Author Topic: Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition - Win Jackets, Cuffs, Bindings...  (Read 41163 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition - Win Jackets, Cuffs, Bindings...
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »
Naz would love the extended dead line. You did say you can enter more than once ?
Anyone already entered will have time to enter something else so that's fair   :Msmile:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »
us disabled bockers will just sit at home and look at there stilts  :Ccry:

nazz weres my funky apple!!! :Ccry: :Ccry: :Ccry: :Ccry:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »
This comp will now finish on Sunday 1st Feb 09 so just over a week to go now

thanks to the majority of people who entered saying they don't mind extending it :thumbs:

Good Luck All  :Csmile:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 09:02:58 PM »
Raaaarrrr! >=[

I'm having real difficulty learning the trick I want to do for the competition.
I blame the rain and wet grass... though really it's just cos I suck at it.

I vote for a Summer competition next year. ^_^ lol. Good luck everyone. =)

UPDATE: 26/01/09 I was much, much closer today. ^_^ However, cosidering how very, very, very catastrophicallly bad I was yesterday, I'm still nowhere near landing it. But I do think it's possible now. Yay! ^_^

UPDATE: 28/01/09 I was much closer again! But I still need way more height if I want to land on feet... which I do. I'm certain I'll get it... but probably not in time for this year's competition. =( Maybe for the next one. ^_^ But fingers crossed! =)

UPDATE: 29/01/09 I could have landed it today! WOOOO! ...But I didn't. Boooo. But I'm so close. And I have an agonising pain in my back to show for it. w00t! *rolls eyes*

UPDATE: 30/01/09 ...this is getting silly. No-ones reading it, why do I write it?... anyway, my feet hit the ground before my face today! ^_^ w00t!!! Not soon enough for me to actually stay up on them (hense the face smashing part) but that's a huge improvement. ^_^ Only one day left though =/ hope it's enough. Unless maybe I could win with a bails video. I have a bunch of them!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:00:23 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »
anybody have any idea when the winners will be announced?? :Cwink:
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
im thinking sunday not saturday night

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »
i know it will be sunday lol...i was just wandering if the winners will be announced like an hour after midnight or will it be later on sunday :Claugh:
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:33 AM »
Well theres still just under 24 hours to enter

Winner will be announced during the week at some point I'll try do it Monday / Tuesday if pos

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 01:48:59 AM »
Well, I didn't exactly get the footage I want. But I have footage. And I hope everyone will like it. ^_^Glad to know we still have 24 hours. I was getting worried it would have to be in by mid-day or something and I'd have to stay up all night editing.

Hope you all like it. ^_^ Will be my first ever bocking vid. Milestone! ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Dark Knight

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 01:54:21 AM »
Your very lucky that Naz extended the closing date then.  :Ceek:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »
so has the comp ended now ??

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »
Judging by what she said last night (rather, early this morning)...

Well theres still just under 24 hours to enter

...I'd say it closes tonight at midnight.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:15:19 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Dark Knight

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
so has the comp ended now ??
Naz extended it untill midnight tonight.
If you've entered already you could enter something else :thumbs:

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 11:58:40 PM »
w00t - I'm done! ^_^ Now to figure out how to upload it. lol.

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
I think you better figure out pritty quick :Cwink:

just under an hour to go people :Cbiggrin:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »
w00t - I'm done! ^_^ Now to figure out how to upload it. lol.

You tube it then add the link that will be the quickest way :thumbs:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »
AND THE WINNER IS ....... ME  :Cbiggrin: :Cwink:

ok it isnt i no shock horror :P  :Ceek: :Cerr: :Ceek: :Cerr:  :Cwideeyed: :Cswoon:

im as suprised as u are  :Claugh: :Cchatterbox:

ok im gonna faint now im really ill bibi world XD

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 03:07:43 AM »
I think you better figure out pritty quick :Cwink:

I never did! lol. I experienced real problems getting it on youtube.
Problems with file type and size. So a friend put it on his server. =)

EDIT:

I finally got it on YouTube for anyone who doesn't like using the other link. Enjoy!
Though I think it fits the screen better on the other link. I say "I got it." Actually
the same friend did it. It involved much file conversion and I.T. trickery. ^_^ 
Enjoy! ^_^

Over 3 days I had 69 attempts. I got very close on a few... but not close enough! ^_^
haha. The revised concept for the vid (after failing to land it in time) was to make you
laugh. It was supposed to feel like it was building up to something epic! ...Then crash
and burn in spectacular fashion. Lol. ^_^ Certain shots were also designed to show of
my bock modifications. ^_^ I'm really pleased with the filming and editing so I hope you
liked watching and it made you laugh! ^_^
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:53:38 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Dark Knight

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:33 AM »
I think the other posts link doesn't work but seeing has you must have been the last to enter and this one works I don't think Naz would be mean to you because of a posting error ?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »
The other link worked perfectly fine for me. So dont worry brendan  :Csmile:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
Awesome parkour ninja but I guess you know that already.

Great vid, he gets my vote!

Dark Knight

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
The other link worked perfectly fine for me. So dont worry brendan  :Csmile:
Stupid AOL works now  :Crealmad:

• Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »
Glad to know the link works. Thanks Spud.

Awesome parkour ninja but I guess you know that already.
Great vid, he gets my vote!

Thanks Locky dude. ^_^

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »
so hu won ?

:Cchatterbox: :Ceek: :Cerr: :Cwideeyed: :Cswoon:

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
Patience my child!

Winner will be announced during the week at some point I'll try do it Monday / Tuesday if pos