Author Topic: Pads & Bags!  (Read 8504 times)

Offline JumpinJim

Pads & Bags!
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »
Hi Guys,

Been trolling the net trying to find some decent pads, after the ones I ordered from Appollo 11 didn't turn up. (Wouldn't suggest using them, they didn't know their ass form their elbow) could anyone suggest some where in the UK to get decent pads from? Got about £30 to spend on the whole set.

I wanted these ones really... http://www.apollo11shop.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=1903

Also I'm trying to find a carry bag an can't find anywhere in the UK that stocks them. Can any one help?

Cheers

Dark Knight

Re: Pads & Bags!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
I'd say the one's from here work well  :thumbs:

Click the PRO-JUMP STORE logo at the top of the page  ;)

I like the way they fit in the in bars.
http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/pp/ProJump-Safety-Protection-Gear/Knee-Elbow-Set-A.html

These pads let you move your hand and finger but can save your wrists !
http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/pp/ProJump-Safety-Protection-Gear/Wrist-Support-Pads.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:45:16 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
Heya

Right you can get Pit Dirt ones of the Pro-jump shop which most people buy, otherwise go to a skate shop because they normally have wristguards and knee pads in stock, if not they can order some in for you.
as for the carry bag, i looked into buying one then didnt, before you jump in and buy one how often do u think you would use it and when and if you really need it,  they stock them on the 7 league website which is http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/SEVENS_STORE/index.php?cat=Accessories&ActinicSID=3214e5c129290903a65bdd8d7bb3be6a
on poweriser pages Kiola http://pp/forum/wanted_poweriser_deluxe_bag-t5721.0.html;msg95612;topicseen#new (thats the link to the thread about it) is looking at buying this bag as he travels alot and they wheels will help http://www.skatehut.co.uk/acatalog/Poweriser_Bag.htm thats the link and they ship to the UK but thats more expensive.

hope that helped

Love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »
@ DK - I did look on there but there's none in stock.

@ Mini E - Top Girl! That bag on the Choose Sevens site is excatly what im looking for. The other one is a bit pricey! I spoke to the guy as well an he gave me some good advice! I do travel alot an didn't really want to just sling them in the back of the car incase they get damaged! Also think I'm gonna get a pair of those calf cuffs. Do you know if Jasons totorial on here would work for the ones on the Choose Seven site? I asume they would?

Cheers

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:12:43 PM »
@ DK - I did look on there but there's none in stock.

@ Mini E - Top Girl! That bag on the Choose Sevens site is excatly what im looking for. The other one is a bit pricey! I spoke to the guy as well an he gave me some good advice! I do travel alot an didn't really want to just sling them in the back of the car incase they get damaged! Also think I'm gonna get a pair of those calf cuffs. Do you know if Jasons totorial on here would work for the ones on the Choose Seven site? I asume they would?

Cheers

no worries, yeah all the cuffs are the same for fitting and stuff if thats what you mean ?
and if you buy them and get stuck some one will beable to help you so dont worry =]

love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Hodge

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=patsk-soft

^Those are the kneepads I got for blading and will be using on my bocks, I bought them in Billys as well but thats just because I was there trying them on and figured bugger it, I'm sure you can get them cheaper elsewhere. They're really, really good. Because of the lycra main body they act like a knee support as well, and the kevlar pads rather than large plastic armour are much easier to live with.

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
I do travel alot an didn't really want to just sling them in the back of the car incase they get damage!
True a bag is handy for that but as long as then don't bash about they'd be fine.
If you go anywhere on a meet unless it close to your car or it's gym meet then then bags a burden has you can't carry it with you ?
Check our meets pictures you'll notice there are very few bags !?

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
I do travel alot an didn't really want to just sling them in the back of the car incase they get damage!
True a bag is handy for that but as long as then don't bash about they'd be fine.
If you go anywhere on a meet unless it close to your car or it's gym meet then then bags a burden has you can't carry it with you ?

I see your point DK. However, I have a bit of OCD so need everything to be tidy else I end up like charlie babbit! LOL.. I'think I'd just leave the bag in the car when we were on a meet.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

Dk if he wants a bag he can have a bag! no one stopped you getting a roof box!! and how often do you use that!!
and by the sounds of it JJ will drive to most meets so he can leave it in the car, or someone else will have somewhere he can leave it. and theirs nothing wrong with OCD =] at least then you know its all in one place!

Mini Ellis

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
DK if he wants a bag he can have a bag! no one stopped you getting a roof box!! and how often do you use that!!
I never said don't get one infact I'm thinking of getting one myself have seen one and has you pointed out everythings in one place.
Has for the roofbox at the moment it's has parts for three high jump posts sets wood for box and bag of nails.
The other day my mums shopping and the day before that 200 cross beams for high jump poles.
How often do I use it ..... all the time  :biggrin:
In the summer it's also the right high to store stuff when bocking like drinks and storage for jumpers ( Woolly jumpers LOL ).

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
I didn't mean to start an argument! LOL...

Look it's just me whan you meet me you'll understand. "Theres a place for everything an everything in its place"

I will be getting a bag an, An it probably will end up sitting in the boot of the car or in the corner of the room. But at least it'll be ther an i'll know what in it an where it is... LOL

JJ

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
I didn't mean to start an argument! LOL...

Look it's just me whan you meet me you'll understand. "Theres a place for everything an everything in its place"

I will be getting a bag an, An it probably will end up sitting in the boot of the car or in the corner of the room. But at least it'll be ther an i'll know what in it an where it is... LOL

JJ

lol my brother has OCD and its true everything has a place! and his cars have to be clean esp his citron Ax autograss car which just gets dirty again after the first race but hey!
i wish i was tidyer cos im really not and i normally cant find anything!

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »
Haha,

I know that one, my car used to be imaculate! Not driving at the moment tho as have a few many points on the licence! But my bike's very clean..;O)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »
Haha,

I know that one, my car used to be imaculate! Not driving at the moment tho as have a few many points on the licence! But my bike's very clean..;O)

oooh bike =] i think their might have to be a new group the biked bockers lol
i will get my moped when im at the racing skl. cos what she dont know wont hurt her ;)

Mini Ellis xxxxx

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »

Dk if he wants a bag he can have a bag! no one stopped you getting a roof box!! and how often do you use that!!
and by the sounds of it JJ will drive to most meets so he can leave it in the car, or someone else will have somewhere he can leave it. and theirs nothing wrong with OCD =] at least then you know its all in one place!

Mini Ellis

The Only Bag you need!!!! :p

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »
Yeah but you do come from wisbeach Chocl8  ;) LOL...

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »

Mini Ellis

The Only Bag you need!!!! :p

NOOOOOOOOo not the bin bag!!!!

yes i think its got summit to do with wisbeach ;) but he can get alot in that bin bag!!
its surprising lol

Mini Ellis xxxx

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 08:14:31 PM »

Oi! Lol, I live just outside actually  :P. But aye, You can get anything in the bag of everything! Though i think i need a new one, cos the last lincoln gym meet ripped it.... =[

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

Oi! Lol, I live just outside actually  :P. But aye, You can get anything in the bag of everything! Though i think i need a new one, cos the last lincoln gym meet ripped it.... =[

Can you get your micra in that bag? ?

Mini Ellis xxxx

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
I have got to agree with everyone this time  :haha: (and disagree with them too)

Like you Jim I had to have a bag ( a good one too ) so as none were available (all were a bit flimsey) so I made my own

And although it's nice to own one in case I ever need it I have only used it about 3 times

trouble is I tend to take 2-3 sets of bocks to most meets (to lend to people) so they all get chucked in the back of the car

Anyway heres a pic or the finished bag

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
I have got to agree with everyone this time  :haha: (and disagree with them too)

Like you Jim I had to have a bag ( a good one too ) so as none were available (all were a bit flimsey) so I made my own

And although it's nice to own one in case I ever need it I have only used it about 3 times

trouble is I tend to take 2-3 sets of bocks to most meets (to lend to people) so they all get chucked in the back of the car

Jas,

Your just your own little cottage industry aren't you! LOL... I couldn't be trusted with a sewing kit I'd probably end up in Hospital!

Think i'm just gonna get one of those bags Mini showed me from Seven.

Cheers tho!

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »

Mini Ellis xxxx

Yes. Yes I can.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »

Jas,

Your just your own little cottage industry aren't you! LOL... I couldn't be trusted with a sewing kit I'd probably end up in Hospital!

Think i'm just gonna get one of those bags Mini showed me from Seven.

Cheers tho!

the ones from 7s r pretty neat =] glad i could help =]

Mini Ellis xxxx

Yes. Yes I can.

i wanna see this!!!

Love

Mini Ellis xxxxxx

Offline MargaretAnderson

reply this topic
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
I have send you in pm

Offline Locky

• Elite Member