Author Topic: HELP required! Broken bock.  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Intaru

• www.myspace.com/_djpenguindude_
HELP required! Broken bock.
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:17:29 AM »
Hi there guys,
Sorry for the urgency just I wanted them in time for christmas for a school talent show thing  :-[

Basically as I was coming in my house the other day after bocking around for abit I took one step up my doorstep and my bock randomally made a horrible noise. As I came in to the light I looked at my right bock and basically realised that the bottom spring had randomally come out of its bolt, which I dont know why because it was tight. But as it did that the metal looks randomally dented , so that if i tried to pull the bock up and put it back in there it wouldnt actually fit, not sure if thats the case though.
One other problem is that now the spring has come lower then the footplate (so it obviously isnt in place to bolt back in) It wont actually move back to the right position, it wont fit back into its metal casing. Pictures to show you what I mean are below.
I couldnt find the bolt and am now not sure what to do next, can I claim this on the warranty, i bought them off this site?
Or will i have to send them to get repaired?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:32:01 AM by Intaru »
With great power, Comes great oppotunities to abuse that power.

Offline Intaru

• www.myspace.com/_djpenguindude_
Re: HELP required! Broken bock.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

What the healthy bock looks like under main metal foot frame

What broken bock looks like under main metal foot frame

Broken bock spring now goes lower then the footplate rather then fitting into it

What healthy bock looks like on footplate

What broken bock looks like on footplate

Possible metal indent on broken bock stopping spring from fitting back in

With great power, Comes great oppotunities to abuse that power.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:41:29 AM »
Get some pics up it makes it easier to help

If it is the big bolt that runs through the hoof and the spring bracket take the other one out and go to a good hardwear store (if that is all that is missing )

I can't see how you could do much damage to them just walking but if you were jumping without the bolt in you might have bent the hoof or the spring bracket

The good news is the hoof is only £15 and the bracket is very cheep (not sure exactly how much)

As for the warranty if the bolt had sheared and you had both bits you might get somewhere but if it just came undone I don't think you will because the manual does say check all nuts regularly (that means every time out even though most of us don't)

Ok just seen the pics and I would get a new bolt and replace it (make sure it's the same grade and size as the one from the other hoof) and a new locknut  or have a look for the old one it can't be too far away you would have noticed it

The damage to the hoof dosen't look to bad but the pic is very blured but if it looks the same as the other one and not to badly bent you should be ok

Hope this helps

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
have u tryed taking the hoof off (the bit that joins the fraim to the hoof) i know it seams imposible to put back in the right place but my pro jumps were allways a bit stiff then i took the apart just give them a yank and try and take the bearings out then try and put it back into place and u have your t plates still in wich makes it harder to pull the spring bk into place

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
uurr. i cant see nethin wrong with it, maybe im just lookin in the wrong place, it looks like it should just push back into place, and i dont see any dent at all... can u get a pic further out, perhaps its a little unfocused