Author Topic: Outdoors show?  (Read 11859 times)

Offline choco bean

Outdoors show?
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
I was just wondering whether Pro-Jump would ever be at the outdoors show in birmingham?  It would help give the sport some more publicity, and show people what it's about.

Or if the scouts section which is usually there every year, would invite some bocking scouts up?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Dark Knight

Re: Outdoors show?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:54 PM »
If you can find a nice place where we could bock you could try to set a meet up their bockers in the area ?

Offline choco bean

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
DK i mean them actually being a stand at the Outdoors show, and taking a few of us along with them to show what beginners to experts can do.  And like having a small space where people can try them out.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
its a good idea i say

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline choco bean

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »
its good, yes.  Only problem is would pro-jump want to do it.  Plus how the heck do you contact them to say you would want to be an exibitor?  I'm no good with technology...  :-[

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
I am sure Naz will let you know her thoughts.

Having done lots of exhibitions the main obstacle will be cost. The cost of space at exhibitions is huge. Also if you want to have a positive presence you need to have equipment to put into the space. And finally if you want to offer people the chance to get on bocks then you have to have good liability insurance.

All this adds up. The issue then becomes is it worth it to attend to increase your brand profile and what additional sales do you think you can get to help cover your costs.

Very few exhibitors make money at shows.

Grow old disgracefully

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »

i hear what your saying about floor space though thats the killer at a show like this, you COULD however, have people giving a demo elsewhere at the event, with hall and stand numbers on their shirts promoting the stand.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline CJ

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:06:13 AM »
have been to the furniture show at the NEC 2day (dnt ask mommy dragged me) and it would of been awesome to have my bocks large isles to walk around and massive lobby areas i think would be perfect for a demo.

as with the scouts they seem quite keen on bocks atm wouldnt surprise me if they had a couple of ppl there on them

:PJ1:

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:58:01 PM »
aye if this got underway I would help out

though it does depend alot on the cost because the outdoors show is massive but the idea of us walking around the show showing shirts promoting the stand is a good idea