Author Topic: had my first fall today!!!!!!! omg how embarasing  (Read 14239 times)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
had my first fall today!!!!!!! omg how embarasing
« on: January 10, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
i was at work!! in the car park. During my hour lunch break.. OMG at first it was AMAZINNGGG!!!!  :Straddle5: all these customers approached me asking wow what are those, where do u get them from, what are you promoting

and im like lol there called pro-jumps, i got them online and im just wearing them for fun! i was having the time of my life lol... i was lucky in the fact that no crowds were gathering it was all individual people. in 5 minuted of quiet time i was walking around and thought ill give running a try , so i started and i gained some speed , i was good for about 20 meters and then i went flying!!!!!!

i wasnt hurt to baddly , i only grazed my kneee abit.... it hurt more than it really should have coz it was cold...... never mind...

aaaahhhh im so glad only one person saw me lol. what was even worse was i didnt know how to get up so i had to crawl to the wall  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:51:28 PM by Kiwi »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: had my first fall today!!!!!!! omg how embarasing
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
aww but at elast you got your first fall out of the way with not too much pain, mine ended up in a sprained wrist and me never bocking without wristguards again

Offline lynch

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
that one thing about falling learning to get up when i first went on the stilts i was not aloud to get up and walk until i could get up from the floor it took me 3/4 days to do it but i got there in the end i do believe that there is a vid on how to get up i think you should watch it i know how much it helps

Offline Schoie

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
I fell at my first running attempt, but haven't fell since. I feel I may of just jinxed myself there tho :-\
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
I fell at my first running attempt, but haven't fell since. I feel I may of just jinxed myself there tho :-\

lol hopefully you haven't. I just have to remember not to do things in my work break just in case i seriously hurt myself lol.

and to take things abit slower too. 

and to learn to get up unaided.

and to wear knee pads..... ( i was at work, wasn't expecting to bock!!!)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »
Well done with the first fall you have the right attitude to become a good bocker  :thumbs:
Glad you didn't hurt yourself too much (west london bockers are to few to risk any  :haha:)

First rule is when you go anywhere with your bocks take your pads it is so easy to be lured into "just a little bounce" and end up with a hospital visit that could have been avoided with your pads on

I tend to velcro my pads to the bocks so they are always with them and I'm never caught out  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
Well done with the first fall you have the right attitude to become a good bocker  :thumbs:
Glad you didn't hurt yourself too much (west london bockers are to few to risk any  :haha:)

cheers jason  :biggrin: :biggrin: i reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy am so determined to be a good bocker without being like one of those idiots who want to flip as soon as they get on. i wuold love to meet other bockers around my area (i agree with you there are too few of us) but i have exams for the next two weeks  :'( :'( after the 22nd however ??? WHATS EVERYONES SHEDULE LIKE???? lol. Anyone free to come to kingston??

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:05:43 PM »
my first real fall (so not including being attached by a garage door or falling of a slide.) was at the xmas norwich meet and i slipped and it was way to slippery to get up so had to crawl of that bit and jack filmed it. thanks for that! but the fall itself was nearly filmed, but spud stopped it hahah lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »
yea, just as you fell..gutted   :D

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »
oh oh show!!! lol

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
cheers jason  :biggrin: :biggrin: i reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy am so determined to be a good bocker without being like one of those idiots who want to flip as soon as they get on. i wuold love to meet other bockers around my area (i agree with you there are too few of us) but i have exams for the next two weeks  :'( :'( after the 22nd however ??? WHATS EVERYONES SHEDULE LIKE???? lol. Anyone free to come to kingston??

I'm in Ealing so thats pretty near :) Give me some time to get more confident and I wouldn't mind meeting with you and/or a few others *cough* Jason *cough* (and others)... Bear in mind i'm only 13, just don't be surprised when I turn out and your like whaaaat! :P

Offline Schoie

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »

lol hopefully you haven't. I just have to remember not to do things in my work break just in case i seriously hurt myself lol.

and to take things abit slower too. 

and to learn to get up unaided.

and to wear knee pads..... ( i was at work, wasn't expecting to bock!!!)

I fell over in work during a break, wasn't wearing any protection. I returned to work and didn't want anyone to know. I was sat at my position in the Control Tower and I could feel blood running down from my knees and elbow. My Wrists were grazed too. Luckily I only had an hours work left to do. The next day I went to the med centre coz my right had swelled up bad. Wear protection people!!!
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 12:39:48 AM »

I'm in Ealing so thats pretty near :) Give me some time to get more confident and I wouldn't mind meeting with you and/or a few others *cough* Jason *cough* (and others)... Bear in mind i'm only 13, just don't be surprised when I turn out and your like whaaaat! :P

lol hey fysh im not very good either lol. hense my fall lol. yeh ealing aint that far and no worries im no 40 year old grannie im 19 years old.. maybe we can help each other get better at bocking lemme know when ur free we could meet in the middle somewhere... Richmond perhaps.......??

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 04:23:05 AM »
:D on the query of ok to get to kingston: hell yes been meaning to have a meet there for ages, probably weekends until it starts getting light in the evenings, then i think almost everyoneis free for wednesday evenings

my general schedule is wednesday afternoons and weekends, not most saturdays as im usually at archery and then getting drunk afterwards

p.s.i maded a forum, tis where to organise meets :P

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »
:P Yea maybe us and darfgarf one day? Let me get some new knee straps and I shiuld be ok to come out one saturday or sunday :) Once we have a possible date i'll ask my parents and see if its good :D

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »
hey fysh, we jason and i might be old but we give as good on bocks as some of you younger ones
do,maybe you should have a meet and me and jason could show you just how its done,

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »
hey fysh, we jason and i might be old but we give as good on bocks as some of you younger ones
do,maybe you should have a meet and me and jason could show you just how its done,

:P Yea, as long as your not as good as me then thats ok :P Arrange something, with a date and I should be able to come if it is not too far...

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
:P Yea, as long as your not as good as me then thats ok :P Arrange something, with a date and I should be able to come if it is not too far...

btw they're better than me though i was better at kent :P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 06:49:15 PM »
Ok all you lot Clive and I would be up for a kingston meet (been thinking about it for a year or so but not sure about parking) but as we both work it would have to be a Sunday

So where is the cheapest place to park Darfgarf and are there any good bits to play on  :biggrin: (by the way were not better than you just slightly Madder  :haha:) You have got to come to london and try the steps  :banana:

And bear in mind you might have to make allowences for us being old and decrepit  :banana:(That should give us an advantage Clive  :haha:)

If your parents are worried Fysh get them to come along to check us all out (sensible these days) and if they fancy having a go tell me I should have a spare pair I could bring if they want to try (I have a pair in most weights at home)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
i've never been to kingston, hafta ask kiwi or bio abotu that, haven't seen bio around for ages, back at school now i think, once i find out what weekends i'm doing stuff i'll let you lot know, ask mid-week or something if i've dissappeared

psst www.surreyspringers.tk   ;D

(sorry if that link isn't allowed, need ot read up n the rules about links)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
Ok all you lot Clive and I would be up for a kingston meet (been thinking about it for a year or so but not sure about parking) but as we both work it would have to be a Sunday

So where is the cheapest place to park Darfgarf and are there any good bits to play on  :biggrin: (by the way were not better than you just slightly Madder  :haha:) You have got to come to london and try the steps  :banana:

And bear in mind you might have to make allowences for us being old and decrepit  :banana:(That should give us an advantage Clive  :haha:)

If your parents are worried Fysh get them to come along to check us all out (sensible these days) and if they fancy having a go tell me I should have a spare pair I could bring if they want to try (I have a pair in most weights at home)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

sounds like a plan is brewing.... well i have to park in kingston like everyday sooo .. i can think of 2 places that are 40p per hour but one of them is no longer than 4 hours. and its further away than the 2nd spot to the riverside.

riverside is just a stright run along the river but f you cross the bridge and go over to the otherside then there is a MASSSIIIIVVEEEEEEE park ( bushy park ) that leads to hampton court palace... ive walked from uni to there  and it took about ... 2 hour on foot. and most of the journey is cemented. so its PERFECT for bocking.

the 2nd (closer) place to park is again 40p per hour but for 2.60 u can park all day the thing is not very many parking spots. and the chance to park there (especially on sunday) is ... rather low.

the third place to park is in the cattle market. its an underground carpark and spaces are guaranteed but its a ticket thingy one. ( like heathrow AP )  and it costs 90p for 30 minuts. but u have the satisfaction of it being secure and its in the middle of the two parking spots mentioned above.

i say depending on how many of us there are we could meet up and just go in a single car ( if we all fit with bocks lol ) ** and share the parking charge.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:03:44 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
oh p.s

we could always take over Richmond park :D:D:D:D

free parking too with no limit

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »
Sounds good

We have bocked Hampton Court a few times and that is good fun and the parking is free

so we couyld have a meet there

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Sounds good

We have bocked Hampton Court a few times and that is good fun and the parking is free

so we couyld have a meet there

...................... good thinking batman.  :Dark_Knight:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
grate lets get a date sorted this should be fun i leave my walking stick at home thou,as it gets in the way lol  :Straddle5: ;)