Author Topic: EA bockers reputation  (Read 22581 times)

Dark Knight

Re: EA bockers reputation
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Dk, why did u leave so early ?
Two reasons
I had to make a phone call !?  LOL

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
warrington dnt give 2 flicks of a cows arse about safety

If you are serious about this Aiden, I'd get it in writing from the council that you already meet their H+S concerns.
It's one thing for someone to say it on the phone or face to face. It's another when someone else from the council are interrupting your meet telling you to stop because its dangerous.

Cover it all, it leaves them with nothing to hold against you.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 11:18:27 PM »
£350 isnt too bad. This is something I am seriously going to look into. I will get a quote at some point when I am not busy.

Anything at all would help Naz :) Thanks

Aidan, bocking is fun and I am glad you are getting on well with security there, but to say you dont care about the safety aspect is silly, because it is very important. If you are careless you get banned and get a bad rep.

:spudT:

Dark Knight

Re: Possible Feb Meet 21st
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »
I should have said this on the other topic ?

I got there early to do something and while bocking needed to get a drink. I could see the drinks just inside the door and the counter next to it so bocked streight towards the door when a thin olderly man jump out the door waved to me and point blank said " You can't come in here ! ".

It was on the road near the castle and I was just wondering had any EA's been ban for any small newsagents near there ? Has he did give me a chance to get near the door !

I bocked into a shop a couple of door up and got a drink. LOL

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
This is the right thread for that kinda stuff.

As far as I know we are not banned from any news agents. But then, the EAs dont really go in them, in fact, we keep away from shops. We go on teh market and somebody usually De-bocks and goes to tescos. I dont see the point in going in shops with bocks.

Dark Knight

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
I find bocking easier than walking and was pasting the shops. The display was almost in arms reach ?
It ws the way he reacted so quickly made me think he'd met bockers before !
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:21:04 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »
Maybe he had, we are not the only ones DK.

At the mo I am feeling hugely out of my depth with this. I am not sure what steps to take.

This is where we are, and I want us to be keep a good reputation, be able to bock at many places and try and get back at the forum.

And I have ideas, and people have suggestions but there is just more than I can take in right now. If I am doing this alone then you are gonna have to bear with me, because I can only commit so much time and effort.

Now, I think the first step would be to contact the council. And I am even finding that daunting. I have no idea how I go about this, what I can suggest. I am way out of my depth but I want to do stuff. I just cant do it on my own.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »
http://www.norwich.gov.uk/webapps/contact/contactus.asp

I'd fill in the form on there or even put something (recorded!) in the post and include photos of the forum and people on stilts.

http://www.norwich.gov.uk/webapps/atoz/service_page.asp?id=1500

There are contacts for the sports development team there. Dont address this to them but I would give them a call and discuss the situation. They are going to be more involved with indoor sports but with summer coming, outdoors is where bocking is going to be. This should interest them, however cardiff council have zero interest in developing bocking. Hopefully Norwich wont be so bad. Maybe even ask to meet with them or to meet with someone who job is better suited at dealing with this.
I wouldnt mention insurance unless they ask about it. Sure its great to be part of a group that is big enough to be considering group insurance but dont forget there could be many rogue bockers in the area who may also want to go bocking at the forum.

Mention Norwich was a strong contender for CB. Really emphasize the fact its the largest meet in the world, attracting visitors from ameirca specifically for the event, and that now because of this ban, it's unlikely CB will be at Norwich.

If you get nowhere, ask them to call me. I have much experience in shoving a stilt in a council officals arse. Hopefully they will be nice and understanding.

http://www.norwich.gov.uk/webapps/councillors/councillors.asp

Find out who is the local councillor for the area that covers the forum. Get them on it. IT is there job to represent you.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
Thank you so much Locky! I think I will write for sure and include some pics and fill in that form. Is it Ok to do both you think?

Clive sent me some great contacts, I think they are the same as on there :) but there are a couple more :) I hope Norwich will be supportive. The capital bocking thing is a very good point, along with what you said on Radiobock.

There appear to have 3 councilors for the area. But, although the forum is private. It has a lot to do with the council.

for now I am going to draft up some kinda letter

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »
May not be a great example but the whole area of cardiff bay where we go bocking is strictly speaking private. It's owned by Cardiff Harbour Authority, that are a branch of the council I guess. It's open access though, so we've kind of used that to our advantage.

It's not easy dealing with all of this, and even harder when you are on your own.
Where are the rest of the EA's!!!!!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »
Where are the rest of the EA's!!!!!!
Good question! And I think the forum is pretty similar in its position as the bay then..

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Right so i just got back from France to find you irresponsible lot have got us banned from the forum!! :P...disgraceful :). Anyways good luck on the letter writings Spud.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
You need to be careful Spud. There is a shopping complex in the bay which has its own security and they dont mind us walking through on stilts but anything more and they are on us quickly.

By the sounds of it, the shops are even closer in the forum so they may have a valid reason for you to not go there. Thats where you turn it on its head and say ok where can we go then? Any open parks and play fields are out of the question. You can bock on grass, but its often damp or wet which causes safety problems for us :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »
well i got to say that the bit we normally use is right on the edge of the place(if at the front),
and all the shops(cafe's) are on the inside.
and spud if i can help i will

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but my dads one of the people in charge of the property at Norwich Castle.. He told me on Sunday that they recieved a couple of complaints about people on stilts mucking around in the lift. I've told him that it was nothing but i think we could have some problems at the moat as well if we're not carefull,..

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
Yep! I hear what you are saying trip! I don't know what got into us last week but we were not really on our best behavior. I mean, we were allowed to use that lift lol, and we have before, but alarms got set of this time and stuff like that.

Don't take Norwich for granted. It's the best place we have and I don't want to lose it. I am happy to work on keeping us a good rep and I am trying to sort things out from last weekend but I really wont go to the effort again if people cant be responsible...not helping me fix stuff is one thing i can deal with...but undoing the effort I put in will be a step to far..so please, from now on can we all try to be a little more responsible :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »
"Dont make me angry. You wont like me when I'm angry."

Spud unleashed...coming to theatres Summer 2009.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 09:48:40 PM »
Spud

If you want me to talk to the Sports dev guys at Norwich on your behalf happy to do so.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »
"Dont make me angry. You wont like me when I'm angry."

Spud unleashed...coming to theatres Summer 2009.
Haha! LMAO! It's gonna happen  :Cerr:

Spud

If you want me to talk to the Sports dev guys at Norwich on your behalf happy to do so.
I am not sure I am understanding this sports dev stuff. I mean, errm. Does it mean we will get places to bock, what catches would there be?

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
just wondering... what do you define as a 'good place to bock'? lots of flat areas? obstacles? a mixture of both? people to watch and be wowed?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »
All of the above plus

Good places to eat
Good pub
Good first aid (very near a hospital for me)  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »
All of the above plus

Good places to eat
Good pub
Good first aid (very near a hospital for me)  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Krispie Kremes!!! Dam i wish we had them in norwich....best we have is good ol wheatgrass shots... xD

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »
Kaz, good places are large, usually concrete areas, flatter the better, small flights of stairs are popular and also anything you can jump off/on.

Can we try and keep this thread on topic lol. There is so much info I am gonna need to refere back to I dont wanna have to struggle to find it...

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:52 PM »
Sorry Spud, maybe you should impose fines for bad behaviour?

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
Sorry, last off-topic post.

Why not come to belford(where i live)... sounds good....

Lots of flat areas/things to jump onto/off of, got 2 pubs, a skate park, some nice empty roads for running around on... it's ideal really...

Even got an empty concrete farm track that you can go for runs up :D