Author Topic: free music, legally  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
free music, legally
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
whats up everyone, hope your all good.
ive lifted this from another forum:
this is class
https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/
that link is a glitch up in their system. users should only really be allowed to join for free if they're invited at the mo, as its still in beta stage. but that link works so, you know...get going.
for those of you who dont know what spotify is, like me 10 minutes ago, its kinda like widows media player, but you stream the audio, so far ive listened to a few songs and not had the audio drop out once, even on the full version of shine on you crazy diamond which is 12 minutes long, a very good app, would be wicked for a party, as you can play any requests instantly without having to download and add a bunch of rubbish music that you yourself would never touch.
heres what nme said about it

New Spotify online music service offers users unlimited music for free | News | NME.COM

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: free music, legally
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »
or you could just fill your playlists with stuff released under the creative commons, and other similar rules, there's some really talented people out there that no one knows about because they haven't sold their soul to some record company for a few squids

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
Or.....you could just download it illegally....... Not that i'd ever do that, or condone it =]

Offline lynch

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
i like it i think its kool

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:15:38 AM »
Spotify, FTW.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
Magzzie, FTL.

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:30:13 PM »
To be honest I think www.last.fm is better.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
Not quite the same as last fm or spotify but imo it's better than them all. Rache (gixer) told me about this and its great. Only downside is you can't pick which song you want to play unless you like put it in a playlist. You have to listen to the tracks you have added on shuffle. Which is fine by me. Better still you can upload your itunes library file and it will find them all, add them to your nutsie library and your playlists too. Great for playing music at college if I have the single set of speakers :D

:spudT: