Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 368323 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #1450 on: May 31, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum Luc

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #1451 on: May 31, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »
Hey Luc, Welcome to the forum, if we can help in anyway just shout!

Offline ES-EM

• Western Canadian Bocker!
« Reply #1452 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes! I'll be sure to ask for help when I need it  :Csmile:

Offline SterileBacteria

« Reply #1453 on: November 19, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
Hey there, I'm Elliott, 18, i'm in North/West London and I saw the stilts a long time ago, and always wanted to take it up. So, that's exactly what i'm going to do, in the long term hopefully, it looks great fun, and I love bouncing around on the trampoline anyway, and so this is perfect for me. I ordered my stilts today and am so excited to join the bocking community and start bouncing! :Cbiggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1454 on: November 20, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »
Hi Elliott

Pete (Muncher) is up towards you I think and you can always come and visit us in Hanworth

Offline will.f.c

« Reply #1455 on: December 17, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »
Hey,
my name is will and im 16 years old, im from staines and recently got introduced to this sport by some people i saw round my local area. Im planning to get a pair of PJ's pretty soon when iv got enough money ect. but i cant wait to take this up :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1456 on: December 17, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
Hi Will

Welcome to the assylm mate

Look forward to seeing you at the meets in staines

Jason

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #1457 on: December 18, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
Hi Will

Welcome to the assylm mate

Look forward to seeing you at the meets in staines

Jason

Hi Will, was good to meet you last weekend! Hopefully cya at the Basingstoke meet this sunday :)

Offline PERES

• "Never give up, always try."
« Reply #1458 on: December 18, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
Hello bockers!

I'm Alex Peres, 32, from Brazil,  and it's a pleasure to join you guys in this forum. This sport isn't common in Brazil yet, anywhere you go you can't find it or somebody that can talk about this sport; but I think in a couple of months it'll be popular.
I bought my powerstrider in the only single store that sell it in Brazil, located in São Paulo, there's no other store selling it yet. When I called the stores looking for it, they even didn't know what  pro-jump, powerstrider, 7league boots, fly jump, poweriser, skyrunner, means...
So I bought my power stilts, in 1, december 2012, and could practice only 5 times. I was able to walk already I got balance, but I didn't know how to stand up after a fall. So I couldn't go out with my stilts cause I wouldn't be able to stand up by myself.
So my weight is 94 kg, and I bought springs from 100kg - 110kg; I've read in some posts that is better get one size up. Even though, the salesperson advice me to get 90 kg - 100 kg.
I felt this springs are so hard and I think that was my difficult to stand up alone; cause the springs can't compress when I put my weight on it.
I was trying to get up and I got hurt by some muscular distansion on my groin and leg. So that I can't walk without stilts ...LOL
Anyway, I'm so anxious cause I bought my power stilts to practice in this Xmas and January and know I can't cause of this hurt.... I'm so upset with that. But, there's no thing to do, without waiting get my groin and leg better.
It will take about 3 to 6 months without my power stilts, just at this moment that I'd love to be walking around and specially cause nobody have seen power stilts here in my town yet... I would be famous....hahaha....

I'd like to know if this kind of muscular distantion is normal for bockers or just for beginners?

Take care bockers!

Alex

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1459 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »
Hey will was nice to meet you in Staines the other day and hopefully see you on the next Basingstoke meet and hi to Alex

Offline LegendFI

• New at bocking... but learning fast :)...
« Reply #1460 on: January 07, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Hey what's up my fellow bockers? I am excited to be part of the bocking community. A little bit about myself... I am a 31 year old male, and I live in Malta... awesome and beautiful small island.

If there are any other bockers on the island, hit me up! Also, any visiting bockers are most welcome to contact me to hang out or for sightseeing (I can show you the island).

I just got (a few weeks ago) my first ever pair of jumping stilts, and I haven't had the time to do much. But I am learning fast.

That is all in a nutshell... hear from you guys and girls.

Peace out.

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1461 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »
Hey mate welcome from a fellow newbie to the forum

surely with the weather in Malta you should be out more on them?

We like loads of pics a vids of how you are getting along  :Becky: :Straddle5:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1462 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »
Welcome aboard mate

Good luck with finding people to bock with the best way is to get out on them and the folks that see you will want a pair

Offline MrsTigger

« Reply #1463 on: February 01, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »
Hi

My name is Chels
I started with my pro jumps over a year ago due to my other half jordan raving about bouncing about
Unfortunatly due to weather, setting up 2 new businesses, moving twice my poor buba projumps have been neglected i havent even learnt to bounce on them yet :(
BUT 2013 im changing that even if its -20 outside im going out :)

from seaton in devon
so if anyone is close let me know

:Straddle5:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1464 on: February 02, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
Welcome aboard Chels

The forum is a bit quite at the moment (all this cold weather )
But it will pick up in the spring and you should get a few replies

Apart from the hardened few most people only want to go out in the summer  :Claugh:

I seem to remember that there were a few people around your area and I believe there was a shop set up entirely for bocking a few years ago (saddly it didn't survive as far as I know)
So you should get a couple of people to bock with but the best way by far is to be seen out on them at the weekends and give people a go on them as once they have tried quite a lot go on to buy and you then have a bocking comunity

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #1465 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
Well cold weather isn't good. Well i don't mind the cold but the wet makes it a tad dangerous so i'm waiting it out until it dries out a bit.
 :Cmask:

Offline Jumpy

« Reply #1466 on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »
hi guys i am new here looking for work on stilts! does anyone know any agents or any people that have contacts plz
 :Cbiggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1467 on: February 14, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »
Hi Jumpy
Welcome to the forum mate

What sort of stilt work are you looking for as we do get a few offers come up on here
Most of them are for charity or freebys but a few of the lads do regular work but they seem to travel abroad to do it or work in night clubs

In my experience most of the work I have been offered comes in two flavors

Either handing out leaflets or they want someone to do displays and for that you need to be fairly good

Make a couple of vids showing your tallents and post they here so people can see you and they may well offer you some work

Being able to flip is a major plus point as the public always like to see a flip  :Claugh:

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #1468 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:11 PM »
HI ' Jumpy'

Ive got a few connections and actually a couple jobs coming up .. send me your stuff and We can get to know each other a bit.

Add me on Facebook - Simeon Kiola
send me any of your stuff - info@simeonkiola.com

all the best
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:55:21 PM by Kiola »

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #1469 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »
Hi jumpy ,

I have worked and loved all my jobs on stilts over the years .

But The Main advice would be , even thou this is a fun sport if you work you deffo need to be professional about it . Ie: contracts and all the other boring legalitys .
As to protect yourself , as there are un professional people out there .

If you need any info just drop me an email .

Hope this helps !

Chris

Offline Jumpy

« Reply #1470 on: February 19, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
cheers guys for your help. i think i am not good enough to be doing great shows but a few little jobs in clubs sounds good.will have a look on here then cheers.

Offline kitro

« Reply #1471 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »
Hi, I'm Rose, got my pro jumps a week ago. Been out a few times, but only on my driveway, the snow is putting me off!

I'm up in Newcastle, 25 and hoping to get good enough to do a (amateur) costume performance in May.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1472 on: March 19, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
Welcome Rose,

I've said it before, I'll say it again, nip down to Middlesbrough - there are a few of us down here that would love to have more people to bounce around with, and we're only an hour away.

Offline kitro

« Reply #1473 on: March 19, 2013, 04:10:01 PM »
Welcome Rose,

I've said it before, I'll say it again, nip down to Middlesbrough - there are a few of us down here that would love to have more people to bounce around with, and we're only an hour away.

Thanks, I could well be up for that. Do you have regular meets or ought?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1474 on: March 19, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
Welcome to the mad house Rose

If you ever find yourself down in London you are welcome to visit the Banned

You couldn't do better than Hilly and co for bocking buddies they will get you flipping in days  :Claugh: or kill you trying  :Cbiggrin: