Author Topic: For one night only.......  (Read 4916 times)

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
For one night only.......
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
Someone at work told me that they saw some Bockers on tv on Saturday, after some research I found out it was on "For one night only" on ITV.  Check out the link, it's just after the opening credits.

http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=28503

Anyone know who the guys are?
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
Re: For one night only.......
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »
yeah i heard it was team 101. me and chris watched it and was a bit dissapointed really.

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
No flips!!!
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
That was s**te. They looked like newbies. Probably some itv producers fancied having a go lol.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
They had a different routine with flips etc but when they went to do it the stage the floor was far too slippy and they couldn't do much on it so they had to change what they had planned sadly.

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
Someone at work told me that they saw some Bockers on tv on Saturday, after some research I found out it was on "For one night only" on ITV.  Check out the link, it's just after the opening credits.

http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=28503

Anyone know who the guys are?
Doesn't let me watch it has it's only for people in the UK  >:(
I'll contact them and conplain about their  :censored: map reading skills  >:(

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »
AOL FOR THE LOSE!

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »
The floor was far too slippy and they couldn't do much on it

That sucks. :(
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 12:24:15 AM »
not to mention making themselves look stupid on the website that sponsors them.

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
Haha, love the comments. This is actually Ian from Team 101, just wanted to get across the actual situation.

We rehearsed a pretty good routine in another studio elsewhere and the whole thing looked awesome. We then came to the stage on the day and the surface was too slippy. We mentioned slippery surfaces in our risk assessment so this had to be taken into consideration and all flips were removed from the performance.

And it was still pretty dodgey just bouncing around on that surface which is why it might not have looked that good and plus we had about 3 hours to change our entire routine from what we had planned until the live shooting that night!

I didn't like watching it back, I thought I looked like an idiot, especially in pink, but they way I look at it is that everyone on the forums etc know what we are capable of and people who don't hopefully think that bouncing up and down is pretty impressive too!

We have a few more TV apperances coming up that will hopefully be a lot better than this one!

But at least I can say I was on For One Night Only! haha