• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
PJ2009
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:41:21 AM »
PJ2009

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1422

A short clip showing John and Ian of Pro-Jump 101 in action. John is using the new 2009 model we are currently testing. The new jumping stilts, use a new frame design and a new spring. John usually uses 95kg stilts, the new spring is rated 85kg so well below what he is used to. A big thank you to spud for the final cut & youtube friendly music.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: PJ2009
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:06 AM »
when can we get them and how much they gonna run me?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »
Not sure yet tbh

We still want to continue testing these and an aluminium version will also be released and testing will start on them this week.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »
whoa i just realised the suport rods r backwards wtf is up with that lol hmmm i would like to try some but i dont have the money for them :( and im still not sure if i like the look of them there rilly wieard looking but kool at the same time

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
yeah they copied hilly and they copied SJ but they have been playing about with the design for a couple of years so they are mind readers as well

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
Hilly should buy some and tell people he made a working version  :Ctwitcy:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »
I've had that image for months, and in a much higher resolution :Ctongue:

The stopped on the back of the footplate is an interesting addition, and the curved crossbar is weird. I'm a bit more happy with the springs having bolts through the middle after seeing a lot of photos and videos in action, I'm assuming John is on only one pair throughout the entire video though.
The hoof being hollow is a bit odd, I guess it allows for impact and flexs a bit when landing, which should hopefully take a bit of the force off of the rubber, meaning it might last longer. Just theorising there though.

Lack of support rods is interesting, i'm still trying to figure out if it's possible to tilt the footplate at all like on the older models, as to do it you'd need to adjust the bolt right at the back up and down, and even on my high-res image I can't see any additional holes for the bolt to go through, or a shape like i've attached below

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »
the "A Frame" at the back is whats been added so theres no need for support bars, i think this is supposed to keep the footplate at a right angle to the frame, so if you could adjust it wouldnt that mean its a rubbish a frame?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:57:54 PM »
Having it adjustable wouldn't really make it a rubbish frame, as it's still a good design. You could make it adjustable using different levels of holes to put the bolts through, rather than a single curved section like I previously posted...

All footplates previously have been user-adjustable, so you could set them however you like them, like I have mine pointing slightly up, other people I know have them downwards. People might not like having them at 90 degrees with no customisable angle, and that might put them off buying them, that's what I'm trying to get at with it.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »
well i'm personally quite tempted just because of the fact there's no support rods, the weird shape of my left ankle causes me to bash a boney but of ankle on one of the bars if i bend my ankle sideways accidentally, and tightening bindings isn't a solution btw, just cuts off more circulation

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
yeah i see what your saying sprog, i think they probably left it out as they actually think we are noobs or some isht.
i think the new stilts look really badass though, they look a bit more high tech if you get what im on about, the a frame sets off the look loads, i really hope they come with black bindings also, im not a fan of orange foam.
my predicted mods for these....
sticky rubber pads for the footplates as i think metal might be slippy if your not strapped in properly.
theres gonna be pinheads cuffs on any serious bockers pair.
some new badass spring armour and sleeves
and nitros to do barrel rolls
well maybe not but you know what pin and jason are like

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
i really hope they come with black bindings also, im not a fan of orange foam.
They come with the black EVO-2 bindings as default, so no problems there :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 10:51:25 PM »
I think I can see a way of adjusting the angle of the footplate but I'll wait until I've seen a more detailed pic

And if you just have to have a forward rake you could always put a set of wedges on the footplate

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 01:34:37 AM »
That's somthing I'm guessing we won't be able to swap old springs to the new fram cause of the bolts through the middle of the spring.

Red :scool:

click for details

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
na you cant as well you may not be able to do it the other way round as well, but me and jason will work that one out  :Cyes:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
That's somthing I'm guessing we won't be able to swap old springs to the new fram cause of the bolts through the middle of the spring.
na you cant
Unless they've stopped with the production of it, FlyingLocust were working on an adaptor that allowed you to fit old-style springs onto the new frames.

Offline Killer Chinchilla

• Chillin' with my chinchillas...
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »
Naz, Is this the new pro jump elite u'v got as an option 2 pre-order on the pro jump site because i've just looked & the elite looks completely different with a different knee bar and a different spring.  :Cconfused:

If it is, u no the pm u sent me sayin that the projumps will b about 5 weeks now till there back in stock, will u hav any of the PJ2009's in then aswell?  :PJR:

KC  :Cwink:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 10:26:47 PM »
Naz, Is this the new pro jump elite u'v got as an option 2 pre-order on the pro jump site because i've just looked & the elite looks completely different with a different knee bar and a different spring.  :Cconfused:
Elites were cancelled well over a year ago, ignore that page as it's completely useless now, Naz keeps forgetting to update it about the new 2009's :P

Offline masterking09

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
na you cant
Unless they've stopped with the production of it, FlyingLocust were working on an adaptor that allowed you to fit old-style springs onto the new frames.

Sorry, but i believe you are wrong here sprog.  Flyinglocust has not been working on an adapter to fit regular springs to these.  that adapter is strictly being made from Speedjumper, without cooperation from FL.  Hopefully FL will make their own adapter too though

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »
OMFG!!!

this is history did u just say sprog THE sprog was wrong!! :o thats it the universe is going to collapse :Cswoon: :Cbiggrin:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »
Sorry, but i believe you are wrong here sprog.  Flyinglocust has not been working on an adapter to fit regular springs to these.  that adapter is strictly being made from Speedjumper, without cooperation from FL.  Hopefully FL will make their own adapter too though
Same difference, considering their models of bocks are highly similar (although it is impossible to say who stole whose design) I'd suggest they both have an adaptor in the works. It would be foolish not to.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »
Differently they are ALL bloody copies aint they, damn b***h b***h b***h, he stole my idea.
speedjumper, if someone stole your ideas you were either flashing up images to people all over the net, otherwise the idea would be unique, speed jumper could have stolen the idea for all we know.
the point is none of you invented these things, and as we know any mods to improve them  have to be paid for to the original inventor to be sold.
ask pin about that one.
aframes and brackets for swapping springs, although ilove to see designs moving forward, this is hardly gonna re-invent the wheel now is it

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »
my predicted mods for these....
some new badass spring armour

Mine would be ideal for these!
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.