Author Topic: I told u i could do it XD  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
I told u i could do it XD
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:00:07 PM by webmaster »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: I told u i could do it XD
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
The vid is set to private..play with some settings  :Cwink:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
wicked, well done man, thats impressive

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »
It still looks like a 7 to me. But I'm very willing to be corrected by a gymnast or trampolinist.
Very impressive whatever it is. =) Well done!!! =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
¬¬ dont c y ppl cant c it at 3 seconds is the first 360 6 seconds the 2nd 360 and 9 seconds the 3rd 360 the a bit extra coz i was spinning to fast

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
I can see it, you do one twist on the way up then 2 and a bit on the way down. we see your sexy 6 pack 3 times

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
¬¬ dont c y ppl cant c it

Maybe becauses it's not happening. I really think it's a 720...
+90 so it's an 810. ^_^ That's still really impressive though
dude. Most people can't even back flip, let alone back flip
with two full twists! ^_^

Ask a trampolinist. There must be trampolining forums. That way
you'll know for certain... or everyone else will know for certain.

With the power of suggestion it's easy for people who don't know better to believe it's a triple, because you're so certain and because they read your commentary and think "yeah, I can see his abs/face three times." But everyone I've shown (without asking them - Is this a 720 or a 1080? - But simply, "How many spins does he do?") replies two and a bit.

I'm not deminishing the achievement. I think it's awesome. And if it is 1080 even better. But I just don't see it. So a professionals opinion would really clarify things.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »
i see it greg it is a 1080. you see his face 3 times so it must be.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
¬¬ dont c y ppl cant c it

Maybe becauses it's not happening. I really think it's a 720...
+90 so it's an 810. ^_^ That's still really impressive though
dude. Most people can't even back flip, let alone back flip
with two full twists! ^_^

Ask a trampolinist. There must be trampolining forums. That way
you'll know for certain... or everyone else will know for certain.

With the power of suggestion it's easy for people who don't know better to believe it's a triple, because you're so certain and because they read your commentary and think "yeah, I can see his abs/face three times." But everyone I've shown (without asking them - Is this a 720 or a 1080? - But simply, "How many spins does he do?") replies two and a bit.

I'm not deminishing the achievement. I think it's awesome. And if it is 1080 even better. But I just don't see it. So a professionals opinion would really clarify things.

dude i am a trampolinest and i asked my coach b4 i broke my self and showed her the vid and she could c it ¬¬ dont no y u cant

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »
Because we're not gymnastically trained, Greg? lol

I don't know why you're so hostile about it, I can only count a 900 spin on it, I even got a spoon and reproduced your movements in 3D, watching your right hand side rather than your head and chest, and I worked it out to be 900.

The problem with the video is the angle is straight on, ideally it needs to be filmed from the side to count rotations so we can focus on a fixated point that only rotates in one direction (e.g. your hip).
The front view makes it hard to count as not only is your head/chest rotating around your vertical axis (from the rotation), but also round the horizontal axis of the flip. The side view would only rotate in one direction as the direction of the flip would be perpendicular (rather than parallel) to the viewpoint of the camera, so it wouldn't affect the view.

The two directions of rotation trick the brain as it looks like more than it really is, with 1 direction of rotation people would be able to count/see the rotations better.

I've attached a diagram if it helps explain all that better.

Incase that all confuses you, here it is simply put - The front view of the backflip, you see your face, then back, then face, which adds a 360 spin to it; From side view this wouldn't happen as we'd be focused on your side
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:15:00 PM by sprog »

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
sprog u just confused the crap outta me XD i know what u meen but i still dont c how u cant c the 3 spins i watched it about 30 times b4 i posted it just to be sure i know it is so i still dont c how u cant c it

Offline lynch

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »
the next step it to do it on stilts  :PJ101John:

Offline lynch

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »
you posted that as i was typing it is defo 3 spins

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
watch the top of his shorts at the front! you see them 3 times so must be 3 spins

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
watching face, chest legs, both sides everything i count 3 and a bit, even with compensating for the fact there's a back in it, but whatever way it is it's still stupidly good

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
Agree with DG, whatever the hell it is, it's still better than most of you could do :P

(My bets are on paul saying something first)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
i dont like to disappoint so

Wham bam its cheese and ham.

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
i asked my coach... ...and showed her the vid and she could c it

Fair enough then. Well done. ^_^ You use "¬¬" almost as much as I use. "^_^"
Cheer up. I said it was good whatever it was. ^_^ Be happy! Congrats!

But I still don't see it. Neither did 10 of the 11 people I showed it to.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:16:14 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »