Author Topic: I'm out.  (Read 6107 times)

Offline lurchenstien

I'm out.
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »
Figured I'd post an update, if you could call it that, in the way of my interests since my last visit.

Well, my Pro-Jumps didn't last me as long as I had thought they would. I got bored of them, and I continued with unicycling. It must be over a year since I last used my Pro-Jumps, and maybe about the same ammount of time since I went BMXing. There's not much goes on in the way of bocking here, people seem to have had their fun, theres a few people who walk about on them, but little in the way of people who persue it as a sport. BMX scene here is terrible, bad enough to cause me to leave the sport after 13 years, and sell the BMX that was my pride and joy for the last 4 years.

Of all the things for me to do instead of bocking and BMXing, I didn't have unicycling in mind, but yeah, unicycling it is. I have been unicycling for 13 years, but never seriously, just as something I can do. Last april, I bought and worked a gig on a 5' giraffe unicycle, and a 3 wheeled giraffe unicycle. I also worked the Garlic Festival on the 5' giraffe uni, and the Isle Of Wight Festival too, making it onto the ITV2 highlights on their site.

Since then, It's taken off quite well really, I have taken up street / trials unicycling, I had a mini giraffe unicycle welded for me (at 2 ft high, it's pretty much as cute as a unicyce could be), have and learnt to ride a 2 wheeled unicycle, and now I'm sponsored for riding street / trials. I am due to be unicycling at a cd launch party, lol as long as I'm not injured, at the end of the month.

I had never thought I'd stop BMXing, I thought bocking would also have given me a longer run of fun, and I had never expected unicycling to be more than just something I can do. It's wierd how things work out, and it goes to show that you can never really know what's gonna happen.

Heh, I guess this makes me a unicyclist.

L.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: I'm out.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
Sorry to loose you mate

It's a shame no one near you bocked as that makes it so much more fun and you learn quicker

Maybe you'll regain an interest one day in the mean time good luck with the Unicycle  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
Naz wouldn't delete your name, you'll be welcome to chat when ever you fancy and like Jason says maybe when you see more Bockers around you, you'll give it another go. But good luck and the best what ever makes you happy.

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:58:19 AM »
Cheers Jason. I may well do if more people near me take up bocking, but for the time being I'm done with it and I'm working more on unicycling. Needless to say, if I start up again the community will know.

Cheers DK, Lol, @ Naz. I may well pop in from time to time.

L.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 04:01:32 AM »
and I thought this thread was about sprog!

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 04:16:36 AM »
and I thought this thread was about sprog!
Firstly why arn't you in bed count sheep, and we ready know and Sprog !  :nanadance:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »
Wow! The unicycling stuff sounds great! I have seen those giraffe uniycles. How do you get on them!

:spudT:

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
Wow! The unicycling stuff sounds great! I have seen those giraffe uniycles. How do you get on them!

Yeah, unicycling's cool if you have the patience to learn it.

You'd get on a giraffe unicycle either by stepping up, or running and jumping onto them.

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
Nice to see your still around :)

Yeah, unicycling's cool if you have the patience to learn it.

You'd get on a giraffe unicycle either by stepping up, or running and jumping onto them.
I'll bring my unicycle to the next gym meet :)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »
learnt to ride a 2 wheeled unicycle

...this confused the hell out of me, but i am very tired.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »
Bit like a Unicorn with two horns Chocl8

It's called a Cow  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:46 PM »
Nice to see your still around :)

Lol, yeah, I'm still about.

...this confused the hell out of me, but i am very tired.

Yeah, it's confusing to learn, you have to pedal backwards to go forwards. Looks like this: http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/NimbusH.jpg

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »
I was in London once and see some poles and chains locked to a post once ?
It was only when I noticed the wheel I realized it was a very tall ( Single wheeled ) unicyle  :Ctwitcy:

I think your the reason I got one myself .... can't do it very well, people like you make it look easy  :Cnotworthy:

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 02:02:04 AM »
Must have been quite random to see a unicycle locked up, and a giraffe unicycle at that. Mine are never left anywhere, I've been in somerfield with 2 of them once, and ended up unicycling in the crisp aisle at the request of the security guard.

Lol, there's plenty of people that make it look easier than I can.

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 05:02:29 AM »
Must have been quite random to see a unicycle locked up, and a giraffe unicycle at that. Mine are never left anywhere, I've been in somerfield with 2 of them once, and ended up unicycling in the crisp aisle at the request of the security guard.

Lol, there's plenty of people that make it look easier than I can.
And there plenty of people like me that make it look harder LOL

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 05:30:44 AM »
with a thread title of 'I'm out' I thought you meant out of the closet....how dissapointing. Unicycling...Mmmm, well enjoy

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 05:43:16 AM »
with a thread title of 'I'm out' I thought you meant out of the closet....how dissapointing. Unicycling...Mmmm, well enjoy
I'm glad he's NOT out of here !?
We don't want to lose a bocker, maybe Mod a unicycle so he can bock and unicycle at the same time !

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »
And there plenty of people like me that make it look harder LOL

Lol, yeah that's true, but theres people in every sport that make them look harder, and people that make them look easier.
maybe Mod a unicycle so he can bock and unicycle at the same time !

I have tried unicycling with bocks on ages ago, and crashed in a spectacular fashion.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:59:36 PM by lurchenstien »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »
Get down to Covent Garden in the summer lurchenstien if you take a set of bolt cutters you can have about 3 or 4 unicycles  :Claugh:
The performers chain them to the lamp posts there all the time

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: