Author Topic: Bocking is a Virus! (in a good way)  (Read 2797 times)

Offline adamessex

Bocking is a Virus! (in a good way)
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone think bocking is like a virus, once one person gets some more people you know do, I currently know 2 new people with bocks since i started one following soon and one with them on there christmas list.

Bocking, the bouncing virus, spreading faster than frogs in ponds?
falling is proof your trying

Dark Knight

Re: Bocking is a Virus! (in a good way)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:01:45 PM »
No  :(

I've been out every weekend for over a year and I only know of one other who has a pair but they don't bock much  :(

BUT ! There's someone now 20 miles away so maybe I just a carry with anti-bodies ( anti-BOCKERS ) ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:05:03 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline choco bean

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:44:17 PM »
I think it is a virus.  I know of 3 people who definatley want to get some, and another who should be getting some in october when he gets paid.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
Sure acts like a virus

1 You go down with a virus (I sure as hell go down with bocks  :haha:)
2 You can end up in Hospital with a virus (Well you all know that story  :biggrin:)
3 When you have a virus the only people near you have got it to everyone else avoids you unless they are mad too (Or is it just me that people cross
    the road to avoid when I'm on stilts :biggrin:)

On the other hand they could be a Drug

Because I can't get enough of them and I'm grumpy and get withdrawal symptons when I can't use them  :banana:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline adamessex

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:17:58 PM »
hmm a drug :PJR: maybe yeah i do suffer withdrawal
falling is proof your trying

Offline Glasto_Bocker

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »
I'm sure it's the case for you which is great!
But for me it's not that way unfortunately/..

-Plenty of people keen to ask about them and to find out what they are etc... but as far as I know I'm the only one in my area with them and I've been around fairly public spaces.

Hopefully it will change in the not too distant future though!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »
Sure acts like a virus

2 You can end up in Hospital with a virus (Well you all know that story  :biggrin:)
3 When you have a virus the only people near you have got it to everyone else avoids you unless they are mad too (Or is it just me that people cross

Because I can't get enough of them and I'm grumpy and get withdrawal symptons when I can't use them  :banana:

we do indeed. i get withdrawal's from bocking aswelll.
i agree with the virus idea though, i have been bocking since november and im pretty sure where i live has the highest ratio of bockers for a street ever.
Ive been lucky enough to have 7 people join the sport with 6 of them living within 200 meters of me .

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
Sure acts like a virus

we do indeed. i get withdrawal's from bocking aswelll.
i agree with the virus idea though, i have been bocking since november and im pretty sure where i live has the highest ratio of bockers for a street ever.
Ive been lucky enough to have 7 people join the sport with 6 of them living within 200 meters of me .
That's plain greedy  >:(      :biggrin:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
guess were good advertising for the sport :nana:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”