Author Topic: Pinheads cuffs, The first user review  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Pinheads cuffs, The first user review
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »

Ok so as you know I have been very fortunate to get the very first ever set of pinheads new cuffs, and as he said I was like a kid in a sweetshop when I got them on my stilts and finally got to try them.
Initial impressions,  they are superbly made and I got to see pin at work creating some also, he is a master on the machine and takes the greatest pride in his work, so much so I tell him over and over that he isn’t charging enough for what he is putting into them, but he is adamant that he will just cover the materials .
There is a lot that goes into the cuffs in way of materials, it was very surprising to see the raw templates and just how many there were for each cuff.
You can adjust the cuffs in 2 obvious ways, firstly you have the front strap system , 4 loops to double through then Velcro to seal, over kill? Maybe, easy to get tight and secure? Most defiantly.
But that’s the point of pins mods, to be the best and this is something I feel he has achieved once again.
Then you have long Velcro panels at the back which can also be adjusted, although ive not yet seen the need to do so.
From the very start I had problems with knee bars, I couldn’t get the straps tight enough, then I found some mint straps  with the best buckles I have ever seen, but they were thin and so too tight or pinched half the time and I had to wear tubigrips If I wanted to wear shorts.
I did get to try the poweriser cuffs at my first meet  and thought then that cuffs were the way forward, although the riser cuffs seemed to have a pivot on them, which made them feel unsafe to some degree, although Im sure you would get used to it.
With the phat cuffs they have the exact same secure feel as a bar and a great set of straps , but theres more spread on contact areas.
The pads that come with them have eliminated any chaffing or pinching, I have bocked in my shorts, with no tubigrips and they felt wonderful,  with or without kneepads
Today being there biggest test while I worked 6 hours on my stilts, they passed with flying colours.
They were comfortable and stable all day, and they really made bocking more enjoyable than its been in a long time, it’s a rare thing at times to put your stilts on for a long time and nothing start to hurt you.
I am also fully confident in the security, neo ninja can vouch that I put them through a good testing today, and I actually felt more confident today wearing them, and that always shows in your bocking.
I have filmed some footage of me tricking around with them on, which I will be posting tomorrow once I get round to editing it, how I love editing [/sarcasm]
I feel theres more I should say about them but I doubt most people have made it past the wall of text already, so ill wrap up buy saying thank you to pinhead.
These are what cuffs should be, im honestly proud to be rocking them, I cant wait for the other fortunate few to get theres and tell everyone what they think.
I would put money on them getting nothing but praise.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”