Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135338 times)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #375 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
Cannot make for the second time out of the Country.

For what it is worth a gathering of this size really does need some serious planning and support from other organisations if it is to grow and continue to be new.

The planning really needs to be started in September for the following August. I also think that it needs a group of people who will meet regularly or at least communicate regularly as a sort of steering group to make decisions and give direction otherwise it decends into multiple ideas with no real action
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #376 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
I like the enthusiasm but previous CB's have taken a lot of organisation and planning. Much more than this years. It may well be a really really good meet. I may regret not going if I don't but however good the meet actually is it can't be better than last years. Why? People are not confident that CB will be as good as last year and less people are going. It may be awesome for those that go but it can't be as successful because it is only awesome for a small amount of people. That's if it is awesome. All meets are fun but CB should go a little further than that. You enthusiasm really is great but to say it will be better than last years, with such little planning might annoy those who have put so much work into previous years.

I think clive is spot on.

CB is in the summer, that's reason enough for me not to go. It's soaring season and I like to make the most of it while I can. Bocking has the other 8 months of the year.

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #377 on: July 30, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »
The planning really needs to be started in September for the following August. I also think that it needs a group of people who will meet regularly or at least communicate regularly as a sort of steering group to make decisions and give direction otherwise it decends into multiple ideas with no real action
Agreed Clive, that's how we did it for CB08, I think the day after CB07 we'd already chosen Cardiff Bay as a venue and decided on it being a 2 day event. Some things were organised last minute, mainly due to Cardiff City Council "forgetting" about CB, but it had been in the planning stages for at least 10 months. I think last year we maybe pushed the barrier of CB too far, and both Locky, Becky and myself simply didn't have the time to organise this year's event.

People still kept asking us what was going on with regards to this year (I think because we'd been involved in sorting out 2007 and 2008, it was assumed we'd be doing 2009 as well), which is why I've eventually very hastily cobbled together a date, time and location from various suggestions with the help of a few others (and I am very greatful for them for taking on different roles and really getting it going), just so there will be a CB this year. Hopefully next year we can have it on par with 2008 again, but it depends if people are willing to make the effort and really get organising as early as possible.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #378 on: July 30, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
I saw loads of images of CB last year and it looked amazing, but unfortunatly i cant make it this year, was really looking forward to it.

You able to do it in cardiff again next year looked really good and like you had an amazing time :)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #379 on: July 30, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
Cardiff was a hell of a pain to organise though, which is why we're not going back again this year, mainly to give Locky a break, stop him from going insane and blowing up the Welsh Assembly. We'll see how this year goes and decide from there, I would love to take it back to Cardiff, but it's mainly up to the Welsh guys as it's their area so they know best how to sort it all. Plus they have a hell of a lot on this year and probably next year, so it all depends on that too.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #380 on: July 30, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »
Did you have to ask permission from Cardiff City Council? or was it just a get up and go sort of thing?

DC

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
Locky got permison from the council and worked very hard to do CB 08 im gutted i never made it looked amazin i was close to driving to cardiff on the day but lake of funds when i went to get petrol stopped me

I hope people come to this year's but at the same time i know well have fun even with just a few of us there's allready some of the best going

Me
Bexx
Jason
tundraH
Q
ET
Sprog (hopefully)

People need to put more faith into the event i mean how many people have been to a meet where its been 2 or 3 people and had a really good day bockin i didnt go to CB 08 so i dont know first hand how good it was it lookedamzing and wish id made it there im going to have a good time just think everyone else should agree i know theres not a set out day for it but i dnt really think it will matter bockers allways have fun when 2getha

Also im willing to help organise the 2010 one if anyone so wishes me to do anythink or help in anyway im starting to get a fair amount of free time now lol anyways i hope people do decide to come but at the same time im going for a good day and ihope to see you all there

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
Hope the 2010 one is in cardiff, my parents got a place up there might be able to borrow it and put everyone up for the weekend.
And its closer for every except maybe EA bockers.

DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
And its closer for every except maybe EA bockers.
And those in london :D I'm sure its further for quite a few people actually, at least easier to get to.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
Lol, o well is over a year away yet :P

for all we know Bocks could be banned by then :O
that would be a sad day, lots of protests :D

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #385 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
Right folks lets get behind the guys that are trying to organize it this year
To put it in perspective

CB 2007 was a meet in the park followed by an organized walk stopping at some main points in London and peeking in Trafalgar Sq
Fun was had by all and we all wanted to do it the next year

CB 2008 was an well organized bock fest that seemed to go on for several days and again fun was had by all but Cardiff was a no go this year

CB 2009 has got off to a bad start due to no one being sure where to hold it and when but there are plenty of good spots in London and we will have loads of fun if we want to
But it depends on us being possitive so lets help the organizers if only by thanking them for stepping up to the plate so late in the day to make sure it happens

I will be there even if it is just a meet if only to see old friends and I will enjoy it because I want to

Nice to see you back tundraH I thought you didn't love me any more  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »
You reacon this CB will go on for more than saturday because i really wanna come up, sounds like a great time and i might be able to bring a few others but i can only come up on the sunday. If it is gunan carry on can someone let me know thx :)

DC

Offline Caroline

« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
can i ask for the link for the t-shirts? or has it not been put up.. (im sure sprog said they were done?)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3679.0

main cb thread - doesn't have the t-shirt links in it (could a mod add them please)

t-shirts for everyone:
http://www.zazzle.com/capital_bocking_2009_shirt-235109774957609096

t-shirts for the organisers:
http://www.zazzle.com/capital_bocking_2009_organiser_shirt-235885764598309160

dark-castles: it's just the saturday, but i've said that if someone steps up to organise a seperate meet on the sunday, then i'd be behind them for it, would organise one myself, but got enough to do with CB and other general things

(also there should be quite a few meets round london etc in august if people are up for it, and i don't have too much else to do)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »
i would organize a meet but i have no clue whatsoever what to do. looked at the t-shirts, sexy meat. can we add our names onto the back?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
How come the tee's are priced in dollars im not overly bothad just dont know how it converts to English and when i would get my tee lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »
main cb thread - doesn't have the t-shirt links in it (could a mod add them please)
Job jobbed ;)

If anybody else has any important info that needs to be added to that thread let me know and I will update it :)

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3679.0

dark-castles: it's just the saturday, but i've said that if someone steps up to organise a seperate meet on the sunday, then i'd be behind them for it, would organise one myself, but got enough to do with CB and other general things

(also there should be quite a few meets round london etc in august if people are up for it, and i don't have too much else to do)

Hey well ... considering which people are up for a bock meet on sunday 23rd, Ill go .... but tbh alot of people dont even know if they are going to CB --- Im hoping that the ppl stayin at mine might be up for a meet the next day too.

T-shirts are pretty cool! yay -- how do we buy them ..? do we all pitch in ? or does someone just buy them?

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
For what its worth, I should have bocking as a recognised sport within the next few months and I believe if the sports council of wales accept it then sport england and scotland will too :) Once that is done I shall meet with whoever seems to be interested and practical within the council and sports council to do CB2010 in cardiff again.
Cardiff Council totally let us down at the last minute in 2008 and I really dug my teeth in and p**sed off a LOT of them :) I do it so well.
If people are happy for 2010 to be in Cardiff again then I'll happily do the leg work and make it indoors and outdoors some way, some how.
The only problem is camping again, as there are simply not enough campsites in cardiff that can cope with the demand.

Anyway back to this years....

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
I was speaking to Caro about the t-shirts earlier and i think she said you have to get them done yourself

DC

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
Locky im well up for what you prupose for 2010, will be glad to give you a hand  anyway.. after this years that is. :)

DC

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #396 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:40 AM »
Sounds awesome, Locky, good work.

Anybody using Sothwest trains to get to London, should go to this website http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrains/News/_midsummermadness.htm.  To travel that Saturday will only cost you a tenner. :D

It might be a good idea to put that up on the info thread.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:52:48 AM by tundraH »
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »
I added it to the main info thread and also said about the national express strikes. if anybody else has anything else transport wise to add then go for it.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #398 on: July 31, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
Thanks for that train thing, it is perfect for me to get upton london on the sunday :)

DC

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #399 on: July 31, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
I added it to the main info thread and also said about the national express strikes. if anybody else has anything else transport wise to add then go for it.

People like Carl and other EAs are more than welcome to drive down to my uni, park for free and then catch the train into London, as we did with the Climate Change Walk. I'm sure I can get away with 2 or 3 cars parking up for the day.