Author Topic: Do I need calf straps? and calf cuff height  (Read 9084 times)

Offline howlingbaboon

Do I need calf straps? and calf cuff height
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
Hello,

Just got my PJs and upgraded them with the calf cuffs. A couple of quick questions.

1. I didn't get any calf straps (like the ones in the manual) in my box. Are these important?
2. Should the calf cuffs be at the same height as the bars? i.e. just below the knee.
3. Should the bars on the cuffs be at the same height or is there any reason why they should be offset?

4. Can someone please make it stop raining so I get can get out and use em?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Do I need calf straps? and calf cuff height
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
Hey, Welcome to the forum  :thumbs:

Where abouts do you live? There may be a local group for you :)

Projump dont supply the webbing any more (I think thats what you are talking about) and if you have calf cuffs you don't need it anyway. It is used to make the Knee bar more secure. But if you really want it you can find it at one of them places that sell knitting needles LOL  :biggrin: but, you have a use for it  :thumbs:

I am not sure about where the calf cuff should be. I think it is the same as with the knee bar. Try it until they feel comfortable, somebody with them should be able to help you more than me.

Its not raining where I am  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm now off for a bock  :nana:

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
I am not sure about where the calf cuff should be. I think it is the same as with the knee bar. Try it until they feel comfortable, somebody with them should be able to help you more than me.
Nope Spud, it needs to be a little lower than that, more around the calf (hence why they're calf cuffs). However, where it is below that is entirely up to the user and how comfortable they find it :)

3. Should the bars on the cuffs be at the same height or is there any reason why they should be offset?
They should definately be at the same height, it'll be unstable if they are at different levels.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »
I find the easy way to set the Cuffs at the right height is to put the bocks on while sitting and bend your knees as if you are doing a spring grab the cuffs should fit nicely in the bit behind your knee without cutting into it
That is about the highest they should go but some people wear them lower

Jason  :Hoofies2: