Author Topic: Flips off Bocks  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Flips off Bocks
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
Hey, it's me again, being a pest as usual.

I've been learning flips off bocks, and can do fronts on a trampoline now.

But where can i go from there?

Does anyone have any ideas how i could learn flips off the trampoline, without killing myself? And also, what do i need to do to learn backs?

- Kaz

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Flips off Bocks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:46:22 PM »
on foot: mats/something soft, then grass etc?

backs: off a horse onto mats? only way i've seen them learnt on foot(spotters are a bonus)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »
Jump up and tuck like f**k, thats how you do backflips off your feet =]. For front flips just take a nice big run up, sorted =]

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:39 PM »
Thanks for the advice so far, can't wait to get out and practice.

Also, do any of you have a giant hair-dryer or something you could use to melt the snow with? it's p*ssing me off :D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:32:49 AM »
what do i need to do to learn backs?

Balls and commitment :)

Sounds like u need a gym where u can take ur stilts in.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
what do i need to do to learn backs?

Balls and commitment :)

Thats the truth.
also not looking over the shoulders helps backs loads  :Nero:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
Yeah there's not a lot of advice to give on back tucks. They're such a technically simple move. It's just courage and commitment. Jump as high as you can, and when you get there, tuck.

On foot - For a perfect back tuck keep looking forwards. Push your pelvis forwards and let your shoulders start the rotation instead of whipping your head back and arching your back. Whipping and arching seems easier at first, but it will never look as clean or get you as much height as looking forwards. Remember, jump up. Not back.

I learnt them on grass and bark. It took me about 2 hours. On bocks I would definitely recommend finding a gym with fellow bockers to throw crash mats in. I'm not confident with them yet since its a new trick for me. I can only do it with a crash mat... and not always then! lol. I don't seem to be able to do it with the technique described above either... I need an initial whip to start the rotation, then I tuck. ...But I imagine once you're good at them it's the same as a flip without bocks. (Is that right? - people who are good at them?)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:40:14 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
so were can i buy some of these balls and commitment from :D

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
Welshies do a pretty good offer - Sleep with Locky a few times and he'll lend you his. That's what Carl said anyway.

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
You can have mine. I won't need them after the sex change.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.