Author Topic: Bocking Game?  (Read 10431 times)

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
Re: Bocking Game?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
I'm calling it a night here, everybody,

http://archieluxton.uuuq.com/bocking%20game%20test%204.swf

I just need to do the jumping animation, and we have a neater draft character!  ( although the walking animation is very dodgy, but i can't do walk cycles... :(   )

If anyone can assist with the flash work, that would be awesome, please just send me a PM, or an e-mail, and i will send you the .fla files :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:59:12 PM by Archie L »

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »
That looks cool so far :P i think you might need to put some waving arms in next xD...

Bocking isnt bocking without waving your arms around...

anyway, it looks good, i see you made the stilts bigger on the latest demo than on the still picture of redbocker/stilts.. i think they needed it :P

Was going to have told you, but you've already done it :D

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »
But be absolutely honest, please, people- is this the right bock:Body Ratio?
I'm not too sure :(

http://archieluxton.uuuq.com/bocking%20game%20character%20test%201.swf
They need  to be a little bit bigger, they don't quite come up to the right height yet. It's looking good so far though!

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 01:05:54 AM »
But be absolutely honest, please, people- is this the right bock:Body Ratio?
I'm not too sure :(

http://archieluxton.uuuq.com/bocking%20game%20character%20test%201.swf
They need  to be a little bit bigger, they don't quite come up to the right height yet. It's looking good so far though!

Thanks! I'll make sure to make them bigger for the next version, after i finish the jump cycle for the small bock man :)
I would like to start the real game in a few (days, weeks?) but I still need help, eg. pictures, backgrounds, character help, or any help in flash in general would be cool, I do know i keep saying that, but i do need the help :P

, Archie

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 01:13:13 AM »
Hey, I am totally no expert. And I dont have any time to spare really at the mo but I just finished doing an animation module at college. I did a bit of flash stuff. But, I dont think i could help. I only really did about boucy balls and I did a bumblebee too. And..I did a walk cycle. But I found it pretty hard. it worked tho.

maybe, if I get less busy I will let u know and if I can then do anything let me kno

:spudT:

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »

maybe, if I get less busy I will let u know and if I can then do anything let me kno

That'd be awesome if you could do anything to give me a hand, Especially with the walk cycle- Those things are impossible!

, Archie

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
Na its not..I got one around here somewhere, the one I did with paper was better lol but all you gotta do is use motion guides and stuff. Its a bit fiddley tho and I really dont have time to get addicted to doing flash stuff again.  :Claugh:

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »
Well, they're hard for me  :Claugh: I just can't see which leg goes, then how it bends, and how the other leg bends, and if the body's lower or not.... All just too much  :Cno:

I really dont have time to get addicted to doing flash stuff again.  :Claugh:

Many nights I often find myself on flash  :Claugh:

, Archie

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
Just an idea with regards to the walk cycle and stuff.... Why not video yourself/someone on bocks walking/running/jumping/doing tricks, and then remove the background and implement those as the graphics for the cycles. Would mean painting out the backgrounds but it means it'll look a lot better as it will be much more accurate... and saves you drawing every frame by hand :)

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »
Would mean painting out the backgrounds but it means it'll look a lot better as it will be much more accurate... and saves you drawing every frame by hand :)

We could do that, but it would probably be more practical just putting a new layer in, and tracing.. Well, not even tracing, Because i have all the limbs and stuff as their own symbol, so i can just move and rotate them, and it doesn't look bad if you do it right :) ( That's what I did in the latest test), But, if everyone would prefer the look of the video with the background taken out, I could always sit down and do that :) (Although it would take forever)

, Archie

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch