when we have final confirmation from the sites.

Excelent thanks Locky  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
:Dark_Knight: Why you all looking at me  :thumbs:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »
Just to let everyone know I've been in talks with St Johns Ambulance service (very well known and respected first aid charity) and the bottom line is to have them attend CB for first aid is going to cost £200 per day.

I cant really see this happening. Even if we said everyone put in a pound or two to cover it, we dont really know how many people are going to show up and I dont really want to sign any agreement with them and then have them chase me for £300 because we only managed to scr***e up £100 from the bockers.

The end result is, we're on our own for minor injuries and if someone breaks anything we either call an ambulance or take them to hospital.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
yeah ambulance's ftw, keep the costs down.
ill bring pain killers and a first aid kit  ;D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”