Author Topic: Loose nuts? - Matts hot tip!  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Loose nuts? - Matts hot tip!
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:39 PM »
Are your nuts out of control?
Are sick of having to check your screws are not loose?
Do you sometimes forget to check?

Well fear not my fellow projumpers - £1.30 will fix your problems in an instant.

Ok, I'm talking about the ankle strap. The screw which attaches the strap to the PJ's always works its way loose on mine and I have to check it everytime I go on my projumps. Maybe yours is the same, maybe not but it happens on both of mine and jono already lost one of his.

SOLUTION:
Go to B&Q, they have a whole ailse of nails and screws. Find the nuts and bolts section (it seemed to be labelled "roof bolts" at my store. You're looking for a small bag about 5" tall and about 2" wide with a green label and its called a NYLON LOCKING NUT. The bag will have 2 measurements on it and you need the ones that say 0.8mm and then 5mm - see the pic below to see what I mean.
£1.30 will get you a pack of 4. Dont replace the screw itself on the projumps, but just take off the existing screw and put on the new ones. It's a perfect fit.

I'll let you figure out why it's called a locking nut  8)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 05:34:34 PM by Matt »

Offline dragon

Re: Loose nuts? - Matts hot tip!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »
i droped my nuts weeks ago its a good tip matt i used nylocks to

well done for bringing this to the forum :)
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:55:48 AM »
(im only replying to this to make a stupid childish joke and here it is)

(*ahem*) i never have problems with my nuts their nice and tight and i have never oiled them with lube or WD 40 although i should regulary grease up the moving parts or so im told.....ok im finished
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:07:14 PM »
this thread made me lol :P..

good one.. the projumps originally come with Lock nuts.. but as soon us you undo them they stop becomeing locked.. so its always good to replace them with new Nuts ;)

K.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer