Author Topic: Ready for backflip  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Ready for backflip
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:30 PM »
Ready for backflip

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EJMzWLiqDts&fmt=18

We have a new bocker amongst the ranks. Jake who is 12 and has been bocking just a few weeks since christmas. He's been to 2 gym sessions with us. First one he nailed his front flips, the second yesterday he nailed his backflips! Awesome kid, no fear and a natural talent....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:20:59 PM by webmaster »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Ready for backflip
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
truly fantastic, what a great talent, thanks for sharing  :thumbs:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
Woah that was awesome  :o Congrats  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »
put me to shame for sure!!
Well done!! Looking good =]

Love

Mini Ellis xxxx

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
Great vid Locky really enjoyed it.. The only thing is the guy with the black track bottoms and no shirt, he's put me off learning back fleeeps.. He looks like he's gonna break his neck every time he tried at first. LOL Its probably just me being too cautious but it looked so close a couple of times.. But great progress from the Welsh Bockers  :P

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:02:23 PM »
Yeah but sometimes you just gotta let them spread their wings and see what happens. It's not like he'd have died landing on his head, the mats are pretty thick.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:45:55 PM »
What's the worst that could happen? :P

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
Fair Play!

I went out for the firdt time with all my pads on at the weekend. Had great fun! Was running and tucking pretty well. Video to follow, can't wait to get down to a gym meet.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »
well done to them both, the dude, "wobbles" was it was tucking in the air rather than starting the flip from take off which is why he was landing on his head to start with, i dont think it will take him long though

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 11:44:57 PM »
That's incredible! ^_^ Is that his second time on bocks, or just his second time in a gym?
Either way, fantastic! He got it so quickly! Makes me want to go out and try a new flip.
Inspirational. ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.