Author Topic: how to start?  (Read 5709 times)

Offline kirsty

how to start?
« on: January 24, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »
im just about 2 buy my first pair of pro-jumps (as soon as they get more in stock!!) and i was just wondering wats the best way to start. there is a large park where i live but im not sure how it would be on grass? i had a go on a pair in the summer when i was at a guide/scout camp and i thouroughly enjoyed it!! also does anyone know if there are any teaching/helping events (ie. for learning how to filp ect.) that happen in scotland? as i live near glasgow, it could be quite expensive to travel to an event in england! thanx!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:05:05 PM by kirsty »

Dark Knight

Re: how to start?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:06:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kirsty.

You've made a good start by joining here, there a lot of topics which will help and if you have a problem we are more than happy to help you.

The rubber on stilts are great on the hard stuff but not so good on grass. Most poeple cover the hoof with either a tire ( off-road ) but some use Jasons " Hoofies "  :Hoofies2:
Learning on your own is hard if you can find a local group join them, we enjoy meeting new people and you'll pick a lot up from watching others.
There's not many near you but it's like a snow ball once they see you more will follow, you'll not be a Tigger for too long.   :Csmile:

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:17:20 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline kirsty

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:24:57 PM »
thank you! i'll move onto harder ground once i can stay up!! also- what weight should i go for- i weigh 65kg so would the 80s better than 70s?

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
thank you! i'll move onto harder ground once i can stay up!! also- what weight should i go for- i weigh 65kg so would the 80s better than 70s?
It would be easier to learn on flat hard ground first just rember to wear pads !
Has for size 10 - 20Kg over would be right for most people, how fit are you ?
This will help
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.msg15598#msg15598

One thing that should be of help is this
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1247.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:43:11 PM by Dark Knight »