Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 134739 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
CB 2009
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »
Already there is talk about next years and even before leaving cardiff several people have told me they want it in cardiff again next year, though without the rain and without mikeyb  Shocked

Anyway I have a few ideas, regardless of the location and to be honest I dont think a forum thread is really going to get the job done as it will just get twisted and off topic and we wont get a good end result.

So I propose, those who want to come and put some input or suggestions in, then we all arrange a good day and time where we can all meet up in the chatroom and throw ideas around. I know it might get a bit hectic but at least then we can take the final ideas and see what we all think will work best.

How does that sound?

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »
i like thids idea we will all get more of a say in the final day  :thumbs:

but yeh a time and date wud be good

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:04:11 PM »
Norwich, August 09, me, you, everyone, yes, have it. jelly x

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:07:17 PM »
norwich ftw

that would b brill in norwich

the forum the moat an all the pakror spots
ther is loads of places an they all in the center of norwich

xx
lozzi
xx
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:37:29 PM by lil-lozzi »

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »
norwich ftw

that would b brill in norwich

the forum the maot an all the pakror spots
ther is oads pf places an they all in the center of norwich

xx
lozzi
xx
Could we get 200 plus bockers in the maot ?
If we move around we must have lots of space, we'd block the path and road with those numbers !?

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
gentalmans walk is a big wide open place an also we hav the castle gardans right next to the moat  there is lots of steps an some blocks an stuff lol

plus i hav heard of a place caled blue rail thats got vaulting spots an gaps to jump betwene :)))

xx
lozzi
xx
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:52:29 PM by lil-lozzi »

Offline ricc

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 12:05:27 AM »
capital bocking in norwich? behave........ 'capital'....need i say more......? lol...anyway, theres plenty of time to argue later :p

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 12:49:46 AM »
You lot could always come to St Helier sometime ? I go "Capital Bocking" too...Just not much fun on your own...I'd have liked to  have been in Cardiff this year but I got married on the 14th August 2004 and the requirements of she who must be obeyed took priority...I got to go camping though(heaps of fun trying to keep the tent in one piece in 70mph winds on Alderney!!!),That's my excuse and if I don't stick with it I get to be a Eunuch :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm deffo gonna try and make the 2009 meet....If you happen to laugh at a skinny dark haired bloke falling over a lot next year," It's me, I KEEL YOU!!!!" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

-Nobby

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »
If you happen to laugh at a skinny dark haired bloke falling over a lot next year," It's me, I KEEL YOU!!!!" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

-Nobby
By next year you'll be fine .... Your better half may still be wobbly seeing has you brought them for your first anniversary   :thumbs:

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
Capital Bocking being in a 'Capital' Kinda limits it don't you think? Seeing as most of us are 'down south' that leaves only London and Cardiff. And London is somewhat s**t for Bocking compared to Cardiff.

Norwich does get my vote on this one. The only downside is I am not sure they could cope with the numbers. It's a good city for all abilities.

Capital could mean pinnicle or highlight of the Bocking year.

-Carma

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:21:51 AM »
Capital could mean pinnicle or highlight of the Bocking year.
-Carma
That's brilliant  :thumbs:
Could even say it's a CAPITAL idea  :biggrin:
Why didn't I think of that  :banghead:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
second city bocking? birmingham is a bockers dream and smack bang in the centre of the country, win win as i see it

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
Yeah, birmingham is cool because of the many different areas we could bock in at once. And there is loads of things to jump up and off, gaps, vaults etc. Plus, we have the bullring lol!!!

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »
Im good with Norwich as i can make that easily and won't have to spend 6 and a half hours on a bus again :thumbs:

CB was so AMAZINGLY GOOOOODD

any one got those massive group pics???

upload them or pm me if any1s got them

Jack
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:46:03 PM by Jack »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »
Becky has them and will upload them soon enough.

Note to naz: need to sort the swearword censor to ignore case as swearing in upper case seems to slip through!

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 10:16:55 PM »
just a note im getting the vibe that the saturday on the august weekend we have done for the last 2 years it has allways rained! maybe do it a week earlier or later :P

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
well i was thinking of moving it (if possible) to the bank hol weekend,
so we can recover at home on the monday

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
Becky has them and will upload them soon enough.

Note to naz: need to sort the swearword censor to ignore case as swearing in upper case seems to slip through!
That not fare that got in but I'm not allowed to park my car at c*ckfosters tube station

That's odd I couldn't write that before  ???

We can swear on the forum  :banana: 
We can say things like C :censored: T and W :censored: Y and S :censored: G    !
Maybe not then  :-\
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:57:25 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:12 AM »
i was thinking the same as paul..
2 maybe 3 weeks earlier, and have it in july...
as hopefully the weather is better...
i still think cardiff full stop...its a great place to bock,
with all the sights really close to each other...
it has to be a capital really, i disagree with norwich,birmingham etc
even though birmingham has some good places,with a force like that,
you would be moved on, plus staying local to it would be costly..
london has some good places but you get moved on also..although the crowds are amazing...the downfall its expensive for 2 days...
CARDIFF... HAS EVERYTHING and you dont get moved on...
on a nice day, it would be brilliant...
and its a pleasant place... its also the only venue which would cater 2 to 3 days easily without much expense....
the ideas are floating as people seem to come across as lazy to travel, yeah lets have it in our garden ;-) yeah that would be easy for you,, but the event would suffer...
think of bocking heaven, and only one place springs to mind now...
well i'm going there regardless lol... just give me the date locky...

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »
the ideas are floating as people seem to come across as lazy to travel, yeah lets have it in our garden ;-) yeah that would be easy for you,, but the event would suffer...
think of bocking heaven, and only one place springs to mind now...
well i'm going there regardless lol... just give me the date locky...
Has one of those who had to drive 300 miles not the 100 you had to travel I feel that I could say YOUR the one who's lazy ?
Don't get me wrong Cardiff is a great place to bock I'm thinking of going for a week next year, and even thought that CB09 could be there but ....
There was/is a number of people who couldn't or not allowed to travel that far ( 300 miles ) and to not be given a chance again next year would be unfare to them ?
Think of others and their needs true we would look out for everyone once at CB but not everyone could travel with an adult so a 13-14 year old would miss out !
This may mean a 13-14 year old in Cardiff not able to go but it works both ways ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:08:54 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »
I have to agree with DK.

Also, saying it *has* to be in a Capital city, basicly means, 'Cardiff only'. Considering London is actually not great. I cannot really understand why it's seen as good compared to Cardiff, all it is is flat. Which is boring. It's awesome for a day, but a fundimental meet like CB, I think not. Awesome for the first one, but now we know better cities I think it should be ruled out.

Not only that, but not going to other cities, is that not somewhat detrimental on what we are trying to do here? Arn't we suppose to be promoting the sport, and now we have introduced it to Cardiff, we should try with other citys and the local people who live there. I seriously think having it ONLY in Cardiff (Which is what those who are saying about it being in a Capital City) is counter productive.

Cardiff will be awesome for next year, but I do think other citys like Birmingham (a far more suitable option for our numbers) should seriously be consider.

-Carma

Dark Knight

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
 :hijacked:
Like I said I'm thinking of week in Cardiff ?
Anyone fancy a week there with me ?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »
I must admit that the whole point of Capital bocking was to tour the Capitals and in theory Scotland or Northen Ireland should be next

But as neither is a practical idea back to London would be right for Capital Bocking

So why don't we just have 2 CB's at diferent times of year

1 Capital Bocking

2 CARDIFF Bocking next year

After all Cardiff is a great place to Bock

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 07:28:31 PM »
i heard talk of edinburough next year, as it is supposedadly ment t be capitals.. ireland im not to sure cus its overseas but scottland cud work..

but havin CB in london and just another massive meet in Cardiff sounds like a gr8 idea to me :biggrin:

so CB 2010 in AUSTRALIA    << im in who else?

lol

Jack

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
dk you nob...lazy
birmingham my home town was suggested, and i said no, do cardiff again 127 mile to be exact... think before you type jerk off...thats surely lazy.... NOT...
yes it is about promoting the sport and going different places
but as i said earlier in a post...how many people who seen us in london would of bought stilts after... 1  2 maybe...
the sport will grow regardless, the big meet is about bocking good places and us having fun,  not,  what people may be interested on the sidelines...
birmingham as is london, will be crap for 2 days and forever being moved on... this is my whole point.... they are both 1 day'ers...2 days of bocking at the event should be the norm now as the social side came into it on the night times... you got to know people better where in the one day events, that just didnt happen...
birmingham is all pedestrianised now and crowds are mental saturday and sundays shopping, they just wouldnt let us ...although the icc area is big and may get central tv coverage.. and by the town hall there are good steps n stuff..staying local would be dear...
so its not to practical, just like london.......
so should it be...    URBAN BOCKING 09 then ?
why dont we have a mass vote for all registered bockers on the forum....as the only good practical capital is cardiff...
but hey, its early days...a better place maybe found 6 month nearer the time i guess......
i'll go anywhere if the place is good enough, hastle free and practical...woah, that sounds like cardiff again hmmnnnn...

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes