Author Topic: Getting a bit better!!!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Gaz

Getting a bit better!!!
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »
Hi everyone.
Had my bocks since christmas and have been trying to get outon them everyday. Wasnt to difficult when i was off work up until the 5th of jan (except for when the great brittish weather annoys me) Since then tho i have managed to get about 15 mins a day on my lunch break when we usually play volleyball. and have played a few games on my bocks, very hard to concentrate on the ball when still staying on my feet. i decide to give that a miss till im more confident.
Last weekend i managed a few 2 footed jumps after watching a tutorial on youtube. I had realised from this that i needed to keep my legs strait and jump on myheels. i did it acouple of times holding the lamppost then found a spot down the aley with a bit of space. my first few landings were not very good but i persisted and managed about 3 in a row before falling over. (so glad ive got safty gear. didnt even hurt)
The next day i found a road on an indutrial estate with a gate at either end. NO CARS YAY!!!!! I was bouncing around for about an hour and felt like i made loads of progress. on monday i did my bit at dinner time the lads reconed i was getting bout 2.5 to 3 foot!!!! well happy with that. did a few jups fron a ledge aswell scared the  :censored: out of me but i did ok will have to practice that one a bit more.
by wednesday my back, neck, right shoulder and left knee were hurting so much i needed a break. found it so hard to stay off them tho. think im addicted!!!!
been out today feel much better and keep trying to get as high as possible. hopefully should have so pics and vids soon if i can work out how to get em on my new laptop  :PJ1:
thanks for reading my ramblings!!! :haha:
Gaz

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Getting a bit better!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
:D you should get out there and bock with others, lots mroe challenges learning to avoid other bockers

Offline Gaz

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
i am going to the feb gymfest in lincoln, but it is about a 2 and half hour drive for me. been looking for people and places nearer but no luck as of yet

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »
hmm, takes me like 4  :haha: where are you?

Offline Gaz

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:11:21 PM »
Ellesmer Port, Cheshire near chester google maps says 2 hrs 37 mins or something like that