Author Topic: Bocking Demonstartion  (Read 13767 times)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
Bocking Demonstartion
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
I have been asked if we would attend a come and try it day at the North Kesteven Sports Centre from 1 till 4 on 31st January

We will have to provide the opportunity for people to try bocking (as we normally do)

I have been advised that there will be no cost to the club

Who is prepared to come and bock with the proviso that you also help me get anyone who wants to try the sport on the Pro-jump bocks we have
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

Re: Bocking Demonstartion
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
Have my 110's you can use and will more than happy to help you  :thumbs:
You may have to twist my arm to let you use my S-rex's though  :biggrin:

Have you got any card to hand out I've not got any ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:50:17 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »
i will see if i can come to this one as i can no longer get to the gymfest :'(

and if i do i will have 3 pairs with me, mine and 2 spair pairs of powerisers 90/120 at the mo

Offline Schoie

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
I'm away at Newcastle at the time for some1's 21st, otherwise I'd be happy to help
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »
I'm getting some kiddie stilts soon should have them in time for this event  :thumbs:

Who's joining us there ?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:28:21 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »
hi charlie b how far is this from west london middlesex as jason and i might be up for this

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
It's 4 miles out of Lincoln so maybe a little far for you ( 150 miles ) but I'd say you'd be more than welcome. We old farts have to sick together :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
 I'll have a pair of kiddie stilts so untill I get my hands on another pair I'll bring to this and every event we go to, I've even got branded new pads and a helmet for kids to use too.
 So we can offer everyone a go safely  :CbiggrinS:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:43:11 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:47:20 PM »
Depending on where you are in Middlesex up to 2 1/2 hour Drive. Love to meet up with you and jason at some time. me thinks a London meet in the summer. yellowbellys in hyde park ?
Grow old disgracefully

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
aww DK ur a biig sweety ent u thinking of the little kiddies :D

aww i knew the batman had a heart ;) hehe :Cnotworthy: :Crolleyes:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
so im comming to conferm and ill have spud, dan, sarah as well with me

and ill have 2 spair pairs of bocks
so be there at 1 or do you want us there a little earlier?
and since ive not been to the lincoln gym befor do i need any forms filled out for this?

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »
Please note

There has been some changes to the Itinerary by the organisers. They have cut down the time to 12 til 1 so we will only be on site for an hour.

It would be a bit of a trek for most for only an hour for most of you. Please rearrange your plans accordingly
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:10 AM »
Thanks Clive, I really don't think it's worth us coming from Norfolk now  :Cno: still the 7th eh  :Cbiggrin:

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
I'll be there even if we can only been seen there.
I'll be there really early if anyone still wants to come along before hand.
With luck the weather may not be too bad at have a bounce outside somewhere.
The same go afterwards the gym too may even head into Lincoln.

I've a spare pair of 110's and a kids pair with all the padding so I've got everyone covered :)

I'll see if that girl from the gym wants another go but I know she's tight for cash but maybe we can twist her arm to get some. I think she told me she had friends that may like a go as well, I'll email her and find out LOL

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:16:16 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
i have to agree with spud, no point of me driving 250miles round trip, for an hour

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
So now it's an hour who's coming and watch me face plant the red brick !?

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »
There's only the 4 of us now.
If your guest and reading this like always come see us and maybe give it a try :)
The local group can also be contacted here

http://yellowbellybockers.co.uk/index.html

The following weeks going to be like a mad-house so it would be better to come this week !?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:09:18 AM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
Charlie B don't what your plan is but I'm dropping someone off there at about 10am.
I've no hand outs but I'll try to get something printed if I can make a print working.
So if I'm not around the gym I'll be looking for a "Hot spot" for my laptop  :Cradar:

So I'll be around the gym a good hour before and I'm in no rush afterwards if it's worth one of us haning around ?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 01:46:14 AM »
is it me or did u spell Demonstration rong :P

am i too late to notice this :P :Cerr:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 02:24:21 AM »
Yes a little  :Cconfused:
Seeing as this first posted weeks ago and the event start in 11 hours time and there's only five of us going I think now.  :Ctwitcy:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 02:51:44 AM »

Is it me or did you spell wrong wrong? ^_^

I didn't notice that at all until you pointed it out. But there hvae been serveal studeis taht suggset as long as the beignning and end lettres are corrcet, most pepole can raed the setnence and not notcie the mitsakes.

Unless perhaps you spell every other word wrong. ;)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Dark Knight

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

Is it me or did you spell wrong wrong? ^_^

I didn't notice that at all until you pointed it out. But there hvae been serveal studeis taht suggset as long as the beignning and end lettres are corrcet, most pepole can raed the setnence and not notcie the mitsakes.

Unless perhaps you spell every other word wrong. ;)
Just to say the weather doesn't look to bad but its cold out so I'll be about around 10-11 look for my car !

As long as a words contain 4 or more letters and the first and last letters are right the brain can work most sentences out. Or put them the same way read this quickly ?
As lnog as a wrods cotnain 4 or mroe letetrs and the frist and lsat letetrs are rihgt the brian can wrok msot snetnecs out.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
Tahnks for the prompt returns on this, understand from all of you about distance v time.

I have been asked to provide demos and taster sessions on two days w/c 16th February, this will be in sleaford from about 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm as part of half term activities. Will let everyone know more in a few days and post a specific thread.

See you all next week, its going to be fun
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »
Just got back it went very well  :thumbs:
Four adults and a couple of kids.
One of the lads was hight jumping by the end of the hour. :o
The kids stilts where good but never really seen them being used much the kids who had a go where a little small but little kids grow up so future bockers maybe :)

We where in the gym for an hour and a half by the time they kick us out  :Claugh:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:24:05 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »
Glad you had fun and got some extra time..but still would have been worth us coming :( sorry