Author Topic: Pro Jumps for traveling  (Read 8720 times)

Offline day1988

Pro Jumps for traveling
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
Hi

Im curently researching buying some pro jumps for traveling.

I wanted to run some questions past an expierienced jumper.

1) How far is a stride;

Ive been told about 20ft

2) is it worth it?

Obviously i would use the pro jumps for tricks (would be dumb not too :P)

Would love some help

Thanks

Day :)

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Pro Jumps for traveling
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
1) How far is a stride;

Ive been told about 20ft

Haha, i wish!
Whoever told you that has obviously got there numbers wrong somewhere.

2) is it worth it?

Unless you are extremely fit you won't be able to run more than a couple hundred metres without being exhausted. I know several people who bought these as a means of transport to work, but gave up on that idea pretty soon and just used them to have fun on.

You have to take into account that these things weigh about 5kg each, thats a lot of weight to be pulling around.

I'm not trying to put you off getting some but if you want to use them as an effecient way to get to work and back you will be sadly dissapointed.

Where abouts are you from, there may be people or a group local to you who could let you have a go on some before you order your own?

Hope this helps
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline day1988

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »
Thanks i was planning on using for longer distance traveling :( i dont have alot of time for the whole tricks and clubs (clubs aint my thing as im  a bit of a hermit lmao)

Im in hinckley Leicestershire UK wouldnt mind tryin some out look PHAT not sure if ill get the use out of them if there no good for traveling.

My thinking was im a long distance runner and used to run with 15kg in a rucksack for 5 miles per day, so i have the potential :P) I thought it would be awsome to be able to flip while im going to town lmao

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »
Im in my third week on my bocks at the moment and Im managing aroudn 4 to 5 foot strides and ill most liekly get further with an improved technique.

Worth it? I had the choice to buy an Xbox 360 or PJs... I choose the get fit have fun OUTDOOR attention seeking awesome new sports springys }:]
Games last no more than a week and youve done it all, unless you want to replay it... PJs... Im MONTHS away from a simple flip...
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »
Now has you've been told most people find going a long distance is hard but if you train hard it can be done ?
They do weigh about 5Kg but once you start running they balance out.
Saying that their not the best way to go any distance but fun.
You say your a hermit then sorry bocking not for you  :o
Doesn't matter where you go someone will be watching you and people are always coming up to you to chat  ;D

There are groups that meet up from time to time but I don't think their really clubs if you want to a TIGGER ( bocking alone ) then has there's not that many then you can but watch the forums for meets you'd love them and you'll find where all very friendly people :)

Offline day1988

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
Hmmmm i may still get some, the groups sound good tbh I aint a hermit just dont go out much

Think a hoby like bocking would be good :P:P

actuly probably will get some and train to run on them :P

I see it how often can you do a flip while running in you nikes lmao

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »
...I do a flip in my Nikes pretty much every time I go outside. :P

...aaanyway. Just because we're all lazy and unfit doesn't mean that you couldn't run long distances in them. ...It seems very unlikey to me, but I'd be very glad to be proven wrong! Do a fun run in them and show us all what can be done. ;)

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline day1988

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 01:36:30 PM »
I am very serius about this traveling on the stilts now. Ive ordered a pair and they have been dispatched so just waiting for them to arrive!!!!

I did a walk to the nearest super market to me and it took 1hour each way (a 2 hour full trip)

Lets see if i can get the 25-30mph out of them.

Dont know if anyone has seen jumpstyle (a new harcore dancing)

I can see the potential with the jumps too :P

Will keep posted

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
Lets see if i can get the 25-30mph out of them.

I'd start by learning to walk  :D
Will take quite a bit of practise to get upto those speeds and i'd be amazed if you could keep the speed up for any sort of distance.

Good luck though, keep us updated with your progress

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »
hmm... yeah, the claims on the box are somewhat exaggerated! :P lol.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline day1988

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »

Ordered them on friday and still not here on mon :(:(

Tomorrow should be the day ;)They maybe exagerated for a novice however ive been through olympic training for biking.

I know techneques for pushing past physical expectations, Im confident it can be done (maybe not like 6 miles at 25mph but i can run 6 min miles on foot and do about 8 of them.

Back to training and learn to walk on new legs.

Want them NOW!!!! ordered on
hmm... yeah, the claims on the box are somewhat exaggerated! :P lol.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »
Tomorrow should be the day ;)They maybe exagerated for a novice however ive been through olympic training for biking.

If you think thats going to make bocking easy, then your sadley mistaken

Offline day1988

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »
No i never meant for it to sound like itwould make it easy in anyway. Said it to emphasise the post were people said with alot of training.

I know how to train and intend to train like mad :P

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »
I hope you have wrist guards & kneepads, you will need them  ;D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
Think you would do better on a unicycle  ;D

It isnt impossible if you are a trier but I would pick my feet over bocks for travel, however microscooters work pretty good because they fold up small and you can carry them

I dont get callled scooter girl for nothing lol, then I hurt my ankle. I hurt it again this week. I could hear it crunch pull as it happened yukky!

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 10:55:11 PM »
even hittin 25/30 mph is hard let alone sustaining it

i can do like 20 for bout 100/150 meters ish

if u say ur gunna train loads, u will ache for days, well atleast at first lol
 :)
Jack

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 06:43:37 AM »
Think you would do better on a unicycle  ;D

It isnt impossible if you are a trier but I would pick my feet over bocks for travel, however microscooters work pretty good because they fold up small and you can carry them

I dont get callled scooter girl for nothing lol, then I hurt my ankle. I hurt it again this week. I could hear it crunch pull as it happened yukky!
I've got a adult size scooter does that make me a scooter boy  ;D

Offline day1988

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:24:01 PM »
ouch sounds panful

Im realy anoyed atm not had a good experience gettin them :(

I missed delivery ecause i wa at work and ow some woman is sayin i gottat wait to pick them up :(:(