Author Topic: Fence Jumping  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Tange

Fence Jumping
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
OK so I've had my PJ's for over a week now and I've been doing really well with regards to walking, jogging & running.  I finally managed to pluck up the courage to try the dreaded 2 footed jump and it really wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be.....

Anyway, I've been jumping around in my garden (full safety gear on btw) and been getting slowly higher and higher, 1ft, 2ft, 3ft and finally 4ft of the ground.  It's an awesome feeling being that high of the ground with just the PJ's, well with my confidence building I thought sod it and said to myself "I wonder if I could jump the fence into the neighbours garden"

Now try and picture, the fence is roughly 3 - 4 ft high in places, and she has all grass in the back garden.  My slabbed peice of garden just narrowly crosses into the 3-4 ft section, so I get bouncing and it takes me a good 10 minutes to really get the courage up and adrenaline going to a significant point where I think LETS GO!!!!

So, it seems like slow motion as I approach the fence (slightly jogging) and I initiate the bounce with one foot onto the two foot jump to get the height.  I go soaring in to the air about 4 ft but I forget to bring my legs up to clear the fence, got about half way over and my PJ's clip the fence and I do the most spectacular face plant on to the grassy area next door.  :censored:
I was ok, never hurt myself except my pride and I shook it off thinking no-one had seen me....... WRONG!!  :banghead:

The neighbour was at the window (she must have had visitors over) with about 10 other people wetting themselves laughing at my failed attempt....  ME = Humiliated

Moral of the story - DON'T jump a fence if you dont have significant evidence that your neighbour isn't home!! 
Safety Advisor on Stilts!!   Fear me....haha

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
Re: Fence Jumping
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
 :haha: :haha: Now that's funny! :biggrin: :biggrin: Glad you didn't hurt yourself!!

Offline Gaz

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »
That is the best post ive ever read :haha: :haha: :haha:  :thumbs:
glad you wernt hurt

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
 :haha:

What did she to you would you like to go through the house to get home
or
Hope you'll do getting down that concret not so soft on the face   ;D

Still you tried keep it up in not time your nose will be as flat as a pancake :biggrin:

No joking aside. Keep it up you'll be jumping over her car next  :o

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
:D as long as pads were involved then it's ok to be laughed at, and try it again...making sure the neighbour is happy about you jumping into the garden that is, all my old ones would shoot me then kick me hard if i did

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
:D as long as pads were involved then it's ok to be laughed at, and try it again...making sure the neighbour is happy about you jumping into the garden that is, all my old ones would shoot me then kick me hard if i did
I had one neighbour call the cops on me just for holding her fence. Coppers thoight she was talk about a lad not me ! LOL

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
I had one neighbour call the cops on me just for holding her fence. Coppers thoight she was talk about a lad not me ! LOL
O.o you can call the cops on someone for touching a fence? that's a new one

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
but surely a fence is partly yours anyway. so cant get done for touching your own fence.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »
Na, I think you own one fence..so depends which side. I know the fence to our left is not ours, well it fell down and they go it fixed...not sure about the one on the right..it must be ours I guess...

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »
fair dos. but then surely you cant paint the fence thats not yours then.

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
If the fence is your boundary, I think you're liable for the fence on the left side of your property from what I've heard.  Don't know for fact though.

Nicely face planted, but glad to hear you didn't injure yourself (except your pride)!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
I dunno really, kinda depends on your house, sometimes fences are shared and you own your own side of it. I dunno what the deal is with our fences..if we have fence issues we talk with our neighbors. Although, the house to the right is now rented so might be more of a problem considering its pretty much rotten away lol...

LOL cant believe I am talking so seriously about fences. Mine are like 6ft tall so couldnt jump them (altho used to climb them when I was little to steal cherries of the tree  :biggrin: )

:spudT:

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »
mine are like 6ft or more. i have a wall to the right though. good to jump off onto the trampoline!  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
but surely a fence is partly yours anyway. so cant get done for touching your own fence.
A fence is normanlly own by only one side that is normanlly the side with the post on.
She call them because she said I was looking at her ( 80 old bag  :-\ ).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:50:27 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 06:52:43 PM »
LOL cant believe I am talking so seriously about fences. Mine are like 6ft tall so couldnt jump them (altho used to climb them when I was little to steal cherries of the tree  :biggrin: )

Fences are a serious matter.  Especially if you're going to be tripping over them with your Pro-Jumps!  :D

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »

Fences are a serious matter.  Especially if you're going to be tripping over them with your Pro-Jumps!  :D
Garden gates can be dangerous if they have pionts on ! My one and only flip was when I triped and ended up flipping over it landing on my bum holding one of the pionts  LOL