Author Topic: Scout-only events  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
Scout-only events
« on: November 20, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »
Ive had several people jokingly (but seriously) complaining about Scout-only bocking events.

The Scout Association have seen bocking as something new and modern, to show that the Association is up-to-date, and not stuck in the past (long socks and knots!) as many people still think it is!

As part of this they have been using any Scouts with Powerbocks as often as they can, often in the media, to portray this. They also know that when they ask me to provide something it will happen, and as such keep asking me back to do further events.

Now I could just take the Essex Scouts, all my friends, and not post it on here at all. Then everyone would see it on TV and wonder why I hadnt told you all about it. But to me, limiting it to just the people in Essex isnt fair on all the Scouts across the rest of the UK, who are also entitled to take part!

I have also had several people wanting to take part who arent in Scouting. One reason against this is that the Scouting Insurance wouldnt cover you. But the other is, how can you advertise a movement you are not part of?

The Scouts offer these opportunities to its members, and its members only. Everyone is entitled to join Scouting, and give up their time and effort for the benefit of the young people that are in the movement.

The people that come to the 'Scout Only' events are all people that value Scouting enough in their lives to let people know that they are part of it, and as such make great representatives for the organisation. If they were stopped at one of these events they could all tell you about the 100s of things they have done in Scouting and what a difference it had made for their lives.

Im sorry that some of you feel upset, and possibly even excluded from these events, I dont like excluing people from anything (as any of you who have visited an EPB meet well know)

Hope that clears things up, if not please let me know and I will try to explain it better to you!

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

Re: Scout-only events
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
Nicly Said

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
i for one becky wouldnt blame you if you didnt mention anymore scout events on the forums anymore if people are going to compain about not being able to go because there not a scout.

!HINT! if u want to go to theses SCOUT ONLY events then become a scout simple as and stop moaning about it

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »
I think it is fair. Some of the events that go on are pretty cool. I think people are jealous  :D

random...do guides count? I was a guide and I was thinking of going back as a young leader maybe. If I can face it..I was such a pain lol...

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Totaly understand Becky

The Hanworth Banned are thinking of having a Boys only event  :haha:(only joking girls no death threats please  :biggrin:)

The position you are in with the scouts means that you have to be sure of the adults that are around so non scouts not being allowed is a sensible precaution

But I still enjoy reading about the meets and how they go so keep posting  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »
SCOUTS SUCK!
I personally think it's utterly ridiculous that only scouts get to go to these meets, it's unfair on all other bockers!
Why won't scouting insurance cover us, how come scouts get special treatment?
Why should meets be exclusive to whether you are a member of a group?
Why do you have to be such a s***, Becky?

These are just some of the things you will hear from people who have a problem with it being a scouts only meet :D

Offline Wontolla

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

The same reason Norwich Union won't pay out if you crash your car - unless you have an insurance policy with them!

Scouts is a members club. Join the club and you gat the insurance. Next you'll be moaning that you can't get onto Uni functions because you don't go to Uni
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:53:38 PM by Wontolla »

Offline lynch

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »

plus being in scouting we do have o pay out insuance our selves its not payed for us
and dont go dissing becky coz she the one who steped up the plate and sort it out coz if it was some one eles you would be haveng a go at them then
if you dont like it join scouts and grow up

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 04:15:26 PM »
Next you'll be moaning that you can't get onto Uni functions because you don't go to Uni
I do go to uni ???

These are just some of the things you will hear from people who have a problem with it being a scouts only meet :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:17:02 PM by sprog »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
I think you missed sprogs point. He was taking the mic out of people that do..no need to go on the offensive at him. becky's post explains it very clearly and the majority of people agree with her. Whats not to agree with... and the meets are for scouts and are usually held at scouting events. its silly people moan. as I previously said..they jelious lol hehe. I know I am  :biggrin:

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
I think you missed sprogs point. He was taking the mic out of people that do..no need to go on the offensive at him.
Thanks Spud :)
Clearly people don't read the entire posts.

And I'll diss Becky as much as I like, she's used to it ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 06:10:33 PM »
Becky is hot.