Author Topic: Ultimate ban  (Read 24013 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Ultimate ban
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
Naz said 95.55, Toddy said 99.5, has nobody noticed that?
Yes, me 3 hours ago   :Mlaugh:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
as naz was doing dhl figures and i was doing RM's figures

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
yeah, but everyone keeps comparing 95.55 to 95.5 and i dont see why O.o only naz said 95.55.... 95.5 was never mentioned... O.o

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
No, I think its only DK who was...

But anyhoos..Think this thread has been hijacked enough now. Everybody has said what needs to be said I think  :Cmask:

So back to being banned from bocking, man that sucks. Hopefully you will be bocking soon wolf. Just dont show them any youtube vids  :Cwink: or "cool pics" that make it look dangerous. My mum was a nightmare about bocking to begin with. But its not impossible. I have wanted chickens for 5 years, I asked at least every month, loads around brithdays and xmas and one day she just said yes to me having one chicken woohooo! Now I have 4 :D

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »
well naz i got to say royal mail is even better they normally pride them selfs on 99.5%
and normally even less
No, I think its only DK who was...

But anyhoos..Think this thread has been hijacked enough now. Everybody has said what needs to be said I think  :Cmask:

So back to being banned from bocking, man that sucks. Hopefully you will be bocking soon wolf. Just dont show them any youtube vids  :Cwink: or "cool pics" that make it look dangerous. My mum was a nightmare about bocking to begin with. But its not impossible. I have wanted chickens for 5 years, I asked at least every month, loads around brithdays and xmas and one day she just said yes to me having one chicken woohooo! Now I have 4 :D

Offline wolf

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
well how can they ban you?

what is next they ban you from driving?  :Cnah:

by simply not enabling me to buy them, I don't have a card of any kind to use myself so I need one of theirs

ha! the funny thing is they said they would rather I learnt to drive than got some bocks as bocking would not benefit me!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »
 :banghead: Ok....

Naz about DHL
Just checked their stats on deliveries made for us over the last few months for a 24hr service within the UK mainland, and they have consistently managed to get 95.55% or above

Toddy about Royal Mail
well naz i got to say royal mail is even better they normally pride them selfs on 99.5%

You about I don't know what

First 95.5% is less than 95.55%  !
Your OWNED
Made no sense, nobody had talked about 95.5%. What would it matter if 95.5% is less, so is 93% and 90%. It has no real relevance as far as I can see.

I was talking to toddy !?
I believe he was saying 99.5 was more than 99.55   :Ctwitcy:
You got in a bit of a muddle here

yeah, but everyone keeps comparing 95.55 to 95.5 and i dont see why O.o only naz said 95.55.... 95.5 was never mentioned... O.o
And Kaz did too I think. It was 99.5 and 99.55 that were being compared.

The correct figures are as stated in this thread are

DHL:99.55
Royal Mail: 99.5

Those are the only figures given, the rest are people getting confused.

Back on topic...Wolf, bocking is such a benefit. Its like confidence and fitness, shame you cant buy any :( Keep begging  :Cwink:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
Here's an argument for you Wolf

Lots of people have accidents in cars (expensive painfull possibly fatal)
Driving meanes you walk less (less exercise bad for your health
alone in a car you don't meet people (unless they are punching you for cutting them up)

Bocking good cardiovascular exercise
Yes you fall over but so far not many serious injurys (touch wood  fingers crossed )
Go out bocking you can make lots of new healthy friends

Net result
Cars = bad for your health (end up as couch potato)
Bocking = healthy fit confident young man with lots of nice friends

Sounds like a case of teenager abuse to me  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Ps you do need a car to get to bocking meets so they arn't all bad  :Claugh:

Dark Knight

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »
Wolf has you can tell we are a friendly bunch :)

And what Jason said LOL

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:49 PM »
Plus, on another note, bocks are far cooler than cars.

How many cars can jump 6-9 feet in the air?

Case Closed. *stamps hoof* :Hoofies2: */stamp*

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 12:31:03 AM »
With a car can you run at 20mph? Yes, if you're hanging onto the door whilst someone else drives it, but you may die.
Otherwise, no, you have to sit and be boring and let the wheels push you. Boring.

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 12:36:44 AM »

Transformers??? :Cwink: :Ctongue:
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 08:22:30 PM »
transformers dont count ¬.¬

Dark Knight

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »
transformers dont count ¬.¬
Why not !
That's a great answer LOL

Offline wolf

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »
lol I tried but they just are not impressed :( far to old fasioned and set in their ways by far  :CSLEEP:

I tried telling them I have accidents riding my bike and that my friends mum fell off her bike and broke both her forearms and wrists + a thumb and so bocking was just as risky but they would not believe me  :Cno:

and as for the keeping fit they say karate does that for me, I meet new people there and it is better as I am being taught etc

ugh its like running against a brick wall but I can see where they are coming from about needing a car and I admit I will need one to get to meets  :Cwink: but currently I just don't feel ready to learn to drive they let my sister wait till she was 20 but just because what I want to do as a job will mean moving away and probably driving they are pushing me to learn  :Cfrown:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »

Transformers??? :Cwink: :Ctongue:

Rally cars. Especially in the X games. You should have seen Travis Pastrana and the late great Collin Mcrae. He did a jump, rolled the car completely over back on to it's wheels and carried on driving. He missed 1st place by less than a second I think! ^_^ Ken Block has jumped a car well over 100ft. And a few people have made them do barrel rolls in the air. And they go a lot faster than bocks... I have to disagree that bocks are cooler than cars! ...But they're definitely cheaper!!! ^_^ (unless you buy second hand).

Wolf I think you're a little old to let your parents tell you what you can and cannot buy with your money. I think everyone assumed you were 13 or something when you said your parents banned you from buying them. Just go to the bank, get a card, and buy the bocks! Or get a friend to buy to them. You must have friends with cards. And respectfully explain to your parents that you're old enough to make such decisions for yourself.

...Unless they threaten to disown you or something. Bocks are Uberly cool, but they're not worth falling out with your family... unless... no it's not worth it. But it's close! LOL.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:56:49 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »
cars doing flips eh.....?

:CGEEK:

just my 2c

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »
You love that video don't you Carl?

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
i do

and i love u!   :Cwink:

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
okay, so you've all proven me wrong. But still..... none of the cars you're talking about LANDED the flips very well :D

Offline wolf

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 09:40:02 PM »
NeoNinja I agree completly with you and I would if I could in a heartbeat but you also correctly identified the reason why I won't, they will kick me out the house if I do :(

so considering they are currently offering to pay $1000 of the £3000 I need to somehow raise to get to africa I think I had better try to stay in their good books  :Crolleyes:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
Yeah. Fair enough dude. Shame though. =(

okay, so you've all proven me wrong. But still..... none of the cars you're talking about LANDED the flips very well :D

How about this one? ^_^

Yes. It's from an old Bond movie.

And this is the big jump I was talking about.
&feature=related

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:59:26 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.