Author Topic: Criticism wanted...  (Read 3295 times)

Offline lurchenstien

Criticism wanted...
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:34 AM »
If you will, on the first track on this profile: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=384277026

I've been messing about on Fruityloops7, and this is the most recent track I've been working on.

Ta muchly.

L

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Criticism wanted...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:01 AM »
1: eww fruityloops, hould use something better :P (i use openMPT, but not many people are into oldschool trackers these days)
2: not too bad, has a sortof generic feel to it though  (where'd you get your samples, i have a hole in my collection when it comes to electronica type stuff
3: ypour profiles bugged, it's freaking huge with a google link far top right :D background colour needs changing aswell, black on black isn't very nice to read

but still better than most of the junk i churn out from ime to time

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
If you will, on the first track on this profile: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=384277026

I've been messing about on Fruityloops7, and this is the most recent track I've been working on.

Ta muchly.

L

Your Profile Pic...

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:57:12 PM »
1: eww fruityloops, hould use something better :P (i use openMPT, but not many people are into oldschool trackers these days)
2: not too bad, has a sortof generic feel to it though  (where'd you get your samples, i have a hole in my collection when it comes to electronica type stuff
3: ypour profiles bugged, it's freaking huge with a google link far top right :D background colour needs changing aswell, black on black isn't very nice to read

but still better than most of the junk i churn out from ime to time

I used to mess about on Octamed, a tracker on the Amiga back in '93, but I've gone with FL now as I got it for only £25. I don't really use FL like it's supposed to be, I've rendered all the riffs and patterns useless die to the BPM I run FL at. I think some of the samples were off disc's on the CM magazine, and the rest on FL in one form or another. I had loads of samles I found on limewire, but I lost the disc's.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »
well it dosent matter what programs u use its which ever one does the job and the one that u feel u can use and feel is better for you

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
i got a minute into it, sorry just not my type of thing, the strings at the start are very typical of something thats come out of fruity loops though

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
I used to mess about on Octamed, a tracker on the Amiga back in '93, but I've gone with FL now as I got it for only £25. I don't really use FL like it's supposed to be, I've rendered all the riffs and patterns useless die to the BPM I run FL at. I think some of the samples were off disc's on the CM magazine, and the rest on FL in one form or another. I had loads of samles I found on limewire, but I lost the disc's.

take a look at openmpt then, it has a very new feel to it as most of it's mouse interfaced, lots of keyboard shortcuts i don't know yet though

and why would you pay for software? that'sjust silly :P

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
shhh darf we all buy software ;)

gawd its iegal not to shhhh :Ceek: :Cerr: :Cwideeyed: :Cradar: :Cchatterbox:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 06:34:27 AM »
ever heard of open source stuff?