Author Topic: First timers rules...  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
First timers rules...
« on: November 18, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »
As some of you know the welshies have started running regular puplic sessions where members of the public can come along and do some bocking, either as a taster session or if they are able to walk and jump on their own then they can work on their skills.

I want to put up a list of rules and thought I'd ask the wider community for anything I might have missed. I've got the basic stuff covered such as always listen to the instructors, always check your pads and straps and to look out for any small obstacles that might trip you up.
Basically I'm just after anything that might be important but might have been missed.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Re: First timers rules...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
dont get to colse to other ppl

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »
It will be easier once you have put the proper thing up. You could do it and if we think you missed anything post it here?

Edit: You could make sure the new people are fit to be on bocks. No injuries or problems that could be made worse by being on them or falling. Maybe thinking if bad knee's/backs.

Thats all I could think of.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:23:28 PM by Spud »

Offline Obi-Wan Kenobi

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
Firstly if you dont charge and I assume that you don't as your insurnce wouldn't cover you for that you should ask yourself why they want ago . It is nice to offer anyone a try but if they just want a go bacause you offer it then isn't that a waste of your time .
I don't understand something else, if it is a go for "First timers" you really mean a taster session to see if they can stand, walk and jump and then try unaided.

Without your check list it is hard to see what you have missed off but for what you have put you have missed one very important thing, that fittness of the person.
If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »
Firstly if you dont charge and I assume that you don't as your insurnce wouldn't cover you for that you should ask yourself why they want ago . It is nice to offer anyone a try but if they just want a go bacause you offer it then isn't that a waste of your time .
Perhaps this image helps explain why Matt is asking for ideas, and why the people would want a go (and are paying to have a go):

I don't understand something else, if it is a go for "First timers" you really mean a taster session to see if they can stand, walk and jump and then try unaided
So you do understand? ???
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:46:28 PM by sprog »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
Why does everything on here turn into something completely irrelevant and useless?

Yes, we are charging for both of the session types we're doing. Our insurance is not effected but obviously obi wan you already know everything there is about everything in the universe.

Neither are designed as taster sessions but simply a place for people who dont have stilts to come and bock. For most, its their first time but hopefully they will come back.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »
Why does everything on here turn into something completely irrelevant and useless?

Slow down there Locky

A lot of stuff on here is usefull and to the point
Obi-Wan Kenobi is a new member and probably has a poor understanding of Bocking in general so try correcting like Sprog did him instead of saying the site is useless

I think the list is a very good idea and the sessions you are going to do can only help the bocking world and are just what we need but negativity to newcomers can only hurt the bocking world (even if they are wrong  :biggrin:)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »
sorry boss. he didnt even say hello!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
sorry boss. he didnt even say hello!

Not "Boss" Locky you'll have Naz after me "Buddy" will do  :haha:

Hope the sessions go well mate they sound like so much fun I would love to come to one but Wales is so far away  :biggrin: think I might have to move closer when I retire (long way off unless I win the pools  :biggrin:)

And looking forward to CB next year (whether its Capital or Cardiff ) maybe you could have CB one year and CCB the next  :banana:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
Insurance will cover anyone for "club members". payment to bock can be called anything if it supports club funds.

The only thing I would add is that you have some form of progression check list for your coaches and that you might need coach liability insurance seperate from Club liability but I am sure you have covered that with your own insurer.

Only other thing would be to ensure seperation in case of falls, ie allow people to exit an area before begining your run up.

Also as suggested earlier in the post ask for people to confirm thier medical status and releveant old injuries etc.
Grow old disgracefully