Author Topic: What Did You Do Before You Discovered Bocking?  (Read 15955 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: What Did You Do Before You Discovered Bocking?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
dancing in shows, on podiums, even pole dancing at stringfellows, Ooer missus.  :Cbiggrin:
-----------------------------
throwing myself down stairs, climbing flats, i got to the the 5th floor before falling off, lol.
an extra in adverts, the Spice Girl movie, a low budget gangster film and James Bond film.
Oragami.
bungee jump and will be asking people for Sponsors for an Accelerated free fall parachute jump
Im always up for a dare and want to try everything at least once.
Jelly x

Ok. Jelly wins the coolest back story award! :Cnotworthy:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:33:50 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
heya

i do think we are all a bit extremists  :Cbiggrin:

me I did (and still do) madness skiing, snowboarding
I loved to do free climbing - that certainly gives an adrenaline rush - especially when you are stuck and nobody is around and ur mobile just fell 70 feet down  :Ctwitcy:
skating
archery just for the Robin Hoods sake
mountain running - mountain - that is sth not really recognizable over here in britain - it is a big hill on a hillie on top of a hillie and so on  :Claugh: and from middle on it is covered in snow and ice lol

i saw bocking on youtube by chance when I was looking for a cool way of getting my a.. from one place to another - and voila instead of a ripstick I chose projumps - and I never regreted it  :Cwink:

only thing that is a bit annoying is that I am a trigger so far - but i think i convinced someone in my current living town to become one - back home some of my friends were convinced and r on them now - spreading the bocking to the mountaineous area of Austria  :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Well as you've resurrected this post I have gotta use the coolest line  :Cbiggrin:

I used to Kill people for MI5  :Claugh:

Only joking folks (line adapted from a fish called wanda )  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
don't u mean - u killed people on the MI5  :Claugh:

going with the speed of 20mph  :PJ101Ian:

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
Did LARP for a number of years, cycling, ice skating, blading, came across bocks when I was searching for ways of making a costume and totally forgot about the costume... though I have not bocked since August last year due to a motorbike accident where I got rear ended, then the bad weather hit, then I got involved in a accident at work... now I am relatively healthy again I'll probably need to start form scratch.

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
used to Kite board and mountain board. when i first discovered alex and the RR's used to bring the board along just to keep up haha :P :Cnotworthy:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
Whats your nickname FunkyCowie

"Lucky"   :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2:  :CGEEK:

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
 :Claugh: No... Past couple of year things in general have been fine... but for some reason I am more accident prone almost like the world is out to get me  :Ccry:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
We must be related mate  :Claugh:

I have had a whole life being an accident waiting to happen  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »
 What Did You Do Before You Discovered Bocking????

walked everywhere  :Cfrown:

Offline Jahkk

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
Before I started I basically didn't do any sport at all, except a little ju-jitsu (once a month or so, when my brother needed a sparring partner) and Iaido (school of Eishin if you happen to know it). I do not know how I coped...
So I can write anything here and it'll show up at the end of every post, right?

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »
Hmph... been doing martial arts long time ago, then moved on to roller blades, then moved on to parkour, then tried break dance.. and then i kind of cracked my wrists and they always crack when i flex them ^^ so atm i'm stuck with bocking ^^ even tho i've already developed a crack in my shoulder after kissing the road i'm not giving up yet!

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
@leorus was the road okay? did it press charges?  :Claugh:

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »
it asked me to at least buy her a breakfast and after that was trying to become my every day routine.... i feel as if i found a stalker...

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
oh good good :)