Author Topic: 3d effect bocking images  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Bikes , boozes , bocks
  • ?
Re: 3d effect bocking images
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »
talking of multi cams, how many bockers have dreamed about having a matrix style 360 pic with multi camera's?
imagine a backflip or summat mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You would need at least 25 cameras at make it look good and a way of setting each camera on in turn.
You can buy cheap camera's for as litlle as £10 each ( £10 x 25 = £250 ) remember they must all be the same make of camera for this to work.

You could remove the shutter buttons and add a wire lead.
One wire could be fitted to a metal disk ( small rimmed wheel ) the second mounted around the out side. A contact on the rimmed would then in turn trigger each switch in turn.
The fastter the wheel is turned the closer the photo's would be taken, the wheel could be spun upto speed and a switch pressed to set the camera's off.
By adding a video camera in the set would give the full Matrix action

I'd explain better but I've just thought of it !
Nero what would you pay for pictures like that ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:58:45 AM by Ghost Rider »

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
thats a very good question, ill consider that and get back to ya in a pm

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
Why not just mount two identical cameras next to each other and trigger them at the same time. Some camera's come with remotes so can set both of that the same time the two picture can then be fine tuned where the to setting are off and where the framing needs cutting.
Because they also have to be set to a specific angle depending on the distance they are apart, due to the way we percieve 3D. You can't just put them parallel side-by-side, it won't work.
Hence why old-style anaglyph 3D projectors require 2 projectors pointing slightly inwards from either side of an auditorium, if you just put them side by side it wouldn't work and you'd end up with a blurry messy image that causes headaches.

You would need at least 25 cameras at make it look good and a way of setting each camera on in turn.
You can buy cheap camera's for as litlle as £10 each ( £10 x 25 = £250 ) remember they must all be the same make of camera for this to work.

You could remove the shutter buttons and add a wire lead.
One wire could be fitted to a metal disk ( small rimmed wheel ) the second mounted around the out side. A contact on the rimmed would then in turn trigger each switch in turn.
The fastter the wheel is turned the closer the photo's would be taken, the wheel could be spun upto speed and a switch pressed to set the camera's off.
By adding a video camera in the set would give the full Matrix action

I'd explain better but I've just thought of it !
Nero what would you pay for pictures like that ?
You would need far more than 25 cameras, that would give you 25 frames which would equal one second of footage... far too fast. I'd say at least 180 cameras to give a nice smooth rotation and decent timeframe. They don't all need to be the same make, due to a little thing called photoshop, simply resize and crop all the images to the same size and you're sorted. That way you can also touch things up and fix stuff you don't like.

There is no need for a video camera, due to the fact that playing back the frames in sequence would give a moving image at 25fps if the cameras were set off one after another at intervals of 0.04 seconds apart. Using a flywheel with wires attached would become very messy and complex as the flywheel would have to be in the centre... where the bocker would be. Using a computer controlled system linked to a large number of networked digital cameras would be much easier.

By the way, welcome back DK ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:57:10 PM by sprog »

Offline Ghost Rider

• Bikes , boozes , bocks
  • ?
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »
I did say I had just thought it may have worked ?
You maybe right Sprog about 25 camera's but I still think you should use all the same camera's.
I did say only 25 because each camera adds to the cost and wiring of swtiches. I work at a Tesco's and we get camera's in boxes of 25 maybe get two boxes then.
I wouldn't have a clue how to set up swtiches on a computer.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
DK FTL

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »
Easiest way would be with a few high speed cameras and a rotary track then you could just edit out what you want and no timing involved jut a continuous vid to cut together

Would be scarry being in the middle of it though as the cameras would have to turn at about 2 revs a second  :Claugh:

Could do it on a fast roundabout at the fair  :Claugh: or even better the old Chair-o-plane

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
That's an even better idea Jason ;D

We could always use an LG viewty, they shoot at 120fps :Csmile:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »
We could always use an LG viewty, they shoot at 120fps :Csmile:
I have that fone :) coz it's red lol. The camera has to be the best part of that phone. I don't think I like anything else about it that much. Except the goldfish on the screen :D

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »
It's the only reason I want one Spud! haha

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
I wouldn't recommend you get one. I dont like the touch screen. Its just not that good at being a good phone. And its not a great camera. As a camera/phone. Its avarage. The camera is good for a phone but the phone part is not so great. And I dont like the touch screen. And I wish I could have it so my inbox was better. Coz atm you can only see like 5 messages. It just means there is a lot of scrolling to go back to any old ones.

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 10:42:07 PM »
If you could trigger a fast camera remotely (radio not wired) it would be very easy

Find one high fixing point (tree or similar) attach string to point then get a control line plane and mount the camera then set it up to do a constant low circle and trigger the camera once the orbit had stabilised (getting the camera angle right would be a bit trial and error)

And good luck with stopping the thing between shoots  :Claugh: ohh and don't bounce to high  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 12:30:08 AM »
I suggest we design some form of camera rig and assemble it at the next lincoln gymfest ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »
knew i shoulda kept my mouth shut on that one  :Csmile:
it would make great footage though, im keepin my other ideas to myself now though or i know i will see em on other peoples vids as im just not motivated enough at times

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”