Author Topic: Jumping  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Callum

Jumping
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:54:14 PM »
Ok today i got out on my bocks just in the garden walking round and ive got a wall that about waist hieght and i was trying to jump holding on then i was in the middle of the garden treid as i thought if i go there then i have no excuse to hold on then i tried jump and i can jump about 5 times or so but i only get about 6inches or so but i cant get any higher i was wondering if any one could help by telling em how to get the hieght ill post a vid of me jumping tommorow so you can see where im goin g wrong

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
Re: Jumping
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!

This is the only way to get better at bocking and get better with your technique.....some people can pick it up very quickly but for some it might just take time.....posting a video is a gd idea as it will show you what youre doing wrong and let others give you advice on how to get better

;)
ricky
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
the main point that i found and and eveyone here will tell you is

jump on your heals, it does sound strange, but if you do it and you will get the hight

Offline Callum

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
ok ill try more tommorow ill wake up if the weathers ok and be out straight away

Offline Schoie

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »
Also keep your legs straight, don't bend at the knees. Just practice after a while something just clicks. Once you start getting a little bit of height I found that I started getting higher and higher pretty quick so just keep with it
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »
The key thing is that you do not jump as such

Keeping your legs straight and powering down through your heels makes your weight compress the springs. The energy release then takes you up

Common faults

1) Jumping up not powering down
2) bend knees which absorb both the downward and upward power

Hope this helps
Grow old disgracefully