Author Topic: AUBRIA 2009 , CZECH REPUBLIC  (Read 10456 times)

Offline skuricz

AUBRIA 2009 , CZECH REPUBLIC
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
                                                   AUBRIA - INTERNATIONAL JUMPERS MEETING
                                                                     DATES: 24.- 26.7.2009

Aubria 2009 (latin = jumper) is the biggest international meet for Jumpers from all over the world.
3. rd year of this event will take place at 24.7. - 26.7.2009 in Ostrava. Thanks to the extraordinary program, complete organisation and duration of the event, plus importantly our partners it is the most unique jumping event!
It is always very highly rated by all our previous participants who are coming back each year. We have prepared yet another attractive program full of activities for our 3rd year again for the jumpers and as well for the spectators with the jumping competition and show.

:Becky:  AUBRIA IS FOR BEGINNERS AS WELL AS FOR EXPERIENCED JUMPERS :Becky:
                                         :Nero: IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT BRAND OF STILTS YOU USE :Nero:
                                  :PJ101John: DON´T HAVE ANY STILTS? DON´T WORRY, WE CAN LEND YOU SOME! :PJ101John:

Take part in this unique event, come and enjoy unforgetable experiences and gain new friends!
                               Join the MM REALITY JUMPING CUP (A high Jump competition with great prizes!).
                                                             Meet jumpers from all over the World.
                             If you want to know something about Aubria 09 or about last events, contact me.
                                                      AUBRIA 2009 - BECAUSE IT´S FUN TO JUMP

MORE INFO, PHOTOS, VIDEO AND REVIEW FROM LAST YEARS EVENT CAN BE FOUND AT

WWW.AUBRIA.EU
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:35:51 AM by skuricz »

Offline JumpinJim

Re: AUBRIA 2009 , CZECH REPUBLIC
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
Sounds Awsome! I'd be well up for going? Can't get onto the website though  :Cno:

Do you know how much it is?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »
The site worked ok for me  :Cnah: Anyhoo, according to the site it costs 3000 czk. Google said it was £95 at the mo. Thats pretty good. Includes accommodation, transport while you are there and the stuff you do.

Thats all I know lol, I hope all the EAs dont go  :Cwideeyed:

:spudT:

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »
Maybe I just can't get it at work! I'll try it at home later..

£95 is great though! I'm gonna have a serious look into this! We could get a Mini bus of EA's an go on a....

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!  :Cwink: :Cbiggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:28:36 PM »
Noooo! I have a big ish event maybe lined of for the EAs for the 25th I think!

and...I cant afford more bocks and a holiday lol

Offline skuricz

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
yes, price is 3000 czek and that includes accomodation in hotel, transport during this event and great program. You can enjoy jumping enough and than something more :Cbiggrin: last year we were in rope center, tried archery, water ski,jumping into a water, trainning with trampolines and mattres. Finnaly was a jumping show - Range of motion showed what they do :) it was awesome. For this year is program almost complete. And it will be great again :Csmile:

So if you want to come, please reserve your places on my mail: honza@firemky.cz
There is discount for reservation until February.
if you want to know something, just write here or email

Skuricz
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:16:16 AM by skuricz »

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
I'll have to check if my passports upto date :)

Offline skuricz

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
For all those who might possibly be interested I recommend highly to book as soon as you can for a few reasons!

1. Places can fill up quite fast on this one because its a great event and people from all over europe (maybe even a few from further this year) come.

2. Cost! Its much cheaper the earlier you sign up (ill explain more in detail further down)

think of it like a holiday, but a really really cheap one with great events going on. Its 3 days again like last year, and those are 3 full days of thigns to do. The hotel is covered in the cost and so is the transport to and from all the activities throughout the event.

SUMMARY OF THE COSTS
3000 czk for the 3 days including hotel, the programme, transport, the lot!
which is just under £100 or 105 Euros

But if you sign up early u get discounts on that.

* You will get 10% discount for reservation made till end of February 2009.
* You will get 5% discount for reservation made till end of April 2009.
* Group of 5 jumpers will pay just for 4! Valid for reservation made and deposit paid till end of May.

so if you sign up now before the end of february it will cost only £90 / 94.50 Euros
or if before April only £95 / 99.75 Euros

But better than that take advantage of the group offer. The vast majority of people on here have met atleast a few of the others due to the meets going on. so feel free to group and and pay together. If 5 of you sign up now then it will be down to £72 / 75.60 Euros each. Which is really worth doing

Offline skuricz

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
NEWS!!

If you are still thinking about your attendance on this event and only thing, which you want to know is, WHO WILL COME TOO,we have great news for you. List of participants who sent the entry form is on our web site  www.aubria.eu (xls).  (Last update 8.6.2009, + 3 participants).

And for those, who want to come: You must fill in our entry form (u can find it on www.aubria.eu) and than we will add you to the list of participants.

PS: if you have problems with transport, contact us, we will try to help you.

C U
Skuricz

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:07 AM »
Wow, what an awesome event
Cue long write up - or just lots of pictures for anyone who doesnt want to read!

I spent two days dismantling and packing my stilts, and my clothes - trying to make it all fit into the suitcase and weigh less than 20kg. Charged everything for the camera and packed that too.

Friday
2.45am - alarm went off, followed by leaving the house at 3.30am, to get to the airpoort for 4.30am to meet Carl. Checked in no problem, but Carl's bag was too big... involved walking round to another place so they could check it in. Apparently they x-ray the checked in luggage too, and were rather confused with the x-ray of Carls bag, and asked to search it! He then spent the next 5minutes explaining what they were to the x-ray man!

Finally all checked in and ready to go we were off to find the plane!

Arrived in Prague airport and found our way to the bus stop :) then managed to get on the correct bus, and pay the right amount of money (although I got very confused as they have 50CZK notes and coins) Got to the train station with no trouble at all...

After carrying bags down 4? 5? flights of stairs (they weigh a lot - clothes and stilts) we finally found the ticket office! Then had to work out what we needed to buy and from which of the desks! We spoke English, they spoke Czech and we ended up with the correct tickets :) :)

We had been told to look for a blue screen, apparently all the details of where our train would be and when would be on this screen. Found the screen, found some seats and made ourselves comfortable while we tried to decode the screen.... 10mins later we saw the only english word on the screen "Arrivals" oops!

Carried the bags back up 2 of the 4/5 flights of stairs to the "Departures" screen - this one made far more sense! Joined the huge crowd of people watching the screen and waited for our platform number to appear.

Apparently the whole crowd was waiting for our train as they all charged at the stairs in one go when the platform number arrived. We struggled along behind, up more flights of stairs to the platform!

The train was on time (exactly to the minute) :) and was a Harry Potter style train, with little cabins with slidy doors and everything! Carl and I joined 3 Czech people in a cabin, with our bags, and they helped us put them on a shelf out of the way. *3 hours later* we arrived in Ostrava, the very helpful Czech people got my bag back down for me and left the train. We got off at our stop and followed the Poweriser bag we had spotted down two more flights of stairs and out of the station into the carpark, where we introduced ourselves to the owner of the poweriser bag, who unsurprisingly was also headed to Aubria! :) David came and collected us from the station and took us to the Town Hall where thre were lots of bockers already bocking!

We then went to the hotel we were staying in to unpack. We were in a room of 6 bockers, and each person arrived to a welcome card and gift! Think we took over the entire hotel too - bockers everywhere!

In the evening we all went to Lanoven centru for a welcome party! "Mohito" was the theme of the night, and I challenge anyone to remember how many mohitos we drunk between us! After playing on the trampoline we were all welcomed to the event and given goody bags containing our event tshirt and our passes for the weekend, as well as several other goodies! The rest of the evening was spent with a Mohito in one hand whilst singing karoke, playing on the wii, meeting bockers from the 10? different countries represented (including Czech Republic, UK, Austria, Germany, Russia, Belarus and Poland) and more Mohitos!

Saturday
We were up early for breakfast, and then went to a sports ground for the mornings competitions! Womens 100m was first, with two heats, followed by the mens 100m at which point it started to rain :( we all crowded under the trees (not that that made any difference to the rain) and waited for it to stop.... it didnt! So several people continued bocking in the rain, until we were all so soaked we went to have food!

After a huge lunch David had managed to organise an indoor gym for us to use, so the rest of the afternoon was spent bocking in an indoor dome tennis centre! Lots of people trying new things on the crash mats, and a TV company were there filming too! By 5pm we were all shattered, but a large group went to visit the local mining museum!
Sorry no photos, I was too busy bocking!

The evening was spent in the rope centre - a huge high ropes place. Lots of swinging from trees, climbing posts and then jumping from rope to rope took place, while everyone competed to build the highest crate tower!

We then ventured out in Ostrava and ended up with Mohitos!

Sunday
Later start Sunday morning, and then we were taken to a huge outdoor swimming pool!

On the field by the pool there were inflatables, trampolines, gift shops, food places... the event was open to the public as well as to us, but for us entry was free. After spending several hours on the trampolines, again, everyone went to watch the mens high jump heats. Anyone clearing 1.60m was into the final, but anyone could take part in the heats. The bar started low, and slowly people were knocked out as it got higher and higher.

After a bit of a break was the womens High Jump competition, which again everyone went to watch.

Elena from Belarus came 1st, Kamka from the Czech Republic came 2nd and I came 3rd!

Then it was the boys turn!

Radek from the Czech Republic came first with a height of 2m40?
Danny from the Czech Republic came 2nd, and ChriZ from Germany came 3rd

Third place winners!

Each person (1st/2nd/3rd) were presented with a medal and a goody bag, and 1st place also won a set of springs!

Uwe from Austria then flipped the sponsor's car

We then headed over to the other side of the pool to watch the team displays (via some lampposts)

The public that were attending the event were all seated ready to watch the displays, which started with Elena from Belarus.

The Czech team

The Range of Motion Team, plus Carl and Dawesome

The ROM+UK team won, and were presented with goody bags and a certificate from Half-Animal giving them free items from his online shop.

After a freestyle show by anyone who wanted to take part we then moved to the pier that went into the swimming pool, for a bit of a dip! (on bocks, obviously)

For the rest of the afternoon and evening we were free to enjoy all of the activities on offer. I spent the entire evening on a floating trampoline in the middle of the pool, and Carl took lots and lots of photos for us! :) thank you Carl :)

We all then spent the last few hours of the weekend writing down email addresses and taking photos of all the people we had met during the very busy 2 1/2 days we had been there.

Monday
This involved a return trip to England and was nowhere near as complicated as on the way there! Possibly as we had Dawesome helping us!

So a huge thank you to everyone that organised Aubria, to all the people who drove us around, and to everyone there. I had an awesome weekend, and am really looking forward to next years. Best of all, including flights and hotel and food, the whole weekend only cost about £400! When can I book for next years? :)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
I'm in next year :P

Simply because I want to see Carl Holding a ridiculous number of mohitos in the flesh! :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »
That floating trampoline is pure genius a soft landing whatever you do  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
Just read this now, dunnu how I missed it when you first wrote it, it seems like a fantastic event and a really well put together event and some serious fun! Awesome pics as well thanks for sharing Becky :)

Offline skuricz

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »
Hi everyone. Thanks a lot for Becky. Great  review and I am glad that u were content and u had o lot of fun. It was great because of u all people:) Now we are prepairing Aubria 2010. Maybe next week I ´ll give you some info.