Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135048 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
DK calm down. I'm going to announce my ideas on radiobock simply because it will be easier to explain on cam than in text and I can get initial reactions in the chat room.

If you cant watch it live, the replay is available 24/7.
Afterwards, if needed we can come to some sort of decsion either on the forums or if still needed, in a chatroom meet up, as first suggested in my orignal post.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Well no, Im going to tundraH's birthday party  dont care if its awesome or not. But Im sure it will b fun
As am I, but a mobile phone will be coming with me so I can call into the show, and a wireless laptop may come too to hijack a network in bournemouth :P

Yep discuss discuss as ive said Im all for that.
Its just  too many familiar faces seem to have made plans and have desided when and where to roll them out
They have? We only want to get the ball rolling and get next years CB organised, so we can sort out problems we had this year much earlier on.

Dark Knight

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
DK calm down. I'm going to announce my ideas on radiobock simply because it will be easier to explain on cam than in text and I can get initial reactions in the chat room.

If you cant watch it live, the replay is available 24/7.
Afterwards, if needed we can come to some sort of decsion either on the forums or if still needed, in a chatroom meet up, as first suggested in my orignal post.
:-\ I'm always calm if I wasn't I turn green and smash up things  :biggrin:
I in the house for the first time to listen to radio bock live  :banana:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
This is exactly what people need Nero to put forward the case for their home town and I agree that brum looks really great. I need to bock there soon.

Anyway my ideas as announced on radiobock but we had some live streaming problems so I never did get much of a 2 way discussion going on the show....

Something we can not ignore when organising CB is the weather. This year the rain practically ruined saturday and could have easily done so on sunday too, making the whole thing virtually pointless (ignoring the social aspect for a moment).
Capital Bocking needs an indoor venue. Period.

This costs money but we're at the stage now where the sport is growing and a lot more people know of the sport. I dont think its too far stretched to aim to get some event sponsorship. Not from a bocking company but a massive UK brand such as redbull, tesco, animal etc. Someone big. I know we always wanted CB to be non-commercial but I believe we're at the stage now where it needs funding to grow.
Also, we could do with some event management. I dont know how many other people have organised something similar but I'd say it was about 1000 times more hard work than I expected.

My proposal: If we can get sponsorship, we hire an indoor arena. Not something like the O2 arena or wembley indoor arena. Something smaller like the NEC in birmingham or CIA in Cardiff. I've no idea what these would cost but the advantages are plain and simple:

• We could design whatever the hell we wanted.
  • It could not get rained off.
  • There would be plenty of space for 200 bockers.
  • It would be 100% safe.
  • It would have no risk of causing any issues with local authorities what so ever.

The only downside is we'd not draw a crowd but we could open the arena to the public if they wanted and if it did happen to be a nice day then we could head outside also (like cardiff and birmingham seem to have some great places to bock outside). I dont mean all of us at once but it would work itself out evenly.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »
now i do have to agree with you there locky, but then couldnt we try and get the bbc interested in us more and see if they would want to part sponcer us to have all media coverage(except papers) and we could then defo have a mini olympic's etc in there
the nec we would have space for 2000+ in one hall i would think
and then each group could then design there own part and then see what is the best

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »
yeah i really like that idea also locky, thats taking things to the next level.
which is what we need really for the sport.
hit me up when you wanna do brum, we will guide you to the best spots :)

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Dark Knight

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »
I think we also been to form one over all group, nothing more than a forum with all our names on it so company's can see the numbers involved. It one thing asking sponsership for a event with 30 in it and one with 300 in it ?

Maybe more than one company could share the cost of staging it ?
If we get a wide range of differnet company's involved we cant spread the idea of bocking even more !

We cover a wide range of people young/old, boys/girls.
None of us could be called shy so any sponsores wouldn't find it hard to get people to pose for them !

When asking/showing them what bocking's all about we could help with ideas on how we could help promote themself useing the event ?

RED BULL ~ Give you springs. Could be a good selling piont for them.

One important thing sponserships should not include politics or too controversial some offers would have to be turned down even if we could do with the cash !

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
yeah its a sensative point DK. I remember people paying for the campsite and asking where the money was going...er...to the campsite! (I have a £620 receipt if anyone wants proof). Thats why we need the sponsorship, even if funding it ourselves was do-able, we have too many voices and opinions here to keep it all together.

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »
i think a indoor event sounds brill

the NEC looks gd

umm red bull would probbly sponcer bocking an maby relentless

toddys idear is gd each group can be givin a difrent chalange to designe a part of the arina an then chalange the outher groups to complete diffrent things on ther section

an as dk said none of us are shy so if say red bul dose sponcer cb 09 or wheat eva they every one will jump * no pun intended * at the chance to b in piccis of do displays for them

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
oh and the other thing is that then our tee's may be payed for as well :banana:

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
thats always a gd thing toddy lol

bockin wil red bull on your bk hummmmmmmmm iv seen that somewhere before lol

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
HERE!

#
It's watermarked like crazy cos I sent it to red bull, but I got no reply :(

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
lol lol lol
i love the pic

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2008, 09:34:43 PM »
HERE!

#
It's watermarked like crazy cos I sent it to red bull, but I got no reply :(

youve watermarked it with everything cept www.projumpforum.co.uk... the site u posted it on... 

Jackk

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »
I never intended to post in on PJF (or any forum) to be honest, it's on my photography site, so I was mearly showing it as an example in response to Lozzi.

It's watermarked with CB because that's the event, XB as it played a major part in the organisation of CB, and WB because CB was in Wales and the Welsh Bockers put a lot of hard work into it (and Dawesome is technically part of the Welsh Bockers, if not officially). If I watermarked it with every bocking site it would look stupid, and IMO PJF wasn't linked to CB that greatly, and would have provided little info on the event or bocking in Wales to Red Bull.
If I hadn't intended to send it to red bull I wouldn't have watermarked it anyway.

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2008, 09:52:32 PM »
wow i care so much

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2008, 10:03:28 PM »
Why comment on it then?

Offline ricc

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
i expect a band for this, but i feel rialed!

jack your a c.unt

my sensible reply consists of......... why on earth should it have any addresses on it? oh wait.. cause sprog/becky etc own ALL the images they took. the do as they please and associate the image with the forum/sites they wish to associate it with. end of.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:19:11 PM by ricc »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2008, 10:17:36 PM »
put away ur handbags lads  :P

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
I don't own a handbag :P
I was thinking more of beating his head in with my camera. It has sharp corners.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »
 :biggrin:

Offline ricc

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
sprog, may i recommend a bock?! its too has sharp corners, is weighty, and you can then leave the scene of the crime at high speed.

i also cast my mind back to CB where mini ellis kicked me and cut me doing the exact same thing. lol

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »
You have a point Ricc, but I feel the camera would be more poignant and ironic

Oh look! We just totally destroyed this thread and pulled it so far off-topic it's gonna have a hard time clawing it's way back :P

Offline ricc

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »
wait. let me chortle in a manner fitting of this situation.

HA HA HA.

right, now thats done, let me say... for the love of god SLAY HIM DOWN! hahhahaha camera bludgeoning FTW!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »
And it means my camera with have stylistic emo blood splatters over it!