Author Topic: New MK3 Hoofies now available  (Read 31389 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
New MK3 Hoofies now available
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
Ok all at last the latest instalment in the Hoofies line

MK3 Hoofies

I think I have found the ideal material (Trail bike tyres) they last a long time (don't ask me how long I haven't worn a set out yet) so far mine have been on about 2 months and looks loike they will last a fair bit longer

Grip is as good as most Hoofs not quite as good as Hoofies Mk1/2 material in the wet but close one very important difference is that as they are made from motorcycle tyres they have to be worn in before getting maximum grip

The best way to wear them in is to have a good jumping session (about an hour or 2 depending on how hard you bock) on dry concrete or something similar

When they are first fitted they are like most tires in that they need wearing in before they reach max grip (about 5 mins on a bus lane or 15 on normal road/concrete so go slow at first especialy in the wet

The first pic is the kit you will get it consists of 2 Hoofies, 8 bolts and 16 nuts

This will cost £10 + £1 p&p in the UK (other countrys postage at cost) PM me for details and to order or check classified (when I figgure out how to work it  :Claugh:)

Now the bad bit you will be buying a Kit containing bits of rubber tyre and some nuts and bolts to do with as you want.
I don't guarantee them to do anything so if you hurt yourself don't blame me ( ie no guarantee )
I am making these for you lot not for profit as the amount I stand to make on them won't even pay what I make an hour at work but I enjoy making them and hope to enjoy seeing you all using them

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:16:20 PM by Jason »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Just using as a storage space Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »
Screw the bolts into the holes shown in this pic (they will be a tight fit) push them all the way into the deep holes marked (Deep)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
These two pics show where the bolts go and how they should look

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Fit the Hoofie to the hoof and run a nut on each bolt as shown below and tighten untill they just pull up (not too tight or they can pull through the rubber) If you can run 2 nuts on top and no thread shows as in the second picture that is tight enough

The only trouble you might have is clearance to get the second nut on the back bolts as the main hoof/spring bolt gets in the way so you might want to put both nuts on the rear bolts before you tighten the first one (it makes more sence when you see it and thanks to Spud for noticing this one  :thumbs:)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:30:53 PM by Jason »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »
Next add the second nut to each bolt and tighten it to lock the first nut in place
You will need two 8mm spanners one to hold the bottom nut and the other to tighten the top nut as in this pic (you can use a set of needle nose pliers on the bottom nut if your careful)
I also use loctite on the nuts (not really needed unless you are extreme  :Claugh:)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:12:57 PM by Jason »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 09:48:46 PM »
This is how they should look when finished the top nut locks the lower one and stops them coming undone (check them often after fitting to make sure they don't come loose)

You will notice a gap at the front as shown in the second pic don't worry about it this is normal and I didn't find it a trip hazzard during testing

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: New MK3 Hoofies now available
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
IMPORTANT

I must say once more that it is very important to use them for the first time on a dry rough surface as one of my testers went straight into a gym with them brand new and got very little grip but clive and I have both used them in the gym after a couple of hours on concrete and they grip just as well as the MK2 Hoofies

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:14:55 PM by Jason »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
They look awesome, Nice one Jason!

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
Ooh, they look nice.. Can I haggle the price down?  :Ctongue:
I might get some :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »
Thanks Naz took me long enough to get organized and put them on here  :Claugh:

Well Fysh you can save the postage I'll just deliver them at our next meet  :Ctongue:

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »

Well Fysh you can save the postage I'll just deliver them at our next meet  :Ctongue:

Ooh, that's an incentive! I'll try and get some money off y parents :CBiggrin:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »
Jason, did i ever mention that i was going to ask one of my friends about spare trials tires?

Is that where you got the idea?  >:(

Nahh, dont worry, i'm not accusing you of stealing my idea :P even if you had, it wouldnt matter... i probably never actually said about it on here.

Anyhow. Are the bolts used in these the standard ones? or are they different bolts? if so... would you be so kind as to post me some/pm me what type they are....

If you send me a PM, we can arrange things, because i can get my own tires...

- Kaz

(please say you understood all that :P)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
I've been searching for the right tyres for over a year now Kazbahn and quite a few people have used tyres (car and bike) for ages

It was the fixing method that had stopped most people using them and the tread spacing I managed to get round the tread spacing by making a drill and template system that allows me to drill a set depth into the rubber (try drilling rubber and you will see the difficultys  :Claugh:)

The bolts are a good quality philips head machine screw (not really cheap ones ) nothing special but they have to be sunken below the tread depth or you will just slide along on the screw heads  :Claugh:

If you are going to be making your own make sure you get nylon belted tyres not steel as you will have a tough job cutting the steel belted ones also make sure you go for a soft sticky rubber compound as some of the longer lasting tyres I tried were like bocking on ice  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »
Thanks for that jason, i'll keep all those ideas in mind when i'm making mine :P

Offline scruff

• Jump! How High??
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »
They look nice
well done Jason :Crolleyes:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »
they look mint jason, im gonna pm you with an idea for the hooves sky high have been needing, i think with this style we could get em perfect

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline lynch

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »
lynch is first to buy woooooo

Offline lynch

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »
they are on
and lets see how long they last me the projump ones last me about 3/4 mounts of use they see how much i get out of there

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 10:10:24 PM »
Glad you got them so quick Lynch just goes to show the Post Office can still do it

Don't forget to give them a good bock on a course surface before any gym work

Offline lynch

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
will do and they work better on grass that the pj ones :P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 10:42:22 PM »
And in Mud  :Claugh:

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
Well lynch had them on this weekend i think they help before paul broke the spring! lol

Can i buy a set.

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »
dude those hoofies were amazing i did not slip at all on that wet grass was flipping all over the show they were awesome !!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
Flipping on wet grass? I can't do that without bocks! These sound great! =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline lynch

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »
they really are the best and i was first to buy them hehehehehehehheheheheh :Ctongue: