Author Topic: Springs, Knee Bars, Falls & 7's/.....  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Glasto_Bocker

Springs, Knee Bars, Falls & 7's/.....
« on: September 23, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
Hey/..

Got my left spring replaced from Pro-Jumps last week which was very welcome, although it does feel a bit strange as it's a fair bit stiffer than the right one.

As I was replacing it, I had to take the knee bar out and as I put the knee bar back in I must have not aligned it perfectly straight as I felt the bocks twisting to the left ever so slightly as that's the direction the knee bar was facing in relation to the rest of the frame. Just thought I'd share- in case anyone else is adjusting the knee bar for the first time. Make sure that once it's at the correct height, you make sure the semi-circle padded bit is facing perfectly in front.

Anyhow, I fell down for the first time since I've had them today! I'm so grateful of my wrist pads as I pretty much landed straight on my chest and only had my wrists briefly and partially in the way to break the fall to some extent. The actual fall was painless though, which I was really surprised about!

--Brings me on to 7's... I'm going to be upgrading but need to decide between the Raptors or the T-Rex's. I weigh 65KG [10St] and currently have the PJ M80 springs. I'm thinking Raptors as I want to get more confidence with starting to attempt flips and such things before moving up. I say that because at the moment I can jump pretty much as high as I can on the PJ's but need something a little 'softer'/'bouncier' to give me that confidence of trying better things. I think T-Rex's would be quite stiff initially [until my technique develops obviously], which would hold me back in terms of my confidence.

Open to suggestions if people think overwise/.....!

Cheers,

Kirk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:47:40 PM by Glasto_Bocker »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Springs, Knee Bars, Falls & 7's/.....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
Rex's :)

Offline XS

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
if you're using PJ M80's T's will be soft for you, so if you're looking for something soft go for them, not raptors, if you want even more power, go up to s-rex

Offline masterking09

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »
go with t-rexs.  tye would be perfect for u at ur weight.  they would be soft enough to be confident, and ull be able to get good height without bototming out.