Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 371829 times)

Offline deckchairmonkey

Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #1375 on: August 08, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
Hey all

My names Lee, I'm 23 and from Didcot near Oxford.

I'm an uber noob having only just started bocking but i'm picking it up fairly quickly and was hoping that the kind people of this forum could support me and help show me the light. No falls yet, but maybe that just means that I'm not pushing myself hard enough!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #1376 on: August 09, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
No falls yet, but maybe that just means that I'm not pushing myself hard enough!

thats my kind of saying buddy lol I'm sure there is a few people dotted around near you try getting in touch with the sorry springers or the band bockers

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1377 on: August 09, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »
Hi Lee

We may be a bit of a treck for you but the Banned Bockers are in Hanworth (near Feltham)

And the good news is we are having a home meet this sunday and it is ideal for newbeys as we have a small hall if it rains and a big car park if it's sunny

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline deckchairmonkey

« Reply #1378 on: August 09, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
sounds cool but unfortunately i have to work this sunday  :Ccry:

ill keep track of your meets and will get along to one as soon as i can

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1379 on: August 10, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
Ok Mate

See you at a meet soon

Offline rapidhonda

« Reply #1380 on: August 20, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
hi peeps
i'm kevin (kev)
im 38 and live in lancing, west sussex.
i think im the only one in my area but have seen a couple of chaps in worthing whilst i was driving.
i dont have a pair of bocks yet but will be getting a pair of pro-jump exo CZ90's
i'm 6 ft 3 and slim.i consider myself quite fit although i do smoke.
but i am defo gonna need some help when i get a pair as i dont like falling over.
will get all the safe gear i feel important to me.
however i havent found a good source for wrist supports yet, have some ideas but would like some i can wear with gloves as i like my digits as they are,i think that the wrist/glove combined combo looks a bit over the top.
any suggestions.
regards
kev

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1381 on: August 20, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »
Best i have found are Flexmeter Multisport

Company called Alpsgear sells them and I believe you can get a discount if you search the old posts on here

Only problem is the gloves they cover most of your hand so you would need big gloves

Offline extreme601

« Reply #1382 on: August 24, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new here, hence this post. I've been looking over the forum reading through as many threads as possible for an hour or so and have decided that it looks like a great community which I'd be more than happy to be a part of.

I got my pair of exo's yesterday and spent just over an hour learning to walk and jog slowly, when a bolt thread on my left toe plate decided to shred it's self causing me to fall on a hard pathway :P

One slightly aching hip and a couple of polite emails to customer support at ghostbikes later, a replacement part will soon be on it's way and I'll be running all over town!

Looking forward to many happy conversations here :)

(Trimley St Mary near Ipswich, Suffolk btw)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1383 on: August 24, 2011, 03:35:30 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new here, hence this post. I've been looking over the forum reading through as many threads as possible for an hour or so and have decided that it looks like a great community which I'd be more than happy to be a part of.

I got my pair of exo's yesterday and spent just over an hour learning to walk and jog slowly, when a bolt thread on my left toe plate decided to shred it's self causing me to fall on a hard pathway :P

One slightly aching hip and a couple of polite emails to customer support at ghostbikes later, a replacement part will soon be on it's way and I'll be running all over town!

Looking forward to many happy conversations here :)

(Trimley St Mary near Ipswich, Suffolk btw)

near Ipswich? Well you've got plenty of bocking neighbours then! get in touch with the EA's for someone to stilt with!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #1384 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
hay man I'm just down the road from you in bury good to see a new ea check out r page www.eabockers.com I'm sure the guys at pro jump will sort you out we will have to have a meet in ipswich soon iv never booked the but she i go skating there i normally see some good spots for it also quite a few of us go to a gymnastics centre there on ether Tuesdays or thursday nights so if u wanna come meet us soon i think they r back after school hols and is good fun and practise for stilts :) also like r fb page and add me I'm greg player

see u soon

Offline rapidhonda

« Reply #1385 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »
hi extreme601
form one newbie to another
welcome
yes indeed there is a huge amount of info on this forum which although i havent got my exo pro's yet have found very,very usefull.
will probaly,when i get mine strip and rebuild with lots of fancy bolts and thread lock, being of an engineering background may also find a new solution to some probs we all uncover whilst using these clever height lifters.
regards
kev

Offline extreme601

« Reply #1386 on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »
Excellent, I've liked the page and have contacted EA members to find out more about the Ipswich gymnastics centre meet. Looking forward to it!

And thanks all for the welcomes :)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #1387 on: August 25, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

I got ure email about the gym meets their ussually held in Stowupland which is inbetween Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds i will email you as soon as we know the next date when we will be hiring it :)

Paul

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #1388 on: August 25, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
sweet yer paul can u book it soon i wanna get my back fills after watching people do them at cb

Offline cameronS

« Reply #1389 on: August 28, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
Hi everyone!
My names Cameron I'm 18 and from Dover, Been bocking for about a week, got into it after practising parkour, freerunning and trampolining for years, so bockings a bit of a combination of all three!.... So far It's been great, the attention you get and the sense of self achievement just makes it so fun. Hoping to get down to my local gym soon to practice somersaults, really hoping it wont take long too learn, but we'll see how it goes...
Are there any bocking clubs around my area? Would be great to go to some meets...
Guess that's all for now!

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #1390 on: August 29, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
Hi Cam.

I think you are looking for the Invictor Bockers. A guy called Toddy. Have a look at the home page/whats happening near you/groups.
Hope this gets you in touch with your local crowd.  :Csmile:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1391 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
The Invicta's have been quiet recently

Shame really as their Black Lion Gym meets were awesome (even the car park was challenging)

So if you start them up again I will be at the gym meets  :Cbiggrin:

Offline cameronS

« Reply #1392 on: August 29, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »
Thanks for the greetings. I've checked the invicta bockerz website and it seems quite dead... Think they've stop bocking.... Would You be up for coming down to the black lion centre for a meet? I would love to learn from some more experienced Bockers... Just dont think anyone down this end does it anymore..

Cameron

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1393 on: August 29, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Send a PM to Toddy and see if he still lives there

If not he might be able to tell you who is still bocking round there

Problem with just a couple of us coming over is the gym would be very expensive to book (need about 10 or more to make it reasonable)

Next weekend on sunday a few of us are going to london to meet up with a welsh bocker or two so if you could make that it would be fun as it is at a slackline event so lots to watch the post is here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=6724.new#new

Offline cameronS

« Reply #1394 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Ahh, hope I can find some local people.. not sure if i'll be able to make that meet unfortunatly...
On a side note do you still sell the hoofies Jason?

Cameron

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1395 on: August 30, 2011, 07:26:57 PM »
I have had trouble getting the tyres I use for them so can't supply them at the moment

Good news is that the new Exo hoofs don't need them

Offline RedBlueQuinn

• *Looks at stilts* THOSE..ARE..AMAZING!....SHOW ME!
« Reply #1396 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
Hi all, my name is Quinn!
I love minecraft, 8-bit, gaming, comics, manga, drawing, bocking, freerunning/parkour ETC (you get the picture) I'm an all-round-geek and love all things that increase awesome and decrease suck. I'm a 13 year old that lives in Haywards Heath in Sussex, UK. I just got my second pair of PJ's (I used to have some junior ones, but they were rubbish! :P) I'm currently trying to learn some new moves and skills, I'm not sure if getting 70kg stilts was the best choice for a 50kg guy :P Looking for any bocking groups in or around the West Sussex area, any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated!
Quinn

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #1397 on: September 10, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »
Welcome :) u will enjoy bocking :) keeps u fit and u allways make new friends with strangers when u have them on :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline RedBlueQuinn

• *Looks at stilts* THOSE..ARE..AMAZING!....SHOW ME!
« Reply #1398 on: September 10, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »
Welcome :) u will enjoy bocking :) keeps u fit and u allways make new friends with strangers when u have them on :P
Thanks, I've got a few people asking me about them around my village today :P Outside the shop and the football club! I had my first fall today which wasn't really that bad, do you know of any groups in the west sussex area?
Thanks,
Quinn

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #1399 on: September 10, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
You need to get in touch with Rapidhonda. Pretty sure he is new from sussex