Author Topic: Random Question From Bein Away For Abit  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Random Question From Bein Away For Abit
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
How good are the new model pro jumps with the calf cuffs etc

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Random Question From Bein Away For Abit
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
Are you on about the normal bocks that come with cuffs and bindings sold on PJ or the new new new things that are not out yet?

:spudT:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »
erm shows how long i been away the ones i can buy now more and what otha ones lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »
Yeah, leave us again and I will hunt you down  :Cwink:

Er, the bocks with the cuffs and bindings are just normal PJs with cuffs and bindings, you have to fit them yourself and stuff they just come in a bundle. I got the cuffs and bindings for my PJs and they are great, the cuffs take a while to set up just perfect, but once you got it right they are great, really secure and really comfy. The bindings are well worth having. I can get my bocks loads more secure.

They new new bocks are the, well they dont have a name yet I dont think, but erm, they are the "elites/upwings" great great great grandson. They are better now me thinks.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
ok kl cuz im gna try a spring change with a pair or springs that are layin around sumwer i dnt know wot weight they are or nethink but was thinkin of buyin a new set of bocks in tyme for gymfest

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
I would say...good idea  :Cwink: If you can afford them then do it. Because PJs are really good bocks. I love mine. And once you got a good pair it's easy to look after them. PJs are great, I would deffo go for it  :thumbs: Better to have a whole, decent pair if you can do it  :Cyes:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:09:54 AM »
yea im gna am gna start puttin in more hours at work but meets in the summer are gna b abit hit an miss if i go back to my summer job as its alot of hours and alot of money so i maybe more of a winter bocker but ill do my best to come to as much as i can

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
Hey Trix, the only thing I would say is that the current PJ models are using the carbon fibre spring, which in my opinion is stiffer then the fibreglass spring.

Basicaly with the fibreglass spring we used to advise people to get the next weight range up, so if you were 70kg we'd always say you want at least the M80's.
With the carbon fibre, I'm not so sure the same applies, or if it does, it doesnt apply as much.

A carbon fibre M80 spring is stiffer than a fibreglass M80 spring is what it comes down to.

I'd ignore any "coming soon" models. Until they are on sale, they dont really exist!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
I would still get 10kg over for sure. They are a bit stiffer but thats a good thing. 10kg over on the fiberglass wasnt that great, probs needed more but 10kg on the carbon fiber is good. TBH tho, I have only had carbon fiber's 20kg above me so, well, they were fine, took a bit of time to get used to them but now I can bottom them. Its all technique. And especially since you are already a bocker and you are good  :Cwink:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »
And especially since you are already a bocker and you are good  :Cwink:

[/quote]

thanks spud  :Cradar:

im gna order well over my weight anyways if i do get springs have managed to get a set 2getha dnt know how long they will last but r gd to get me bck in the swing of things

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
Haha, anytime trix :D

Glad you got a set together :) and I really hope you appear at a meet soon  :Cwink:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »
i can pretty much deffinatly say you will be seein me soon spud im nt gna say when jus gna suprise u  :Cwink:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 10:01:01 PM »
Words cannot describe like the banana dance can...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »
Strange about everyone saying the Carbon springs are stiffer (I've heard it from a few people)

It must be in the low and mid ranges as I found the higher ranges softer at the top of the spring and about the same at the bottom as the glass ones and much more comfy to bounce on

But as I always go for the highest weight they have at the time it's probably me getting fat  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »

But as I always go for the highest weight they have at the time it's probably me getting fat  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

It's not fat it's extra padding  :Ctwitcy: