Author Topic: Jumping Forward?  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Glasto_Bocker

Jumping Forward?
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:57:05 PM »
Hey/.

Just got back from a bock around the Cutty Sark area in Greenwich and I must say it's quite a paradise for bockers! Large amounts of smooth, flat space as well as railings and steps.

Got a few too many questions from the general public for my liking; but I think that's because I went alone. No other bockers to be seen! Just a couple of boarder's and skater's...

Anyhow, I've mastered 2 footed jumps and can jump over a metre into the air.
I'm wondering how to jump forward as at the moment my 2 footed jumps are just on the spot without any movement.

Obviously being able to move whilst jumping will enable me to jump onto/over things and can get my tricks off to a decent start!

Any tips?

-Also it would be fantastic if people would be up for meeting in Greenwich for a bock too, so I'm not the only one there!

Cheers,

Kirk

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Jumping Forward?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:47 PM »
1st off just tr leaning foreward as you bounce, at the waist. pushing your centre of gravity foreward should cause you to 'lurch' foreward.

As a '1 off' I was urging Jason ( mod here) to get a meet together in London in Oct ---put a bid in with him to have a de tour greenwich way. Or failing that join rest of us on his route. I for 1 love bocking around London and if I knew there were good meets Id be up every couple of months even 6 weeks  and I suspect others feel the same.

Just a case of finding those 2 other peeps, taking photos of your 'bock spots'  then choose a date post pix  show you have a 'critical mass' of bockers   un hey  good chance  'its party time' ;D

Well we can dream hehe

Offline TYRANT

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »
i have not got mine yet but a assume that if you jump and move your top half of the body forward and before your land you bring your legs forward into the stance that you would if you where jumping on the spot.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:46:09 PM »
oo tyrant  stop it  im now trying to do what i think you have written, whilst laying on the sofa  with kevin the cat on my lap and sipping bourbon

Offline Glasto_Bocker

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »
Cheers.

I tried it out a little last night- not sure if I'm doing it correctly though/..

-Made a brief video>

Any further tips? [The jumps aren't great, I know but they were much better the previous day at the Cutty Sark]

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 08:56:11 AM »
well from that vid i can say that it looks like you need to push into your heals and you should get some nice high

in ur profile it say's u are sometimes areound london, if you are we have our gym today and you are welcome to come and we will help you.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Don't stick your butt out, stay straight.

Offline Glasto_Bocker

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
Thanks for tips/..

Toddy: Yes, I am in and out of London- where are your gym meets?

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »
nice dreads man

Jackk