Author Topic: Weight issues!  (Read 6078 times)

aranswickedstepmum

Weight issues!
« on: August 18, 2006, 08:09:48 PM »
Hi
My stepson has just about persuaded me to get him some of these.

However, there are a couple (ok more than a couple) of issues that I need to clarify before I part with my hard earned cash. Can I just say that I have 4 kids so honest answers and a happy experience is likely to yield 4 times more business than 1 quick sale!

Ok. He currently weighs about 9 stone. However, he's 13 and hasn't started puberty yet. We can expect that he will put on a good deal of weight and a good deal of height in the next year or so. He's not particularly fit (so these are a good way of encouraging him to exercise ) but not particularly agile either. He's also accident prone.

Do these require a natural ability or an athletic tendency.

If we get the children's ones are they adaptable as he grows?
If we get the adult 9 stone ones, will they still work as he gets bigger, will they work whilst he is under weight or will he just get frustrated as he can't get them to bounce and then get bored. Are they then going to be adaptable when he weighs 11 stone in 2 years time. This kind of money demands at least two years extensive and proper use.

Where near Norwich is there a safe place for him to learn and practice.
Will they work on grass or does it have to be a hard surface.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 08:54:25 PM by aranswickedstepmum »

Offline Tobster.rm

Re: Weight issues!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:37 PM »
Hi there. Unfortunately I can only give you advice from my limited experience.

Pro Jumps/Powerisers are great fun and excellent exercise. Yes they do take some time to get used to as the technique is slightly different to normal walking. It does require balance and if this doesn't come naturally, learning to walk on them will be long and arduous. However, once this is mastered there's no stopping you.

Avoid the grass where possible, I have found even on dry grass I have felt the rubber pads slip. I feel safer on a hard surface but knee, wrist and elbow protectors are a definite must. (A helmet wouldn't go amiss either).

I have picked up the technique really quickly and my power along with my weight (13stone) will now mean I will buy a weight or two above what is recommended for me so that I can jump higher and allow them to last longer.

This is by no means official advice, I am only giving you my personal perspective so ultimately the decision lies with you.

Hope this is of some help to you..

Toby

Offline sam

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:16:01 PM »
Hi,
    Iam really interested in getting some pro-jumps as I have seached the internet and found these are obviously the BEST BUY, however I weigh around 10.2 stone / 64.8 kg.
    Therefore I was just wondering if anybody could kindly give me some advise on which model to go for , I was thinking it would be either the 11.09 stone/ 70kg MODEL. Or the 12.59 stone/ 80 kg MODEL?
    Im really not sure any help or advise would be gratefully recieved,

Thanks,
                    Sam
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 05:33:57 PM by sam »

Offline uknow

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »
Hi Pal,
Actually You need to go for the right size which is in your case 11.02 stones and is closer.
Unless you have an voracious appetite and beef up to 12 stone overnight lol ;D

I am sure you will have great fun as all we have!!
cheers!

Offline dave1234

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:05:45 PM »
hi there id just like to add to tobsters entry i have had mine for 2 weeks now i found it hard at the start but its like anything the more practise the better i met up with toopbster the other ight on them i saw what he was doing i fort there no way i could do that but scince going out with him and his friends ive grown more confident so it just goes to show you can improve also the weight i bought a pair that were one size bigger so i can still grow intot hem im currently 16:) and 9 stone so i want to be able to grow a bit more:)

all the best

dave

Offline l7ttledevil

• Would u like to stroke my tash?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 10:34:36 AM »
ur 9 stone ??? dude eat more pies lol.

I'm also 16 and i'm about 11 stone lol (could be i've eaten too many pies however hmmmmm lol)

Pity theres no sort of really local guys round my way cos i reckon meets would be cool :).

Ben

Offline Lukey

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
For the record, I'm 11st and I'm on 7090's and doing fine!

Offline chris54620

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »
im 6 stone but i really wont the adult im 16 but small for my age and when i go on mine(kids model) thay go down to the full what means i carnt get maximum hight and when i tryed to do a back flip on them i landed on my head (what was quite fun) because i could'nt get enught hight

can any one help me

Offline l7ttledevil

• Would u like to stroke my tash?
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 04:13:18 PM »
dude do u have a death wish? you know you wudn't get enough height yet u tried again? and i bet your technique was crap as you probably just saw the video of the guy doing it and thought "yeah i'll do that too"??

practise backflips on a trampoline then on ur feet first before trying powerisers whatever model!

Ben

Offline chris54620

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 04:16:23 PM »
dude i have had a trapoline for 4 years and i can do double back flips and 360 backflips ect. and yes i did see a movie and i did try a back flip so i have been practising . do u no if it it possible to do on the small model?
and when u got yours did it take a whilt to be able to jump to  full potential ;D

Offline arthur

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »
i am 7 stone and im 12
so what weight would u guys recommend me getting ?

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Lukey

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »
Can we have that in KG please?

7st > 44.45kg , plus growing space sooooo....I'd suggest the Junior model of 50Kg edition

There is an adult edition for 50kg but I think junior may be better in your case as they're a lot lighter and I'm going to guess a better height for your legs.

Anyone suggest otherwise?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:36:57 PM by Lukey »

Offline arthur

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »
thanks for your help

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Dusty12

• ..Boing...Boing...Boing..
    • Pet Rock Net
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »
I'm 13 and i'm 6 stone but I don't really want to buy the children's model. Also, i'm about 5ft so I don't think I would be able to buy the adult model. What do you think? ???

Yeah, I'm back

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »
Well, If you really dont want to buy the childs model buy the M60 and just use them for a long time or get someone heavier to break the spring in. As for you height, you can adjust the kneebar but I think that the top of the riser where the spring meetes the frame might dig into your leg, if that happens the only way I can really see to sort that is to put some padding where that is, or perform surgery on the to make the footplate higher by drilling in another piece of metal but I wouldnt really reccommend that.
Hope that helps, Luke

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »
People need to post their weight in kilo's not stones. The stilts are sold in kilo weight ranges........
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:12:42 AM by English-tailor »