Author Topic: A clanky spring  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
A clanky spring
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:05 PM »
Heya, Its not really a problem but I think it may eventually turn into one.

I was giving my bocks a new spring cover and as I was tightening the screws I noticed that when I let my bock just bounce a little as I put it down the spring sounds like it clanks. Now I dont think it is the screws but I cant see anything it can clank against cause it all seems pretty secure. If anybody knows and solutions or recommends anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stewart
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:48:14 AM by Stewart »

Dark Knight

Re: A clanky spring
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:54:28 AM »
Firstly are you sure you haven't over tightened the screws and cracked the spring ?
Have you left anything off, like any spacers ?

If all looks fine and it still makes a noise one solution would be to take it apart slowly and check for cracks or missing parts !?

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »
thanks ill have a look.

I can't of over tightened it as this is the first time I have tightened the screws up but ill check just incase

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:42:46 AM »
More than likely you've lost a spacer (the notorious T-piece), or the plastic rollers that cover the bushings have worn down. Check the bolts to make sure you haven't accidentally loosened any, and also checked the frame incase you got a dogey machined pair with incorrectly shaped holes (hasn't happened in a long time but there's always the chance).
If it's clanking I doubt it would be the spring (it would be much more grindy and bouncing would feel odd), grab hold of your frame and wobble it around and try to determine where the movement is coming from and then take a look at that point.