Author Topic: 2 footed jumping  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
2 footed jumping
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
Now, i know this may sound strange, but what's so hard about 2 footed jumping? I've had my bocks since Tuesday, and have been getting steadily better on them. Almost as soon as i could jog on them, i was trying to jump. The obvious way for me to jump would be two footed, but i knew what people said about it before i tried it. The odd thing was, it wasn't that hard. Okay, i stumbled after about 3 jumps the first time, but hey, it was like... my third day of using them... a total of about.. half an hour's use. I'm now quite pleased with myself, i've been out with my bocks today, and can get about a foot and a half of height. Okay, it's not that high, but i'm new, and i think i'll be focusing more on running before i get onto jumping. I want to be very confident before i start jumping properly.

I just don't get why people treat two footed jumping like the holy grail, it really isn't that hard to get used to.

- Kaz

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: 2 footed jumping
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:13 PM »
Different things for different people Kazbahn

I find spring grabs easy and have trouble with straddles Clive the reverse

Jumping onto things is a scary one for me but I will happily jump off 4ft +

A lot of people find jumping with both feet hard if they have stronger springs but later they are happy about this because having weaker springs will make learning easier but they will bottom out when you get able to puy more power into them

I am lucky to have access to springs on my weight and above it and I find tricking on the light ones very easy but get much more height on the 10kg over ones

Unless you are very tallented you will eventually find something that you find hard and someone of less experience finds easy sometimes it's just mind over matter

And the Holy Grail is flipping both ways  :biggrin: which I can't do yet  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
Re: 2 footed jumping
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 01:06:52 AM »
i back jason on that...

ive had my bocks for about ... okay a week and a bit .. but ive only got about 3 hours experience and ive only just begun to jump on both feet. before i could bounce around on one foot easy. im still not confident with running yet but im taking things slow as i have much harder springs... im 66kg and i got M90's but the end result will be by the time my springs are soft enough i will be skilled enough to take advantage of the hight im jumping and start doing tricks. well i hope so anyway  :biggrin: