Author Topic: whats the best shoes?  (Read 27205 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: whats the best shoes?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »
i did try my snowboard boots with my pro jump bindings but found the boots were leaning so far forward i couldnt get my leg in the knee bar

Huh... I guessed that would happen with ski boots. I never noticed Snowboard boots were sloping. Blades anyone?
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »
Did rather slide around on the footplates aidan  :Claugh: but I was in a rush

think its been deleted now but taking that pic for the copetition was funny worth posting the description again for a laugh

{quote}
OK GRS

Just to let you know what the last 10mins have been like
Panic need photo Wife asleep can't wake her more than my lifes worth

Take own pic bolt camera to monopod stuff it down back of sofa

Set timer put on PJ's no shoes just socks (try it )

Rearange furniture (on PJ's AAAGH )

Push start on camera leap up smack head on wooden chandelier ( Ouch )
Run length of room start to turn take pic of backside

Reset timer Not easy (camera 2ft high me on PJ's)
Repeat headbut light fitting get turned move and blur pic
Repeat all above but don't move got it

And here it is ( I'm worn out I think I deserve to win something just for the lump on my head )
{quote}

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »
lmfao jason!! thats mint!!! :Cnotworthy: :Claugh:

omg has to be the finiest description of setting up a camera and taking a photo ever XD its like a tom and jerry cartoon XD :Claugh:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »
hahahaha made me laugh  :Claugh:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »
And did you win Jason? or did they not even think it was worth it... after all that?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Yep I won some body armour (Naz must be psychic  :Cbiggrin:)

But if you like that one you'll love this one  :Claugh:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=314

And yes it was set up  :Claugh:

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
haha, nice one jason :P i thought at first you must have wedged your bocks in the hole in the ceiling that looks like an entrance to a loft... but i then noticed the harness after it was mentioned on the comments :D

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
i wanna see the setup pics were r they?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 01:13:55 PM »
Here you go Aidan

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1115.msg12957#msg12957

You have to click on them to get them full size but it's worth it to see the strain I'm under  :Claugh:

I did enjoy doing that one must think of something else to do soon

Offline dannyboy

• Did Some1 Say Bocking? *BoingBoing*
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »

[/quote]
One thing I don't advise is Converse all stars...
[/quote]

I Tried it in my converse not comfy and my feet slipped out lmao
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Live Hard!\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Bock Harder!/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »
Converse + bocks= epic fail. I did it, too small and not well padded, if you could get them tight they would hurt. Epic fail :D skate shoes/chunky trainers FTW

:spudT:

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:30 AM »
I just wear my usual comfy trainers.

It doesn't help that my toes hand over the edge of the foot plate anyway because of my big feet.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 12:45:32 AM »
Thats not a bad thing and can be helpful when trying to get up unaided. My feet dont hang over the edge  :Cmask:

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 09:39:28 PM »
You have my sympathy Stewart I have size 13 feet and most of my toes hang over the end

Real pain is when you get to close to a 2 ft concrete step and drag your toes up the side of it bending them down (don't do much for your jump either  :Claugh:)

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
My feet hang over the edge of the plate even though i'm only size 9/10

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Sorry to bring up an old thread but found it to be more relevent to post here than start a new one, you where talking about converse been a bad idea and yes i totally agree, but ive found the converse trainers to be pretty good, i cant find a picture of them on any website to show you :S.
They have a big thick tounge and are pretty padded but are quite big, even tho i feel secure i want some nicer looking trainers that are smaller and lighter because at the moment it feels like ive got a brick on  my foot.

edit; found this pic of me >> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rOxJ-Rvzrmc/SpmROjzbJhI/AAAAAAAAAv8/6ypTRhT-lCM/s1600-h/Tom+Powerbocking+stilts+sm.jpg
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:11:44 PM by TomH999 »

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »
tom, everyone much prefers zombie threads reappearing rathers than 50 asking the same thing i think.
on topic though they look like some pretty fresh classic style hightops, i loved bocking in skate shoes but they tend to fold under bindings so i now prefer something a bit thinner, currently using a shockingly old worn out pair of k swiss, but they sooooooo comfy

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »
haha yeah its skate shoes or big padded trainers FTW

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline TomH999

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
tom, everyone much prefers zombie threads reappearing rathers than 50 asking the same thing i think.

haha well i was hoping to get that response, i brought up an old thread once before on PP and got verbally attacked for bringing it back up...

I know what you mean about it folding under the bindings tho, i have some other trainers but the tounge isnt big enough and the back of the shoe is too thin and my heel slides up and down.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:22:01 PM by TomH999 »

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »
I know what you mean about it folding under the bindings tho, i have some other trainers but the tounge isnt big enough and the back of the shoe is too thin and my heel slides up and down.

That has to be one of the most annoying things, i get it all the time if i wear my skate shoes. Rubs the skin raw :(
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline TomH999

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
yea it irritating and i want to be able to wear thinner trainers but it just rubbes at the back of my ancles and and the front coz of the bindings.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
Had same problem, and I know it isn't cool but do your shoes up as tight as possible.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 02:21:51 AM »
lol doin ur shoes upo isnt cool :o dammit i fort i was hip XD

hehe yer i tried out my animal skater shoes and tbh thts the best shoe ever

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 05:36:19 PM »
Sorry to post off topic but this is the first time I've seen K-rocks avatar
and I have to say it's EPIC!!! HAHA! ^_^ Poor guy!

I guess one of the best solutions is to just wear whatever shoes you find
most comfortable, then fill the gaps with a strip of pipe insulation foam.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
or snow board bindings and pretty much any shoes

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”