Author Topic: Upcoming EA meets (old/dead/out of date)  (Read 23299 times)

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Upcoming EA meets
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
Ok, I have asked quite a few people now. Most people not fussed but a couple of people said 23rd is best for them. So...23rd it is  :Cyes: Norwich here we come. Also, if you have me on facebook I added anew album with some pics of poss bocking spots...oooh.. I will add them here. Took them on the way to the printers. They are near st andrews hall, opposite the waterfront and just past the waterfront.

u said 23rd and coz it was in april u said it and at the end of the month i thaught u would b meaning that ther is a meet on the 23rd of may

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
Oh! That was last year! Oops!

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »
I read the first page but didn't check the posted date!! Was thinking 23rd of May! Thats cool, I can do that, to then be disappointed by the fact that it was for last year.

Nevermind, keep me posted. I'll be there (if I can)  :Cyes:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
Hi people,

I was at the No Fit State Circus the other day, and during a briefing I noticed "EA Bockers if dry" written on the whiteboard. Later on I met a guy on bocks... but he didn't know of the EA bockers or that there was a forum on Pro-Jump. ...I thought this was kind of weird since he bought the stilts from this site and he had tyre armour...but I guess it's possible he hasn't heard of you. So I told him to check out the forum and look you guys up. =)

I forget his name...but if you do go down to the circus in the next few days keep an eye out for him. =) He was wearing new model stilts with spring armour and a red vest with a tribal graphic on it. Hopefully you can help him get into it more. =) He's only just started, but he's already running and jumping about, and interested in learning flips.

Get some pics if you do perform. =) I have some nice ones of me flipping off the stage (on my feet, not stilts), but they're on a friends camera.

Take it easy,

B ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »
Spud

Lincooln meet now 22nd May (a week on Saturday) Not sure where you got 30th from
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:34 PM »
Spud

Lincooln meet now 22nd May (a week on Saturday) Not sure where you got 30th from
err, check the year haha. I should probs lock this topic. I'm not updating it no more and the years are getting muddled LOL

I don't know this guy brendan. But I know that the EAs are known by the weds circus group so there was probs an assumption. But awesome. I was thinking of heading down there but coursework says no :(

:spudT:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »
I'm not sure what Weds circus group is, but the No Fit State circus is performing at Eaton Park tomorrow. ...Maybe it was Easton. Not sure exactly, but it took us nearly an hour to walk there from Chapelfield. They have a big top but the show takes place outside so it's free to watch. They have a pretty awesome circular stage set up with towers for bungee artists (like the trampoline/bungee things you get at fairgrounds).

They don't do anything really spectacular, but since it's free it might be worth going to see the final performance. ...Plus they have crash mats. ;) lol.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
The weds circus group are performing with them. It is Eaton Park. It's right by the UEA. You are nuts walking that far. Any bus towards the UEA will stop near by. The number 25 bus goes for sure. There is another too but I don't remember the number! Might go check it out then :)