Author Topic: little help on tricks  (Read 4080 times)

Offline britishjord

little help on tricks
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:30:54 PM »
hi guy's i have had my pro-jump's for about one and a half week's and i have learnt to run fairly quickly and i am wearing the springs in after about three days of jumping i have tried jumping over he end of slides and various other small objects... i can't jump very high and would like to learn one or two tricks to show my friends , bearing in mind i dont have a helmet yet and dont want to hurt my head before my holiday in majorca... can any of you tell me a few tricks i could try?

thanks

Offline mafiaman

Re: little help on tricks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »
alright mate i did not get mine to long ago ethier but i can do a few tricks but i dont advise you to do any with no helmet for learning  :police:   but the easy ones are grabs as you jump smaller objects it is simple and looks better than basic jumping things or spins eg 360 or more  :biggrin:  dowt i told you any think you did not no already haha  :Straddle5: :PJL:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
nah you dont want to worry about a helmet it throws you off balence i fined eny way

you should lurn split kiks first there rilly simple i did 1 with in like 20 mins of using my stilts or do side kiks dont go for grabs just yet coz its scary if u dont quite get your feet down fast anuf so yer just go for it make your owne style and just go for it dont think the longr you do the harder it will be  :thumbs: have fun

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
When doing simple stuff its up to the individual about a helmet, however when learning new stuff involving being upside down, i'd say you should wear a helmet..:)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »
I know a lot of people find the helmet either embarassing or hot but I would highly recomend wearing one for the first couple of months

I put a couple of dents in mine while I was learning and Clive did the same although we don't wear them now I would still wear one if I was trying anything new on hard ground or near any hard objects

I didn't think I needed wristies when I started  :haha: (nice Xrays to prove it  :biggrin:)

One thought we all make mistakes and you can't bock if your a vegetable

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline britishjord

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »
thanks for all the great adices  ;D did a few tucks today and tried a grab and yes it was scarey cause i nearly didnt get my feet back down lol, oh well.. practice makes perfect  :)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:59:23 AM »
dude all i can say is u will love majorca!! i bocked there in may and its was so much fun!!  :thumbs:

have a good'en and just try tricks u think will look good then ass ur own sytle to them by tweaking it a tad

but dont go 4 massive tricks yet keep em close to ur body do ur not pushing yourself too hard then slowly make em bigger and better

Carl

Offline britishjord

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:15:47 PM »
thanks carl , great advice