Author Topic: Up staging  (Read 5601 times)

Dark Knight

Up staging
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:42:11 AM »
 On Saturday I went into town for a bit of a bounce and to show someone my stilts who maybe getting some. I'm the only one in Boston with a pair I often get people asking about them and getting my photo taken !?
 I was lent up the wall doing nothing when I noticed a man promoting " SUBWAY " and a girl handing out samples. They where stood some 30 feet away from me and the man was waving me over so I bounce over to him and he said something funny to me.
 He said " They'd been stood there 10 minuets and in that time I'd had my picture taken four times and no one took his ! ". We all thought it funny then I said I go up the road a bit so not to up stage him but not before grabbing some free food off the girls tray  :biggrin:

Offline Rumjahn

Re: Up staging
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:54:52 AM »
You might take away that Subway guy's job. The manager will see you on your bocks and realize that you're a bigger draw, so he'll try to hire you to wear the sandwich costume on your bocks. I wonder how much he'd pay?

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:07:32 PM »
You might take away that Subway guy's job. The manager will see you on your bocks and realize that you're a bigger draw, so he'll try to hire you to wear the sandwich costume on your bocks. I wonder how much he'd pay?
At the moment my insurance wouldn't cover me and I think the just get the suit and get a member of staff to walk around in it ?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »
I'm the only one in Boston with a pair

I can assure you that there are plenty of bockers in Boston, there has been loads of individual orders and also quite a large one by the scouts in Boston last year. You are either not looking hard enough or they are in hiding  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:37:45 PM by webmaster »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
Yeah I think even in the smaller towns now we are well past the stage where people are alone.

People need to do all they can to get out there and get noticed ALL THE TIME.
This is exactly how the welshbockers was formed and we now have 30 regularly active members.

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »

I can assure you that there are plenty of bockers in Boston, there has been loads of individual orders and also quite a large one by the scouts in Boston last year. You are either not looking hard enough or they are in hiding  :)

I've handed out plenty of cards in the area and I'm out every weekend promoting bocking and everyone who's stopped me say's there never seen them before ?
They can't like me and are all hinding  :(
Charlie B said something the other week at the gym .... wonder if I'm too old to join the scouts  :biggrin:
Either way I'll see if any want to join and best bocking group in Britain the YYB  :banana:
I'll put Fusion back together ( untill DNA ready to go ) so they can see them !?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:51:19 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Rumjahn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »
DK, you're only as old as you think you are. I'm 35, with a one-year-old kid. Of course, getting the bocks was a hard sell on my wife, who thinks I'm totally crazy. Well, she thinks that anyway, but this latest endeavor (spelled the correct, American way), is only just the latest.

When you said Boston, I thought you meant the one that has the Plymouth rock, but then realized (also spelled correctly, with a "z") that there must be a Boston in the UK also. We Yanks steal a lot of city and town names from you Brits.

--Howie

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »

Ha Ha
It's not just me their hiding from but everyone !
I've been asking around and everyone say I'm the only one they've seen even the people who didn't it was me :-\

Naz are new sell new STEALTH colours now  :biggrin:

I'll check out the scouts and see if they could do with my help.
Becky wanted to set up a Bocking Scout Group who'd known that I could be in it  :D

Rumjahn  I live in "Boston" and "New York" just 8 miles up the road. I could bock there in a hour or two  :haha: