Author Topic: Check for using  (Read 2413 times)

Dark Knight

Check for using
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Just like an airplane pilot check his plane before take off you should check your stilts before bocking.

Loose nuts and bolts
Springs for cracks
Hoof for wear
Bindings wear

Just a couple of things you should at least look at before bocking.  :angel:
This doesn't mean you'll be safe just safer !?

I've had to stop just now because a binding snaped on me :o
Where the binding screws into the foot plate ( weakest piont I'd say ). The binding swings around the screw holding in place but means in wear down and then snaps ( like my binding just did ). If I had checked before going out I may have notice how thin it had gotten and had a chance to sort it out before it was too late !?

I was jogging along when my toes lefted up off the foot plate and throw me off my stride, I recovered but I had nothing to fix the binding with so I had to come home.
Oddly there's a twist to the story !?
Moments after I'd packed up it P'd down heavy with rain I don't have a t-shirt on just a hoodie so would have been sock it the skin, as is was I took stilts off and kept dry  :Dark_Knight:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:26:03 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
Re: Check for using
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:09 PM »
Thats a load of piffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pilots do not walk around their plane, they get us techies to do it, and sign for it, and then they sign for acceptring the aircraft, they certainley do not walk around it themselves!! (Not ours anyway!!)

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
Thats a load of piffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I don't ( neither do many ) have techies to check for us ( I did have a slave once .... can't remember where I left her  :biggrin: ) !
So we have to check for ourselfs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:10:43 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline britishjord

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
cool  ;D ;D ;D :Dark_Knight: :scool: :PJ1: :PJ1: :PJR: :PJL: :Straddle5: :tape:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
The thing is though, this has been said hundreds of time and people still do not do it.

I don't do it infact, I can't be assed. I'll check them if I'm bored but other than that they only get checked if they start rattling and things. DK, do your bindings up when they are not in use, it'll stop them swinging around and snapping off/getting caught.